X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these numbers real?

Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech
    5 Games 60 rec 920 yds 14 TDs

he's on pace for 144 2208 and 34. only 6 teams in 1A have more passing touchdowns than he has receiving touchdowns.

anyone know anything about this guy?
    I'm a state.

So hes seems like a pretty dang good catcher. What year is he, must be underclass men cause scotty hasnt talked about him at all.

Comment

he's good but look at the other receiver on texas tech's numbers.

he doesn't have nearly as much touchdowns but he's on pace for 2000 yards receiving as well.
      Last edited by soybean; 10-01-2007, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Oh wow hes a RS Freshman, those numbers are even more insane considering hes a RS FR. Wow good for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
          Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech
          5 Games 60 rec 920 yds 14 TDs

he's on pace for 144 2208 and 34. only 6 teams in 1A have more passing touchdowns than he has receiving touchdowns.

anyone know anything about this guy?
          This is Superkevins favorite player. He has been talking about him since before the first game of the season.
          Originally posted by nvot9
          I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
          Indianapolis Colts 13-3
          Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
          Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
          Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

I saw Texas Tech and immediately dismissed any notion of him as a top prospect.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
              I saw Texas Tech and immediately dismissed any notion of him as a top prospect.
              Hes a freshman. Just because he goes to Tech doesnt mean he wont ever amount to anything at the next level. Yes he is in a sytem that passes 50 times a game. But this kid has loads of talent.
              Originally posted by nvot9
              I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
              Indianapolis Colts 13-3
              Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
              Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
              Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

He may be a Tech WR but he is much more talented than any of their WRs I've ever seen. He is reported around 6-3 220 with 4.4 speed and great hands/production as a RS freshman.

Comment

http://texastech.scout.com/a.z?s=188...=1&nid=1547700

wow, wasnt really even much of a propect

on a cool sidenote he appears to have attended to the school that beat Permian in Friday Night Lights
                  The Bear will not quit, the Bear will not die

Comment

He was a 4* on Rivals, so he wasn't just some scrub prospect.

Comment

Crabtree is definately going to grade out better as a prospect than any of the old Texas Tech receivers, but he didn't do himself any favors by going to play in that system, thus having all kinds of questions raised about his ability and getting beat to death with the 'system receiver' labels come time for his draft...He's got good size and speed, his hands are solid. Alot of time to develop though, he's only a RS FR and won't be leaving early if he has half a brain. I played basketball against him in HS, and I know very much about his ability as an athlete...

I believe he had offers from Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Iowa...So it's not like he's some guy that was a marginal prospect excelling strictly because of the Leach offense. Kid has talent, but playing in that system isn't gonna help when he's getting picked apart by scouts.
                      Last edited by D-Fence; 10-05-2007, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Well, if he puts up those numbers for three year, it's going be hard to dismiss him. Of course, that's a huge if (look at Jarrett Dillard this year), but the more the ball gets the thrown his way the more date we'll have to establish just how good he is.

Comment

I'm a huge fan of Michael Crabtree. I know it's early but I think he can be the player David Boston was before injuries ruined his career

Comment

hes already put up better stats then some of the 1st round WRs last year

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                              hes already put up better stats then some of the 1st round WRs last year
                              Well he does play ing the Air Raid offense. When looking at crabtree as a prospect you can't look at the numbers, but rather the intangibles. he's 6'3" 220 lbs and can run a sub 4.5 40 yard dash. Also factor in solid route running and body control and you have an amazing prospect

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information