No announcement yet.

How underrated is Boston College?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone catch the BC-GT game? It wasn't as close as the score showed. Matt Ryan was dominant and this was a big win for BC.

Comment

BC's run defense was fantastic. Completely shut down Choice. Ryan looked like one of the best in the nation. BC is definitely the best in the ACC.

That is correct comahan
      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
      <3 dg

Comment

matt ryan now should be considered as atleast a marginal 1st round talent

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
          BC's run defense was fantastic. Completely shut down Choice. Ryan looked like one of the best in the nation. BC is definitely the best in the ACC.
          Their defense was amzing with 3 starters out (Toal, Raji, Larkin). BC has had a lot of the guys on both sides of the ball step up, especially defense (#60 DT Ron Brace, #94 LB Mark Herzlich, #55 DT Damik Scaife). Matt Ryan put that below average NC State game behind him and had probably the best game of his career (over the Wake game 2 weeks ago). I think not only is he a borderline 1st rounder but a top 10 Heisman candidate, espeically after beating GT and now they have what looks to be a ridiculously easy 4 game stretch.

Comment

i Was happy to see GT lose, GT's coaching staff is overated, They abandoned the run and blitzing on defense in the first quarter.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
              matt ryan now should be considered as atleast a marginal 1st round talent
              I'm pretty sure he was considered a marginal first round talent before the GT game...

Comment

look how much better he is when receivers don't drop passes...

either way, he looked dominant and the deep balls he was throwing were fantastic. i'd still have him behind woodson and brohm but definitely ahead of some of the others

and the run defense has been outstanding, but IMO their major weakness right now is the lack of a pass rush, and that definitely hurts with larkin out.
                Let's get it done Spaziani.

Belichick might be an a-hole... but I'd rather have an a-hole that wins than one that doesn't.

Comment

Hmmm. That game was not a very good indicator. BC played very well, but their competition(GT) did not play up to par, and it was not because BC dominated them that much.

Bennett has repeatedly skipped his passes into his receivers, and the coaching staff did abandon the run, as someone has already stated.

Also, you would not believe the calls BC got, I was very surprised for a minute I thought I was at BC's stadium. GT's coaching staff is over rated, but I would not chalk up BC as being dominant in the ACC just yet.

GTech when Bennett gets his passing sorted out will balance the offense, and GTech could very well defeat BC.

Comment

Quick question here. If BC runs the table in the ACC and finishes undefeated do they get national championship consideration?

Comment

Any undefeated team in a BCS conference will get consideration, but if USC and LSU go undefeated too they won't get in because they'll never get ranked over them. I don't see anyway BC goes undefeated though, their last 5 games will be tough and I don't see them getting through all of those.

That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

Comment

Color me surprised. I'm even more impressed with our pass defense given how Ryan smoked GT. You can put it on the receivers all you want, but the fact remains that Ryan bumrushed GT and Wake and looked pedestrian against us. I'm pulling for BC from here on out though cuz lord knows FSU won't do jack **** with that inept offense.

Originally posted by Morgan Freeman
                        Titty sprinkles

Comment

They are not underated they just play in the ACC and the ACC is arguably the worst confrence this year, they should win the ACC this year.

Comment

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...l/usatpoll.htm

They are now ranked #12, which I am liking. I think that is the highest we have been rated in quite a while. I am pretty sure (almost positive) it's gonna come down to BC/Clemson in the ACC, which was a great game a year ago. Remainder of schedule-

Army
                            Umass
                            Bowling Green
                            Notre Dame
                            VT
                            FSU
                            Maryland
                            Clemson
                            Miami

Hopefully we will be 7-0 afeter the ND game, VT and BC always play eachother tough though. FSU and Maryland could be tough games, as could Miami. The Clemson one will be a great game.

Comment

Matt Ryan is the one who is underrated, at least by Scott...Number 8 in the QB rankings and not even in the top 10 of his Heisman handicapping...I just don't understand it. He deserves to be at least number ten.

Credit goes to Guesswhosback

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information