Elite WRs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James Hardy, Indiana...Good size and hands

Chris Williams, New Mexico State...Steve Smith type but not quite on that level

Marcus Monk, Arkansas....See Hardy

Maurice Purify, Nebraska...Supposedly doesn't time well, but it doesn't show on the field. My favorite WR sleeper for this year.

Paul

New York Giants
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks (unfortunately)
    UConn Basketball
    Virginia Tech Football
    UConn Football

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
      Evan Moore also has the worst knees and ankles of any player not named Tyrone prothro
      ahh thank you. I had no idea what the knocks on him were, i went to stanford's website, but obviouslt they aren't gonna really knock him on their own site.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Malcolm Kelly and Darrius Heyward-Bey are my favorite WR's with potential to be high draft picks.

Comment

Adrian Arrington is an excellent possession-style receiver. He's got very good hands, is athletic and will go over the middle.

Comment

For some reason Arrington has always reminded me of a taller, faster Jason Avant. I know that's actually not a good comparison, but for some reason it always pops in my head.

Originally posted by Jakey
            WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
              For some reason Arrington has always reminded me of a taller, faster Jason Avant. I know that's actually not a good comparison, but for some reason it always pops in my head.

if hes taller and faster, why compare them? Why don't you think of a receiver just as tall and just as fast

Paul

New York Giants
              New York Yankees
              New York Knicks (unfortunately)
              UConn Basketball
              Virginia Tech Football
              UConn Football

Comment

I guess just from their playing style, I see similiarities. As I said though, it's really not a great comparison anyway. For one thing Arrington is much better after the catch than Avant IMO.

Originally posted by Jakey
                WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                  I guess just from their playing style, I see similiarities. As I said though, it's really not a great comparison anyway. For one thing Arrington is much better after the catch than Avant IMO.
                  I don't see a single similarity between Avant and Arrington except for the fact that they were/are #2 recievers for Michigan. As already mentioned, Arrington is much taller and much faster than Avant (6'3 190 4.45 for Arrington, 6'0 210 4.68 for Avant). Arrington specializes in the intermediate/deep range (although not a great route-runner) and is a playmaker after the catch. Also, he is deadly in the red zone as he can outjump almost any corner in D1A. Avant was much stronger, had hands of glue, and was a terrific route runner. Pretty much a guaranteed completion within 15 yards. Completely different recievers in my eyes.
                  I'm a state.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                    I don't see a single similarity between Avant and Arrington except for the fact that they were/are #2 recievers for Michigan. As already mentioned, Arrington is much taller and much faster than Avant (6'3 190 4.45 for Arrington, 6'0 210 4.68 for Avant). Arrington specializes in the intermediate/deep range (although not a great route-runner) and is a playmaker after the catch. Also, he is deadly in the red zone as he can outjump almost any corner in D1A. Avant was much stronger, had hands of glue, and was a terrific route runner. Pretty much a guaranteed completion within 15 yards. Completely different recievers in my eyes.
                    Was Avant really a 4.68? I had him in the 4.55 type range. Doesn't look THAT slow. Arrington is money in the red zone. Tha catch vs. Oregon was beastly.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                      Was Avant really a 4.68? I had him in the 4.55 type range. Doesn't look THAT slow. Arrington is money in the red zone. Tha catch vs. Oregon was beastly.
                      Avant ran a 4.80 at his pro day, but had a slight leg injury. He then ran again a few days later and put up times in the 4.65-4.70 range. I'm sure he's gotten at least a little faster since then.
                      I'm a state.

Comment

Manningham, Malcolm Kelly, and Desean Jackson are pretty good.

Comment

D.J. Hall is very underrated. Good football player all in all, though he'll probably just clock in the 4.5 range.

Comment

Ive been on the James Hardy's little bandwagon for awhile now and im sticking to that. I think if he runs in the 4.4's he could shoot up draft boards. Though he is probably only a 4.5.
                            Percy and Darrius Heyward-Bay have tons of potential and I cant wait to see them go pro.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Harry Douglas is absolute dynamite.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Brian Robiskie of Ohio State has been tearing it up this year. He has good size and speed, and his dad is the WR coach for the Dolphins. He has been in the shadows of some great players, and finally has gotten the opportunity to shine this season.

2007 stats:
                                20 rec
                                431 yds
                                21.6 ypc
                                5 TD

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information