How underrated is Boston College?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don Vito
    started a topic How underrated is Boston College?

How underrated is Boston College?

They have looked dazzling in their first 2 games against pretty good ACC opponents (Wake and NC State). Matt Ryan, DeJuan Tribble, Gosder Cherilus, and JoLonn Dunbar are playing like All-Americans with players like SS Jamie Silva, OLB Mark Herzlich (#94 an absolute beast of a sophmore), RB Andre Callender, G Ryan Poles, freshman RT Anthony Castonzo, DT Ron Brace, and WR Kevin Challenger playing like stars.

I have watched BC my whole life but I have nevers seen them play the way they are under first year coach Jeff Jagodzinski. This game against GT is huge, and I do believe BC has the potential to do some great things in a weaker than usual ACC. If BJ Raji comes back this defense could be one of the best the nation has to offer, it already looks like BC's best in years, if not ever. Couple the defense with this new found offensive firepower led by Matt Ryan and this team is scary. Does anyone else see BC as a vastly underrated team?

• BUTerriers
    replied
    Matt Ryan is the one who is underrated, at least by Scott...Number 8 in the QB rankings and not even in the top 10 of his Heisman handicapping...I just don't understand it. He deserves to be at least number ten.

Leave a comment:

• Don Vito
    replied
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...l/usatpoll.htm

They are now ranked #12, which I am liking. I think that is the highest we have been rated in quite a while. I am pretty sure (almost positive) it's gonna come down to BC/Clemson in the ACC, which was a great game a year ago. Remainder of schedule-

Army
    Umass
    Bowling Green
    Notre Dame
    VT
    FSU
    Maryland
    Clemson
    Miami

Hopefully we will be 7-0 afeter the ND game, VT and BC always play eachother tough though. FSU and Maryland could be tough games, as could Miami. The Clemson one will be a great game.

Leave a comment:

• CARDIAC CAT 7
    replied
    They are not underated they just play in the ACC and the ACC is arguably the worst confrence this year, they should win the ACC this year.

Leave a comment:

• ncst8fan83
    replied
    Color me surprised. I'm even more impressed with our pass defense given how Ryan smoked GT. You can put it on the receivers all you want, but the fact remains that Ryan bumrushed GT and Wake and looked pedestrian against us. I'm pulling for BC from here on out though cuz lord knows FSU won't do jack **** with that inept offense.

Leave a comment:

• draftguru151
    replied
    Any undefeated team in a BCS conference will get consideration, but if USC and LSU go undefeated too they won't get in because they'll never get ranked over them. I don't see anyway BC goes undefeated though, their last 5 games will be tough and I don't see them getting through all of those.

Leave a comment:

• SuperKevin
    replied
    Quick question here. If BC runs the table in the ACC and finishes undefeated do they get national championship consideration?

Leave a comment:

• 504 to ATL
    replied
    Hmmm. That game was not a very good indicator. BC played very well, but their competition(GT) did not play up to par, and it was not because BC dominated them that much.

Bennett has repeatedly skipped his passes into his receivers, and the coaching staff did abandon the run, as someone has already stated.

Also, you would not believe the calls BC got, I was very surprised for a minute I thought I was at BC's stadium. GT's coaching staff is over rated, but I would not chalk up BC as being dominant in the ACC just yet.

GTech when Bennett gets his passing sorted out will balance the offense, and GTech could very well defeat BC.

Leave a comment:

• megansett56BC
    replied
    look how much better he is when receivers don't drop passes...

either way, he looked dominant and the deep balls he was throwing were fantastic. i'd still have him behind woodson and brohm but definitely ahead of some of the others

and the run defense has been outstanding, but IMO their major weakness right now is the lack of a pass rush, and that definitely hurts with larkin out.

Leave a comment:

• JagHombre22
    replied
    Originally posted by 619 View Post
    matt ryan now should be considered as atleast a marginal 1st round talent
    I'm pretty sure he was considered a marginal first round talent before the GT game...

Leave a comment:

• vatech=accdomination
    replied
    i Was happy to see GT lose, GT's coaching staff is overated, They abandoned the run and blitzing on defense in the first quarter.

Leave a comment:

• Don Vito
    replied
    Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
    BC's run defense was fantastic. Completely shut down Choice. Ryan looked like one of the best in the nation. BC is definitely the best in the ACC.
    Their defense was amzing with 3 starters out (Toal, Raji, Larkin). BC has had a lot of the guys on both sides of the ball step up, especially defense (#60 DT Ron Brace, #94 LB Mark Herzlich, #55 DT Damik Scaife). Matt Ryan put that below average NC State game behind him and had probably the best game of his career (over the Wake game 2 weeks ago). I think not only is he a borderline 1st rounder but a top 10 Heisman candidate, espeically after beating GT and now they have what looks to be a ridiculously easy 4 game stretch.

Leave a comment:

replied
    matt ryan now should be considered as atleast a marginal 1st round talent

Leave a comment:

• draftguru151
    replied
    BC's run defense was fantastic. Completely shut down Choice. Ryan looked like one of the best in the nation. BC is definitely the best in the ACC.

Leave a comment:

• Don Vito
    replied
    Anyone catch the BC-GT game? It wasn't as close as the score showed. Matt Ryan was dominant and this was a big win for BC.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information