No announcement yet.

Les Miles to Michigan talk.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey LSUALUM and TigerBait... if Miles were to leave, how would you guys feel about the guy I mentioned before, Derek Dooley? He was here during all of Saban's years, and I believe he was the recruiting coordinator for 2 of those years, so I'd imagine he knows how to recruit. Being the son of an all-time great college coach I'm sure his knowledge of the game is pretty darn good... and you know he's a great offensive mind based on the way LA Tech went toe-to-toe with Hawaii's juggernaut offense. The biggest knock on Dooley (and it IS a big one) is his lack of head coaching experience, but if he's able to turn around that god-awful Tech team from a year ago in just one season, I think he's worth a look. I'll be keeping an eye on Tech's season. Thoughts, Tiger fans?
    The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

If Carr leaves then Miles is in.

Comment

I wouldn't mind Dooley at all, but I think a guy like Bo Pelini would be higher up on my list. I'd imagine Dooley's pedigree makes him a pretty attractive candidate for a lot of jobs though.

I just love Bo more than anything, I think. That guy is intense.

We'll just have to wait it out I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerBait45 View Post
          I wouldn't mind Dooley at all, but I think a guy like Bo Pelini would be higher up on my list. I'd imagine Dooley's pedigree makes him a pretty attractive candidate for a lot of jobs though.

I just love Bo more than anything, I think. That guy is intense.

We'll just have to wait it out I suppose.
          Ideally, whoever we hire in the event of Miles leaving will be able to keep Bo on board as defensive coordinator. I'd probably prefer Dooley as head coach with Pelini as defensive coordinator over Pelini as HC and a new DC. I'd like to keep Bo's focus 100% on the defensive side of the ball.
          The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

I don't think you can count on that though. Someone is gonna give him a head coaching job sooner rather than later.

Comment

well if miles really wants to coach at UM, then you should ask yourself if he would pass up the possibility of going now? if not when could he get another chance for the job to be open?

if he really wants to coach at michigan, i think he takes the job now because its not a job that changes that often, michigan could find a coach for the next 10 years, and miles knows that...he's not gonna sound interested, which is what they all do for the sake of their team, but he has a decision to make afterwards and if he values michigan like that he will jump on it after the season

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information