Myron Rolle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myron Rolle

Can anyone tell me how he's doing this year? I haven't been able to watch any of his games, and I'm very interesting in how he's doing considering how highly touted he was coming out of high school.

he's playing well, he's a sure tackler and is really the leader of a vet secondary as only a sophmore. He doesn't make alot of big plays in the passing game, but he does play the rover position (comparable to the SS) so he spends more time stopping the run. Doesn't make any mistakes.

Comment

Has he gotten anytime on offense, because I remember that he was listed as an Athlete when he was being recruited out of high school.

Comment

pretty sure he was the top prospect period coming out of HS, heard his name all over the place, but i thought they were going to be playing him more at the LOS then floating deep in the secondary but im not sure

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I saw something on gameday or something that talked about him being an excellent student as well.

Dallas Cowboys/Denver Broncos/Tennessee Volunteer Fan

Comment

Originally posted by volman88 View Post
            I saw something on gameday or something that talked about him being an excellent student as well.
            4.0 student who spurned better academic schools......to be a doctor. Not sure how that makes any sense

Comment

I think he had a 2100 out of 2400 on his SATs and all that. Was expected to go to a better academic school (Notre Dame, Michigan), ended up choosing FSU of all places.

Comment

There is a great article on this kid today in the Philadelphia Daily News. Funny that his teamates call him the President or the Governor.
                Originally posted by nvot9
                I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Originally posted by sodar21 View Post
                  I think he had a 2100 out of 2400 on his SATs and all that. Was expected to go to a better academic school (Notre Dame, Michigan), ended up choosing FSU of all places.
                  Pretty much your ideal recruit. Blessed with great size, speed, instincts, work ethic, extremely intelligent, and made it clear he wanted a school with great academics. Man I was pissed when Michigan didn't get him.

Comment

I will always think a little less of Rolle for his comments after committing to Florida St.

As someone mentioned he's super smart, wants to be a doctor and all that. Well after he commited to FSU he said he did it for the academics. Now I don't blame him one bit for choosing the Noles because they give him a great shot at getting to the NFL but don't blow smoke up our butts and say the main reason you chose them is for the academics. FSU is a fine school but this kid could get in anywhere and if he really based the decision on academics then he'd have gone to Stanford or Northwestern or somewhere like that.

With that said he's probably a future 1st rounder.
                    Scott Wright, President
                    Draft Countdown.com
                    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                      I will always think a little less of Rolle for his comments after committing to Florida St.

As someone mentioned he's super smart, wants to be a doctor and all that. Well after he commited to FSU he said he did it for the academics. Now I don't blame him one bit for choosing the Noles because they give him a great shot at getting to the NFL but don't blow smoke up our butts and say the main reason you chose them is for the academics. FSU is a fine school but this kid could get in anywhere and if he really based the decision on academics then he'd have gone to Stanford or Northwestern or somewhere like that.

With that said he's probably a future 1st rounder.
                      That's why FSU seemed so out of the blue. ESPN had a piece on him in their magazine during his senior year and I remember just being blown away by how level-headed this kid was, and then FSU???? Are you kidding me? Scott, do you think he projects as a S or LB at the next level? At 6'2, 215, I think he could play either. Thoughts?

Oh wow just saw this snippet on FSU's player page for him...

"one of the most academically advanced players in college football history, Rolle has already earned nearly enough credits to be a senior entering his second season"

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                        That's why FSU seemed so out of the blue. ESPN had a piece on him in their magazine during his senior year and I remember just being blown away by how level-headed this kid was, and then FSU???? Are you kidding me? Scott, do you think he projects as a S or LB at the next level? At 6'2, 215, I think he could play either. Thoughts?

Oh wow just saw this snippet on FSU's player page for him...

"one of the most academically advanced players in college football history, Rolle has already earned nearly enough credits to be a senior entering his second season"
                        It said today in the Daily News that he is on track to graduate in August that is 2 years early.... WOW thats sick.
                        I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                        Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                        Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
                          It said today in the Daily News that he is on track to graduate in August that is 2 years early.... WOW thats sick.
                          It is FSU though ;) First ever first round draft pick/neurosurgeon in all likelihood.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
                            I'm pretty sure if you can read, write, and do basic algebra, you can graduate early from FSU.

Comment

Damn there is some serious FSU hating going on in here

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                              Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                              Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information