Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heisman Watch - 9/26

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Heisman Watch - 9/26

    Hey,

    Just wanted to let everyone know that I updated the Heisman Watch and this week features the most dramatic changes yet. There are two new additions to the Top 5, including a new #1, and a former favorite has dropped out of the Top 10 all together.

    You can check it out via the link on the main page.

    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

    Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

    Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes


  • #2
    Where's Mike Hart? He's averaging only 10 less rushing yards/game than McFadden and has more TDs. He may not have the YPC that flashier backs have but the fact that he's leading the nation in rush attempts speaks to his value.
    The fact that Michigan's losses were against teams perceived to be worse may hurt, but I'd be surprised if Arkansas finishes with a better record than Michigan.
    I'm not asking that you rank him #2, but a mention in the top 10 certainly wouldn't hurt.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Apriori View Post
      Where's Mike Hart? He's averaging only 10 less rushing yards/game than McFadden and has more TDs. He may not have the YPC that flashier backs have but the fact that he's leading the nation in rush attempts speaks to his value.
      The fact that Michigan's losses were against teams perceived to be worse may hurt, but I'd be surprised if Arkansas finishes with a better record than Michigan.
      I'm not asking that you rank him #2, but a mention in the top 10 certainly wouldn't hurt.
      On a list such as this, you'll always have a bunch of guys who deserve to be there but weren't mentioned due to the fact that you have to draw the line somewhere. I think everybody on the list is deserving, as is Hart. I think the bottom half especially is quite fluid at this point. Who knows, it's still early. Perhaps Hart leads Michigan to a Big11 title with a string of outstanding rushing performances. All that matters is where he is on the list at seasons end. This is just a reflection of what has happened so far from one man's perspective. He probably has Hart at #11 or 12.

      Comment


      • #4
        So DMac is on the list but brohm isnt?
        Both have done everything they can to get a W, but their teams failed them.



        Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

        Comment


        • #5
          At the start of the season I had Hart in my Top 5 but the start that Michigan had not only eliminated the Wolverines National Championship hopes but Hart's Heisman hopes as well.
          Scott Wright, President
          Draft Countdown.com
          www.draftcountdown.com

          Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

          Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
          www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

          Comment


          • #6
            Glad to see Matt Ryan on there, his stats should only go up the next 3 weeks. I just hope BC keeps winning.

            Comment


            • #7
              my question is: is tim tebow THAT much better than dennis dixon? They basically have almost identical numbers.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by soybean View Post
                my question is: is tim tebow THAT much better than dennis dixon? They basically have almost identical numbers.
                True, but I think at this point the Gators are more likely to play for a national title, and Tebow is a bigger name that hasn't been tarnished by past failures. Those are both major factors when a voter sits down to fill out their ballot. If Dixon keeps up the pace and my Ducks manage to knock of both Cal and SC, then we can expect to see Dixon's name right up there with Tebow. But as of right now, he has more steps than Tebow to take forward, because he's already taken a few back with his past struggles.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Andre Woodson should be at least 5th right now.
                  Originally posted by nvot9
                  I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

                  Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                  Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                  Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                  Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                  Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                    At the start of the season I had Hart in my Top 5 but the start that Michigan had not only eliminated the Wolverines National Championship hopes but Hart's Heisman hopes as well.
                    I understand what duckseason said about things still being early, but I don't understand why McFadden/Slaton/White can be considered frontrunners when they're clearly not going to win the national championship either (although I should acknowledge that WVU has a shot).
                    Will people start plummeting off the list as soon as their teams lose? If Colt Brennan throws 100 TD passes but doesn't go undefeated, will he have no chance?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yay for Andre Woodson making the list for the first time.

                      Sig By:The Dynasty

                      2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
                        Yay for Andre Woodson making the list for the first time.
                        He deserves more credit then 6th.
                        Originally posted by nvot9
                        I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

                        Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                        Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                        Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                        Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                        Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          YAY for Ray Ray!
                          We ALL bleed scarlet
                          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
                            He deserves more credit then 6th.
                            If he can lead Kentucky to just a 2 loss season he will be a top 3 finalist surefire, best thing about him is he never turns it over.

                            Sig By:The Dynasty

                            2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
                              If he can lead Kentucky to just a 2 loss season he will be a top 3 finalist surefire, best thing about him is he never turns it over.
                              Im really looking forward to how he plays in South Carolina 8 days from now.
                              Originally posted by nvot9
                              I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

                              Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                              Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                              Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                              Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                              Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information