• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 5 Polls

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

notables from coaches polls

cal #3; osu #4

florida #7; usf #9; oklahoma #10; wvu #12; hawaii #15; rugters #21

thats messed up; florida loses at home to unranked auburn and stays in top 10; oklahoma loses on the road to unranked colorado and stays top 10; wvu loses on the road to ranked usf and moves out of top 10; it may be a homer, but wouldnt wvu have lost to the best team? if those two were top 10, then why shouldnt we be?

cred 2 BoneKrusher

One, they were ranked ahead of you before the fact, two, you guys aren't that good, UF and OU has showed to be good teams this year, WVU hasn't.

Still no UM, getting close though.

That is correct comahan
    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
    <3 dg

Comment

Week 5 Rankings Discussion

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

USA Today Poll
      1. USC (45) 4-0 1,483
      2. LSU (14) 5-0 1,454
      3. California 5-0 1,363
      4. Ohio State (1) 5-0 1,313
      5. Wisconsin 5-0 1,251
      6. Boston College 5-0 1,138
      7. Florida 4-1 1,000
      8. Kentucky 5-0 971
      9. South Florida 4-0 960
      10. Oklahoma 4-1 925
      11. Georgia 4-1 758
      12. West Virginia 4-1 756
      13. Oregon 4-1 697
      14. Virginia Tech 4-1 661
      15. Hawaii 5-0 585
      16. Texas 4-1 573
      17. Missouri 4-0 532
      18. South Carolina 4-1 529
      19. Arizona State 5-0 466
      20. Purdue 5-0 423
      21. Rutgers 3-1 347
      22. Clemson 4-1 278
      23. Nebraska 4-1 261
      24. Cincinnati 5-0 249
      25. UCLA 4-1 79

AP Top 25

1. LSU (33) 5-0 1,593
      2. USC (32) 4-0 1,591
      3. California 5-0 1,475
      4. Ohio State 5-0 1,420
      5. Wisconsin 5-0 1,271
      6. South Florida 4-0 1,203
      7. Boston College 5-0 1,172
      8. Kentucky 5-0 1,143
      9. Florida 4-1 1,031
      10. Oklahoma 4-1 992
      11. South Carolina 4-1 900
      12. Georgia 4-1 885
      13. West Virginia 4-1 861
      14. Oregon 4-1 837
      15. Virginia Tech 4-1 639
      16. Hawaii 5-0 586
      17. Missouri 4-0 561
      18. Arizona State 5-0 497
      19. Texas 4-1 449
      20. Cincinnati 5-0 377
      21. Rutgers 3-1 299
      22. Clemson 4-1 265
      23. Purdue 5-0 218
      24. Kansas State 3-1 214
      25. Nebraska 4-1 198

Comment

how did oklahoma and florida stay top 10, with both losing to unranked teams, with floridas being at home? while wvu loses to a top 20 team on the road and drops out of top 10?

next week there are some big games, so the rankings will shake up even more; uf vs lsu; uga vs tenn; osu vs purdue; ou vs tex; vt vs clemson; rugt vs cincy; missouri vs nebraska; wisc vs illinois

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

I think it's funny the ranking are now posted in at least 3 different places on the forum now. Anyway, I'm kind of surprised the coaches jumped LSU over USC, and I'm also kind of surprised USF jumped up so much.

Originally posted by Jakey
          WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
            how did oklahoma and florida stay top 10, with both losing to unranked teams, with floridas being at home? while wvu loses to a top 20 team on the road and drops out of top 10?

next week there are some big games, so the rankings will shake up even more; uf vs lsu; uga vs tenn; osu vs purdue; ou vs tex; vt vs clemson; rugt vs cincy; missouri vs nebraska; wisc vs illinois
            Well OU and UF are both top 10 teams this year. WVU has been overated from the get go. They have no D, and their offense IS able to be stopped.

Comment

Really the only reason WVU was ranked so high in the first place was that the voters looked at their(seemingly) weak schedule and assumed they had a great chance to go undefeated IMO. I'm not sure their initial ranking was as much due to how good they were perceived to be, as to how bad their schedule was perceived to be.

Comment

As I said in the other thread, I think WVU's intial ranking had less to do with how good they were perceived to be, and more with how weak their scedule was perceived to be. The voters looked at the(seemingly) weak schedule and figured they had a great chance to go undefeated.

Comment

i dont understand how oregon is behind WVU. They barely lost to the number 3 team who was still ranked higher than USF before yesterday. WVU got manhandled in that game.

i know you shouldnt reward teams that lose but cmon...

also, i think kentucky should be higher.

Comment

i think that wvu needs to change their defensive scheme. that 3 3 5 is getting killed in games that matter. and if i was voting i would have usf around 7 or 8. and i really dont think BC is completly deserving of its high rank. LSU leaping SC is undeserved. they both sleep walked through a game the only differnce is that SC happened to be playing a better more talented team.

Classic NFLDC. Vatech!
                    Originally posted by DLS42
                    Elway we'll settle this once and for all. Cal SC sig bet. Cal wins you wear a cal sig for 3 weeks. Sc wins. ill wear a I heart pete caroll sig.

Comment

wvu has no defense? we gave up 270 yds to the #7/9 team; gave up 14 points to them and maryland

after the 1st drive by usf, we gave up 20 yds; had 4 turnovers; they kept us in the game til the end

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

I'm kind of puzzled at the fact Cincy didn't move up in the polls even a couple of spots after a blowout win over SDSU. Might have been a cakewalk but they won convincingly

Comment

its sdsu for godsake. they are expected to win that game and in blowout fashion.

Classic NFLDC. Vatech!
                          Originally posted by DLS42
                          Elway we'll settle this once and for all. Cal SC sig bet. Cal wins you wear a cal sig for 3 weeks. Sc wins. ill wear a I heart pete caroll sig.

Comment

I dunno if I would put Kentucky so high until they play someone with a defense. 9 or 10 sounds good.

Top ranked team in Florida according to the AP. Nice.

Comment

DLS that sig bet is getting interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information