Elite WRs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elite WRs?

Hey guys, forgive me for my ignorance, as I'm not a college football diehard, but I was curious as to who the elite WRs in the country are right now. This year's senior crop doesn't seem to have any elite players in it, like the Calvin Johnson's or Larry Fitzgerald's of years past, and the only WR getting any Heisman hype right now is DeSean Jackson. The only other guys I know about who are potential high draft picks are Adarius Bowman, Sammie Slaughter, Earl Bennett, Percy Harvin, and Patrick Turner. Who else should we been keeping our eyes on?

Michael Crabtree from texas tech. 6'3" 225 lbs with 4.4 speed

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
      Michael Crabtree from texas tech. 6'3" 225 lbs with 4.4 speed
      HAHA your in love with Crabtree.
      Originally posted by nvot9
      I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
      Indianapolis Colts 13-3
      Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
      Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
      Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
        HAHA your in love with Crabtree.
        It's hard not to like a guy that talented.

Comment

It's hard not to like a guy that talented.
          Hes a freshman so atleast you will get 2 see him for 2 more years in college if not 3.
          Originally posted by nvot9
          I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
          Indianapolis Colts 13-3
          Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
          Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
          Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Earl Bennett.....no homer

I think Davone Bess from hawaii could be good
            Last edited by Green Bay Scat; 09-18-2007, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
              Earl Bennett.....no homer

I think Davone Bess from hawaii could be good
              He is right... i actually think Bennet is the best wideout in the country

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Early Doucet is probably the most gifted LSU receiver I've seen since Josh Reed. Reed hasn't exactly set the world on fire in the pros..but man he was an absolute monster in college.

Comment

Jarett Dillard out of Rice. The dude can straight up catch the football. I remember he had something lik 15 straight games which he had a td catch. I can't remember if its still going or if that was an earlier stat i read, but i remember the record was 18 by larry fitzgerald.

Also, never really heard of this guy but Evan Moore a WR out of Stanfrod. The dude is 6' 7" 242. Now i'll take talent over size any day, as im sure most would. Especially in the era with steve smith, santana moss, laverenues coles etc. I just love a huge reciever who can go up and get the ball, however i'll take steve smith over just about anyone, except Early Randy Moss, because even tho he didn't run the most crisp routes he could just burn and go up and get the ball. It changes the way u play, instead of having to run on 3rd and short you can throw it, it just adds that dimension. Ahh, sorry for the tangent.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

I like brandon breazell from ucla a lot. He looks quick.

Comment

Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
                      Jarett Dillard out of Rice. The dude can straight up catch the football. I remember he had something lik 15 straight games which he had a td catch. I can't remember if its still going or if that was an earlier stat i read, but i remember the record was 18 by larry fitzgerald.

Also, never really heard of this guy but Evan Moore a WR out of Stanfrod. The dude is 6' 7" 242. Now i'll take talent over size any day, as im sure most would. Especially in the era with steve smith, santana moss, laverenues coles etc. I just love a huge reciever who can go up and get the ball, however i'll take steve smith over just about anyone, except Early Randy Moss, because even tho he didn't run the most crisp routes he could just burn and go up and get the ball. It changes the way u play, instead of having to run on 3rd and short you can throw it, it just adds that dimension. Ahh, sorry for the tangent.
                      Evan Moore also has the worst knees and ankles of any player not named Tyrone prothro

Comment

Evan Moore also has the worst knees and ankles of any player not named Tyrone prothro
                        thats horrible, i still hate the fact he was still in that game

Comment

Earl Bennet is the best WR in college football, but Oklahoma's Malcolm Kelly is putting on a show and living up to his enormous potential this season. Vidal Hazelton from USC has made some amazing plays this season, he is another freak who could see his name called in round 1 in the next few years. Another Pac-10 guy I love is Jaison Williams out of Oregon, probably the most underrated blend of size/athleticism/production for the WR position in the land. He oges at about 6-5 240 4.5 and can hop, catch, and make plays.

Watch out for huge Mario Urrutia out of Louisville, Adarius Bowman out of Ok. St., WVU's Darius Reynaud, and one of my personal favorites - Limas Sweed out of Texas.

Comment

I know Percy Harvin may not play the traditional receiver spot...but he's got to be one of the best receivers in the country right now...reminds me alot of Reggie Bush...

Comment

Not a fan of Urrutia. I think Douglas is better, as do most people.

I don't think Urrutia is even a 2nd-team All Big East player if the voting was fair. Douglas, Underwood, Reynaud, Britt are all better, the USF and Pitt WRs are good too but they don't get all that many chances to catch.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information