Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jack Ikegwuonu

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jack Ikegwuonu

    What's the deal with this guy? I read somewhere the other day that he's going to court with his brother on charges of burglary? What a dope!

    I keep hearing from Wisconsin fans that the reason his stats are down is because teams don't throw at him, but they're giving up 125 passing yards a game....that's not all on the #2 and 3 CBs. There seem to be problems with EVERY member of that defense, including Jack Ike.

    I have my doubts that his speed is anything special either. I've read anything from 4.46 to 4.59....anyone have a definitive number? Combine character problems with a weak season and a lack of top end speed, and he doesn't look like anything more than a fringe 2nd round player. Am I correct or off base? Reminds me of Tanard Jackson who was drafted in the 4th by the Bucs.

  • #2
    what? (10)
    I'm a state.

    Comment


    • #3
      since when was 125 passing yards alot??
      Jamaal Charles is the best RB in the NFL

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Ho0k Em' View Post
        since when was 125 passing yards alot??
        Giving up 125 a game means they're ranked 63rd in the nation in pass defense, out of 119. That's not terrible but it's bad for Wisconsin. My point was that Badger fans claim teams just aren't throwing at Ikegwuonu but it looks like everyone on their defense isn't playing well (compared to past UW defenses).

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Grave Digger View Post
          Giving up 125 a game means they're ranked 63rd in the nation in pass defense, out of 119. That's not terrible but it's bad for Wisconsin. My point was that Badger fans claim teams just aren't throwing at Ikegwuonu but it looks like everyone on their defense isn't playing well (compared to past UW defenses).
          125 passing yards a game is great. I'm not sure where you're getting your stats, but they are definitely wrong. It also shows that you clearly have no idea what you're talking about if you think giving up 125 yards is bad.

          Comment


          • #6
            i see that they are giving up 200 a game passing, ranked 40th


            The way it is

            GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm getting my numbers right from the NCAA website. It was updated on 10/20/07 so these numbers are up-to-date. If the NCAA website is wrong then someone needs to tell them. My guess is that they're more right than ESPN.com.

              http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2007/Inte...000000796.HTML

              Considering the 119th ranked team gives up 166 a game, 125 ain't as good as you think. It's middle of the road at best. Maybe compared to the NFL it's awesome, but it's not the NFL I know what I'm talking about moron. I said it WASN'T terrible but compared to past Wisconsin defenses it's not good. The fact is, Wisconsin has faced 2 good passing offenses this year and has been shredded both times.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Grave Digger View Post
                I'm getting my numbers right from the NCAA website. It was updated on 10/20/07 so these numbers are up-to-date. If the NCAA website is wrong then someone needs to tell them. My guess is that they're more right than ESPN.com.

                http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2007/Inte...000000796.HTML

                Considering the 119th ranked team gives up 166 a game, 125 ain't as good as you think. It's middle of the road at best. Maybe compared to the NFL it's awesome, but it's not the NFL I know what I'm talking about moron. I said it WASN'T terrible but compared to past Wisconsin defenses it's not good. The fact is, Wisconsin has faced 2 good passing offenses this year and has been shredded both times.
                wow. i don't know what else to say besides neg rep.
                I'm a state.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Grave Digger View Post
                  http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2007/Inte...000000796.HTML

                  Considering the 119th ranked team gives up 166 a game, 125 ain't as good as you think. It's middle of the road at best. Maybe compared to the NFL it's awesome, but it's not the NFL I know what I'm talking about moron. I said it WASN'T terrible but compared to past Wisconsin defenses it's not good. The fact is, Wisconsin has faced 2 good passing offenses this year and has been shredded both times.
                  125 "ain't" as bad as you think. In fact it's pretty damn good. 125 is pretty much unheard of. By you not realizing that you've shown me that you know nothing and your opinion should not be taken seriously. Don't call me a moron as you are the one lacking in smarts, and no you don't know what you're talking about. Infact the stat you were looking at isn't even passing yards per game it's Pass Efficiancy Defense you "moron". I'm not even arguing that the Wisconsin pass defense is great because it has been a big dissapointment. However you started a thread with no apparent meaning except to perhaps bash Ikegwuonu. If you don't know enough about football to know what's an ok number of passing yards against I certainly don't care about your opinion on a prospect.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    honestly I would say teams have really avoided him.. Langford is the one constantly giving up big plays

