Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Non-BCS team could win the BCS Bowl Bid?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Non-BCS team could win the BCS Bowl Bid?

Now that there is a fifth BCS Bowl game and one school from a Non-BCS Conference has the chance to be awarded that game. If qualified, who do you think will end up getting it?
    Last edited by D-Unit; 09-17-2007, 03:27 PM.

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    Now that there is a fifth BCS Bowl game and one school from a Non-BCS Conference has to be awarded that game, who do you think will end up getting it?
    Notre Dame will finish 6-6 and get it. =D

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Hawaii has to be the favorite

Comment

Since I know it's the answer you want to hear, Hawaii. Them, Tulsa, and Air Force are the only Non-BCS teams that are undefeated. If not them, if TCU runs the table with the only loss to Texas than maybe them.

I didn't think it was automatic, I thought it was just if they were ranked higher than one of the teams that won the conference. Like last year it was Wake Forest.

Comment

Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
          Since I know it's the answer you want to hear, Hawaii. Them, Tulsa, and Air Force are the only Non-BCS teams that are undefeated. If not them, if TCU runs the table with the only loss to Texas than maybe them.

I didn't think it was automatic, I thought it was just if they were ranked higher than one of the teams that won the conference. Like last year it was Wake Forest.
          No last year it was Boise St.

Comment

if TCU runs the table with the only loss to Texas than maybe them.
            TCU has 2 losses. they lost to Air Force Friday

Comment

Originally posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
              TCU has 2 losses. they lost to Air Force Friday
              Thanks. Didn't see that.

Comment

No last year it was Boise St.
                I meant Wake Forest was the conference champ that was ranked lower than Boise, which got them in.

Comment

I meant Wake Forest was the conference champ that was ranked lower than Boise, which got them in.
                  Say what again? I'm confused. Wake was the ACC champ and they get an automatic bid. What did they have to do with Boise getting in?

Comment

Say what again? I'm confused. Wake was the ACC champ and they get an automatic bid. What did they have to do with Boise getting in?
                    Because Boise was ranked higher than one of the conference champs (Wake) they got in, that's what I thought the rule was. Let me check.

Comment

Here are the rules

With this format, the champions of the Atlantic Coast, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, Pacific-10 and Southeastern Conferences will continue to play annually in one of the BCS bowls through the post-season following the regular season. In addition, one conference champion from among Conference USA, Mid-American, Mountain West, Sun Belt, and Western Athletic Conferences will automatically qualify to play in a BCS bowl if it is:

(1) ranked among the top 14 teams in the final BCS standings; or

(2) ranked among the top 16 teams in the final BCS standings and ranked higher than the champion of one of the conferences whose champion has an annual automatic berth in a BCS bowl.

This is what I was thinking of.

Comment

Yeah there is no non BCS-automatic birth, but nice try at creating another thread about Hawaii D-Unit. ;)

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Here are the rules

With this format, the champions of the Atlantic Coast, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, Pacific-10 and Southeastern Conferences will continue to play annually in one of the BCS bowls through the post-season following the regular season. In addition, one conference champion from among Conference USA, Mid-American, Mountain West, Sun Belt, and Western Athletic Conferences will automatically qualify to play in a BCS bowl if it is:

(1) ranked among the top 14 teams in the final BCS standings; or

(2) ranked among the top 16 teams in the final BCS standings and ranked higher than the champion of one of the conferences whose champion has an annual automatic berth in a BCS bowl.

This is what I was thinking of.
                          Oh very good research!

I'd say if Hawaii goes undefeated, they have to be the team to get it. They are ranked #18 in the USA Today poll right now. 14 is not far away.

If they lose a game, they are out though. No doubt about that.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            Yeah there is no non BCS-automatic birth, but nice try at creating another thread about Hawaii D-Unit. ;)
                            Sorry, I thought there was. My mistake, but at least I learned something new. :D

My purpose wasn't to create "another" Hawaii thread (as if there is one)... but it was to stir discussion on who could be in the race for it.

...and I edited the post title and original post.

Comment

Hawaii if they go 12-0 and win most every game commandingly

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information