Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demetrius Jones transferring from ND

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
    You might say Bingo but that was exactly what I was looking for. So who would you rather have Juice Williams Demetrius Jones, or Jimmy Clausen starting. BINGO
    Probably Clausen. They're all unproven, what's your point? I'm still waiting for you to tell me how in the hell Demetrius is garbage. Oh wait, you can't.

    Here are the numbers on Juice to this point:
    Completion percentage: 41%
    Yards per passing attempt: 5.7
    Yards per rushing attempt: 3.6
    Pass TD/Int: 9/10

    Now obviously stats don't tell the whole story, but those are pretty doggone awful. Juice has shown flashes, and I know he'll get better, but he's been nothing but overrated to this point. In fact, UNLIKE Demetrius Jones, a case could actually be made for Juice being "garbage."
    The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

    Sig by jkpigskin

    Comment


    • #17
      Wow, Jimmy Clausen has now forced 2 QBs out of South Bend

      Comment


      • #18
        Demetrius Jones was awful.He didnt show any sign of being a QB more like a WR playing QB.Sharpley and Clausen both played 100 times better than Jones.
        "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

        Comment


        • #19
          Weis didn't trust him. It's just like when you have an OC, but don't let him call the plays, they leave.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
            Probably Clausen. They're all unproven, what's your point? I'm still waiting for you to tell me how in the hell Demetrius is garbage. Oh wait, you can't.

            Here are the numbers on Juice to this point:
            Completion percentage: 41%
            Yards per passing attempt: 5.7
            Yards per rushing attempt: 3.6
            Pass TD/Int: 9/10

            Now obviously stats don't tell the whole story, but those are pretty doggone awful. Juice has shown flashes, and I know he'll get better, but he's been nothing but overrated to this point. In fact, UNLIKE Demetrius Jones, a case could actually be made for Juice being "garbage."
            Demetrius = wide receiver
            Originally posted by nvot9
            I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

            Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
            Indianapolis Colts 13-3
            Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
            Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
            Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

            Comment


            • #21
              Rumor has it people have already seen Demetrius Jones on campus at Northern Illinois.

              Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

              Comment


              • #22
                Everyone could have seen this coming. In fact I guessed that both Frazer and Jones would eventually leave after Clausen committed. Oh yeah, Dayne Crist will probably never step onto the campus at ND. I don't care how good he is or thinks he is, but he's probably not better than Jimmy Clausen. Expect him to start looking elsewhere...

                Comment


                • #23
                  If Dayne were to redshirt hed still be able to start for two years.
                  "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Rather than transfer Jones should have pulled an Arnaz Battle and moved to WR in order to help the team becausehe's more likely to attract pro attention as a WR at Notre Dame than he will as a QB at Northern Illinois

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      ND fans, don't talk **** about D Jones. he got a quarter to prove himself. Yes, he's probably not as good as Clausen but he deserves more than a quarter to show that, good luck at N Illisnois, all the best to him.


                      "A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

                      Originally posted by Emmitt Smith
                      Donít quit, donít even quit.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by NittanyLion2k7 View Post
                        Everyone could have seen this coming. In fact I guessed that both Frazer and Jones would eventually leave after Clausen committed. Oh yeah, Dayne Crist will probably never step onto the campus at ND. I don't care how good he is or thinks he is, but he's probably not better than Jimmy Clausen. Expect him to start looking elsewhere...
                        Sure Dayne Crist will play. As soon as Clausen leaves.
                        Originally posted by nvot9
                        I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

                        Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                        Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                        Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                        Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                        Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Of course it's unfair he only got a quarter to show his stuff. But I mean, come on. We ALL knew that it was Jimmy's show as soon as he stepped on campus. If anything he shouldn't have been so naive to believe he ever truly had a chance at taking the spot away from Clausen.

                          However I will say this :

                          -It's not entirely his fault, since he did commit the year before Clausen did. He had no way of knowing the second coming of He-Zeus was going to be stepping onto campus right after him.
                          -As soon as Clausen committed, he should have just left. Everyone else outside of him and Frazer knew right away that they had no shot.
                          -He's just not that good. I watched that game and he played terribly. It's not even so much about whether Clausen has better mechanics, or an arm or accuracy or anything physical. I can't say any of those things cause he only made 3 passes. But I can say this :the guy doesn't have the intangibles to play QB. He paniced everytime someone got in his face, he had no pocket presence and showed no poise in the pocket. Jimmy Clausen is a much better QB than Demetrius Jones as far as intangibles is concerned, and no one can argue otherwise.

                          Good luck Demetrius Jones. Although WR isn't out of the question since the ND Depth chart is relatively weak.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            its official

                            http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3021106


                            props to Eaglez. Fan on the sig

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              so much for switching to WR.
                              "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                no surprise. demetrius jones didnt travel with the team to michigan.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information