                    sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                      125 "ain't" as bad as you think. In fact it's pretty damn good. 125 is pretty much unheard of. By you not realizing that you've shown me that you know nothing and your opinion should not be taken seriously. Don't call me a moron as you are the one lacking in smarts, and no you don't know what you're talking about. Infact the stat you were looking at isn't even passing yards per game it's Pass Efficiancy Defense you "moron". I'm not even arguing that the Wisconsin pass defense is great because it has been a big dissapointment. However you started a thread with no apparent meaning except to perhaps bash Ikegwuonu. If you don't know enough about football to know what's an ok number of passing yards against I certainly don't care about your opinion on a prospect.
                      Pass efficiency defense takes not only their yardage, but pass completion percentages, both INT total and percentage of INTs thrown, TD total and rate, yards per attempt and yards per completion into account to then give an overall rating. Thanks bud, I knew I what I was talking about.

                      I couldn't give a crap what you think of my opinions. If you think I do, go ahead and believe that. The main page is good but these forums are terrible. No one here actually wants to talk about prospects but rather bash other posters to make themselves feel like men. I wasn't bashing Ikegwuonu, I wanted to talk about him. Instead, you all decided to be jerks and attack based on a misreading of a stat. Let it go and talk about the real topic...I guess that's not possible. Close the thread or do whatever I don't care. At the beginning and end of the day, I'll have a life and you'll still be posting 10 times a day on an internet forum. Sorry man, it must stink to be you.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Grave Digger View Post
                        Pass efficiency defense takes not only their yardage, but pass completion percentages, both INT total and percentage of INTs thrown, TD total and rate, yards per attempt and yards per completion into account to then give an overall rating. Thanks bud, I knew I what I was talking about.

                        I couldn't give a crap what you think of my opinions. If you think I do, go ahead and believe that. The main page is good but these forums are terrible. No one here actually wants to talk about prospects but rather bash other posters to make themselves feel like men. I wasn't bashing Ikegwuonu, I wanted to talk about him. Instead, you all decided to be jerks and attack based on a misreading of a stat. Let it go and talk about the real topic...I guess that's not possible. Close the thread or do whatever I don't care. At the beginning and end of the day, I'll have a life and you'll still be posting 10 times a day on an internet forum. Sorry man, it must stink to be you.
                        Sorry bud, but you didn't.
                        Originally posted by Grave Digger View Post
                        but they're giving up 125 passing yards a game.
                        Originally posted by Ho0k Em' View Post
                        since when was 125 passing yards alot??
                        Originally posted by Grave Digger View Post
                        Giving up 125 a game means they're ranked 63rd in the nation in pass defense, out of 119.
                        Sounds alot like you meant what you said. Nice try to cover your ass by copying the definition of pass efficiency defense straight from a website so you could say "Thanks bud, I knew I what I was talking about." eventhough you don't. First off no one was really sure of the topic to begin with so it's kind of hard to get back on track. You never asked a question or even made a statement, you just pointed out all the negatives. Second I like how it said it must stink to be me since I'm posting on an internet forum when you are infact posting on the very same one.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          238 times in a year and half versus 7000+ in almost 2 years. Either way, doesn't matter. Believe whatever you want to believe, you're entitled to your opinion. I misread the stat and I believed what I was saying. I now know I was wrong and I apologize for calling you a moron.

                          I thought I made the topic clear enough but obviously not. I thought the question, "Am I correct [my thoughts on him being a 2nd round player] or am I off base?" was the topic but I guess I should have made that more clear. Don't worry, I won't be back because I never really get any answers here, just criticism and argument. Thanks for your help.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by wiscbadgerfootball View Post
                            honestly I would say teams have really avoided him.. Langford is the one constantly giving up big plays
                            That is what I have found as well. And regarding his speed, I think he is around a 4.35. I think Casillas runs a 4.38 and is said to be the 2nd fastest player on the team only to Ike.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              whats the point of spitting out college 40 times anywaY? 90% of them are bogus anyway.... wait til the combine when he comes out as a senior in 09'

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information