Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reggie Bush $$$ investigation from USC days

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_...yhoo&type=lgns

This has been going on for a while but this is being called a breakthrough in the investigation of Bush. There were reportedly financial records found that link Bush and his family to $280,000 while Reggie was at USC.

The tapes could pave the way for significant penalties for USC and ultimately could lead to Bush losing the Heisman Trophy he won in 2005 when he led USC to the national championship game against Texas.
    Yeah, I would say this is pretty big.
    Last edited by Don Vito; 10-10-2007, 03:10 PM.

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_...yhoo&type=lgns

This has been going on for a while but this is being called a breakthrough in the investigation of Bush. There were reportedly financial records found that link Bush and his family to $280,000 while Reggie was at USC.

Yeah, I would say this is pretty big.
    i still think the Heisman should be given after the National Title, as we all saw VY being more valuble than RB. Everyone cheats, thankfully hes getting caught

Comment

The heisman is an award given for the best player that SEASON not just whatever player had 1 extremely good game. im glad the heisman isnt given after the championship game.

Comment

Originally posted by TouchdownUSC View Post
        The heisman is an award given for the best player that SEASON not just whatever player had 1 extremely good game. im glad the heisman isnt given after the championship game.
        Are bowl games not considered part of the season? Cause if I recall, the game figures into a team's final records. Plus, statistics recorded in bowl games count towards a player's total for that season.

Comment

Originally posted by TouchdownUSC View Post
          Eather way Vince was far and away more dominate then Reggie that year.

Comment

Well he has a 60million dollar contract and will still be reguarded as one of the best college runningbacks ever despite whether he loses it or not

Originally posted by BeansDooma
            who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Originally posted by T.Smith View Post
              Eather way Vince was far and away more dominate then Reggie that year.
              Are you ******* kidding me? Far and away more dominant? Did you not watch any games that year?

Reggie's rushing stats: 200 carries, 1,740 yards 8.7 ypc, 16 TD
              Reggie's receiving stats: 37 catches, 478 yards, 12.9 ypc, 2 TD
              Reggie's punt return stats: 18 returns, 179 yards, 9.9 ypc, 1 TD
              Reggie's kick return stats: 28 returns, 493 yards, 17.6 yards per

That's 2,611 total yards and 18 TD for a guy who split time with a great power back who broke the USC and PAC-10 record for TDs. Give me a break. Think before you speak next time.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                Are you ******* kidding me? Far and away more dominant? Did you not watch any games that year?

That's 2,611 total yards and 18 TD for a guy who split time with a great power back who broke the USC and PAC-10 record for TDs. Give me a break. Think before you speak next time.
                yea, but im sure thats been done before, wasnt Vince like the first QB to throw for 3000 and rush for a 1000 in a season? besides if u watched the NT game u would understand that LenDale would still be a good back without RB, what would Texas be without VY? i mean i consider the Heisman as the Best player on the Best Team, which was VY on Texas

Edit-
                Emmett White of Utah St. had 2628 all purpose yards in 2000
                Bernard Berrian had 2591 All Purpose yards in 2001
                Larry Johnson had 2655 All Purpose yards in 2002
                Darren Sproles had 2735 All Purpose yards in 2003
                Last edited by Green Bay Scat; 10-10-2007, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
                  yea, but im sure thats been done before, wasnt Vince like the first QB to throw for 3000 and rush for a 1000 in a season? besides if u watched the NT game u would understand that LenDale would still be a good back without RB, what would Texas be without VY? i mean i consider the Heisman as the Best player on the Best Team, which was VY on Texas
                  Vince played a bunch of scrub teams too though. Texas would have still been a good team without VY. They were a great team with VY. The Heisman isn't supposed to be the best player on the best team, it's supposed to be the best player, period. Anyone who watched that season, not just the NC game, and thought VY had a better season than Bush is insane.

Comment

Nothing is going to happen to USC or Reggie Bush that will mean anything.

Comment

My entire arguement summed up in one picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewing View Post

Yes, Young had a spectacular game but the Bowl game isn't relevant for Heisman voting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewing View Post

And if the Heisman were given after the NC, you might even have an argument. According to your logic, this guy should have won the Heisman last year.

Comment

im not saying RB is bad, he was great in college and is considered the 24th(?) best college athlete of all time. im just saying that VY do more with his team and also became the FIRST to do something, while Bush has done things that were done before, its a lose lose conversation really, and im surprise a michigan fan is sticking up for a USC player lol

Comment

And if the Heisman were given after the NC, you might even have an argument. According to your logic, this guy should have won the Heisman last year.

isnt it weird how he was in a 2 QB offense and didnt get it, yet RB was in a 2 RB offense and he got it? what did chris leak not do enough for his team, i bet if they didnt lose to Auburn, he couldve been heisman[sarcasim]

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information