• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA today coaches poll

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...l/usatpoll.htm

SEC still > pac-10

5 sec teams and 4 pac-10.

EDIT: here's both the USA today poll and the AP.

so in all fairness guys, Oklahoma is number 3 in the AP.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex
    Last edited by soybean; 09-09-2007, 02:52 PM.

I was a little surprised to see Oklahoma stay at 5. They're in my Top 3.

Comment

Man, South Florida is STILL not in the top 25? I think USF deserves it more than Oregon IMO.

Comment

Hawaii holding tight at 22. :D

Comment

WOOO RU up to 13!!!!
          We ALL bleed scarlet
          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
            Man, South Florida is STILL not in the top 25? I think USF deserves it more than Oregon IMO.
            They are #27 and Auburn is #26. That makes no sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerBait45 View Post
              I was a little surprised to see Oklahoma stay at 5. They're in my Top 3.
              Uhh... who exactly has Oklahoma beaten to justify them leaping West Virginia and Florida? You are aware that Miami stinks as of late, no?
              The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

There seems to be a lot of bias amongst pollsters toward Auburn. The Badgers finished with the same losses as Auburn in '05, more wins, and crushed them in their bowl game; yet Wisconsin finished behind Auburn in the final poll. This year, South Florida beats Auburn at Jordan Hare, has a better record, yet received less votes. It must be those SEC homer coaches and writers who have a difficult time adjusting from the prejudice that everything is better in the SEC. LSU fans were chanting "SEC" after their win yesterday. On what basis? It's not as if the SEC had an overly impressive week overall to compel that chant. Old traditions die hard. The Pac 10 is the best conference in the land this year IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
                  Uhh... who exactly has Oklahoma beaten to justify them leaping West Virginia and Florida? You are aware that Miami stinks as of late, no?
                  Uhhh....what defense has West Virginia ever played to justify being #3 or 4 in the preseason rankings?

Comment

Originally posted by BerninWI View Post
                    Uhhh....what defense has West Virginia ever played to justify being #3 or 4 in the preseason rankings?
                    The preseason rankings were what they were. Oklahoma has done nothing to stand out over Florida or WV to this point.

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

So much for all the hype about lower division schools getting votes. Not even one vote for App State

Comment

Miami beats Marshall by 28 points.

West Virginia beats Marshall by 25 points.

Oklahoma beats Miami by 38 points.

I'd like to know what makes West Virginia (trailing Marshall at half-time) and Florida (giving up 31 points to Troy) so much better than Oklahoma.

Comment

The preseason rankings were what they were. Oklahoma has done nothing to stand out over Florida or WV to this point.
                          That's illogical to say pollsters shouldn't correct preconceived notions they had during the preseason following evidence that has mounted in the actual season. It's not as if being dropped a few spots would be a death sentence for West Virginia so there would need to be proof beyond a reasonable doubt to convict them. That's an archaic belief about preseason rankings.

Comment

That is what is wrong with college football polls. Why the hell should where the teams were ranked in the preseason have anything to do with the week 2 polls. Oklahoma wasted a Miami team that is far superior to any team that Florida or West Virginia has faced. Oklahoma has been the superior of the three teams up to this point. They need to rank the teams based on how good they are, not how good they were in the preseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                              Miami beats Marshall by 28 points.

West Virginia beats Marshall by 25 points.

Oklahoma beats Miami by 38 points.

I'd like to know what makes West Virginia (trailing Marshall at half-time) and Florida (giving up 31 points to Troy) so much better than Oklahoma.
                              You need to: a.) work on your comprehension skills, or b.) quit putting words in my mouth. Never did I say that WV or Florida are so much better, much better, or even better than Oklahoma. All I'm saying is that Oklahoma hasn't done anything to this point in the season to warrant moving them up in the rankings over two teams who haven't done anything to warrant moving down in the rankings.

I don't care what Miami did against Marshall compared to what WVU did against Marshall. Quite frankly, it's irrelevant. In the end, WVU beat Marshall by a considerable margin. If they would have lost or beaten Marshall by less than, let's say, 25 points, then you might have a case that Miami is better than WVU. Which isn't the point you're trying to make, or at least I hope it's not. If D3 Fudpucker University loses to App. State by 1 point, does that make Fudpucker U better than Michigan? Whatever logic you think you're using with that BS, it's pretty skewed.

Oh, and by the way, Troy is a pretty good team.

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information