Les Miles to Michigan talk.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les Miles to Michigan talk.

I just wanted to get the opinion of some LSU fans about what they think of this current situation. I also feel terrible that Les Miles is getting asked these questions during the season. But in all reality i hope he says **** it to LSU and comes home.

Thanks to Gang Green for the SIG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpbXXPOgR2w

Not sure I want him, but word is that there's a 90% chance that Miles is gone if he gets offered the Michigan job. Most LSU fans on the Scout board agree and are already talking about possible replacements for Miles (Pelini likely). It's really a matter of how much he loves LSU, which is a lot, and how much he wants to return to his alma mater, which is probably even more.

Personally, I'd prefer Tedford or Mike Trgovac.
    I'm a state.

Comment

the hometown factor is the only reason id say les miles would leave LSU for michigan who are a mess rite now

Comment

i wouldnt do it i think lsu is a much better school and probaly will get alot of more recruits than michigan. but i hope he takes it cause lsu will be 2nd to florida

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
          the hometown factor is the only reason id say les miles would leave LSU for michigan who are a mess rite now
          Miles was born in Ohio.
          I'm a state.

Comment

Well, the rumor around LSU fans is that Les will most likely take the Michigan job if Carr isn't somehow fired during the season (don't think he will be since Michigan hasn't done that before).

Personally, (and I'm notably biased) I think the LSU job is just as good as any job in the country. The fan base is one of the best in the country, the stadium is a top 10 in terms of seating, the recruiting is excellent, the conference is the best, and the SEC makes the most money per school for football (at least for the last 4 years they have, not sure about before that). I don't think leaving LSU for UofM is a 'promotion' but he did play for UofM and coach there two different times under Bo.

I think he's a pretty good coach and an excellent recruiter so I don't want him to go. That being said, I'm not putting him in the Stever Spurrier (I hate but respect him as a college coach), Urban Meyer (best coach in the country in my opinion) or Pete Carroll (turned around that program to make it a dynasty status program again) league either.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
            I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

Originally posted by alca1992 View Post
              i wouldnt do it i think lsu is a much better school and probaly will get alot of more recruits than michigan. but i hope he takes it cause lsu will be 2nd to florida
              Did you just say LSU is a much better school than Michigan!!!!!

Dear lord.

Comment

Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
                I think he's a pretty good coach and an excellent recruiter so I don't want him to go. That being said, I'm not putting him in the Stever Spurrier (I hate but respect him as a college coach), Urban Meyer (best coach in the country in my opinion) or Pete Carroll (turned around that program to make it a dynasty status program again) league either.
                What about Nick Saban?.... Like the guy that turned LSWho into LSU.

Comment

I don't think he wants to go anywhere, including Michigan. I wouldn't be shocked, but he's in a great situation right now. I know for sure that he wouldn't go anywhere but Michigan, but we'll see. If he wants to go, he goes. Give me Bo Pelini or Derek Dooley and I'll be quite happy.
                  The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by VY10 View Post
                    What about Nick Saban?.... Like the guy that turned LSWho into LSU.

Lets be honest, LSU has never been LSWHO. LSU has multiple national championships, a Heisman Trophy winner, and competes in the best conference. LSU has a more storied tradition than UofF or Miami. That being said, Saban did bring LSU back to elite status as of late.

But I still think Spurrier, Meyer and Carroll are better coaches than Saban. Nick Saban is an excellent coach and is better than Les Miles though.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                    I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                      Miles was born in Ohio.
                      state of champions

Comment

Originally posted by DChess View Post
                        state of champions
                        The Florida Gators beg to differ with that opinion.

Originally posted by Halsey
                        I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                          The Florida Gators beg to differ with that opinion.
                          no they don't, urban meyer is an ohio boy

Comment

Originally posted by OhioState View Post
                            no they don't, urban meyer is an ohio boy
                            Good thing Urban Meyer was the only person that mattered on that team And I'm assuming we're only counting football in this discussion, because Al Horford and Co. might disagree with you. Ohio: State of Runner-Ups (Ohio State football/hoops, Cavs etc...)

Back on topic, I do think LSU is more of a win-now job and it would seem foolish to leave a top 10 school for a program that appears in shambles. But you can never discount the whole "I want to coach at my alma mater and restore it to glory" factor. Mind you, we haven't slipped that far coming off a 11-2 season and Rose Bowl appearance and now these two slop shows, but you get my point. Hopefully if he gets the job, there's a possibility that we can open up a recruiting pipeline down South.

Comment

Hes a really good recruiter and a solid coach, but it really wouldn't hurt me to see Bo Pelini as LSUs head coach.

I like Les a lot, but hes not an elite coach. I'd imagine if Michigan offered him the job he'd take it. He seems very happy at LSU but his heart is probably in Michigan. I can't hold that against him though..its reasonable.

And a note on Nick Saban..hes an excellent recruiter but I never found him to be that great a coach. He'd consistenly show up with teams that weren't prepared to play and lost a ton of games he shouldn't have. Even in the national championship year they lost a game they should've won. As a coach, I'd take Les Miles. As a recruiter, I'd take Nick Saban.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information