Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Gameday Thread Week 10

Discuss week 10 games.

OSU gets another test against Wisconsin this week. I don't think it will be much of a game though.

LSU/Bama is a huge SEC match up. Saban against his old team. Ryan Perrilloux won't be playing.

ASU vs Oregon is definitely the biggest game. Winner has a good chance at the NC.

Pretty good weekend of games.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/schedules

That is correct comahan
    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
    <3 dg

Games that I am looking forward to:

Rutgers vs Connecticut. I think Rutgers upsets UConn this week.

Oregon State vs USC. Oregon State is on a 3 game winning streak and USC has not looked like the USC of old.

Navy vs Notre Dame. Well if Notre Dame loses I will be jumping off my roof.

Wisconsin vs Ohio State. I expect a really close game unlike the PSU vs OSU game

ASU vs Oregon. I think ASU finds a way to win this game.

Temple vs Ohio. My Owls are on a 3 game winning streak. Tough game for them this week I dont know if they can beat Ohio on the road.
    Originally posted by nvot9
    I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
    Indianapolis Colts 13-3
    Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
    Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
    Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
      ASU vs Oregon. I think ASU finds a way to win this game.
      You are officially my best friend. =D

Originally posted by Halsey
      I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Temple vs Ohio. My Owls are on a 3 game winning streak. Tough game for them this week I dont know if they can beat Ohio on the road.
        Buffalo at Miami could decide the division winner. Should be good, although we're not near as good on the road. Thanks for beating Miami so we still have a chance even if we lose

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
          You are officially my best friend. =D
          Well I think ASU is more dangerous then USC offensively. But they will have some problems keeping Oregon out of the endzone. I see a 41-31 ASU win.
          I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
          Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
          Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
            Buffalo at Miami could decide the division winner. Should be good, although we're not near as good on the road. Thanks for beating Miami so we still have a chance even if we lose
            Yea Miami is definitely overrated. Temples defense shut them down.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
            Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
            Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

god, RU better win. A win locks up a bowl, and probably a pretty good one too. just damn though, 3 losses. i think the big east is WVA's to lose. Uconn wont score on RU, i thikn RU wins this 24-7
              We ALL bleed scarlet
              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

I hate the Big 10 network.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                  god, RU better win. A win locks up a bowl, and probably a pretty good one too. just damn though, 3 losses. i think the big east is WVA's to lose. Uconn wont score on RU, i thikn RU wins this 24-7
                  Uconn averages 30PPG, RU gives up 20 PPG, and all of a sudden Uconn wont be able to score?

Enlighten me.

RU has held 3 teams to under 23... Syracuse(amazing O got 14), Norfolk State(0), and Buffalo(3).
                  Last edited by Chaucer; 10-30-2007, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Well I think ASU is more dangerous then USC offensively. But they will have some problems keeping Oregon out of the endzone. I see a 41-31 ASU win.
                    But SC doesn't have anything to do with this game. Who has the more dangerous offense in this game? Whose QB has a swollen throwing thumb right now? Who's playing at home? How much of a factor does that home field play? Which team has looked better this season? Which team looked better last week? Which of these two teams went to the other's house last year and stomped their way to a 35 point victory? Sure, ASU is much improved under Erickson, but so are we. And both teams will be fielding a lot of the same kids that played in that game last year. I mean, come on RL. What exactly does ASU have going for themselves that the Ducks don't? Where do they have an advantage in this game? Revenge? Don't you think the Ducks are just as anxious to avenge the loss to Cal?

Everybody makes their own picks, but I just can't imagine ASU beating us at all, let alone by 10. I think they'll need to win the turnover battle by a good margin and catch a few breaks. Or just play the game of their lives. If they show up looking like they did against Cal last week, they will lose by a similar margin to what we saw last year in Tempe. I guarantee my Ducks will show up with fire in their bellies. We're a lock to cover the 7, imo. I haven't felt this strong about any of our games this season. Is there something you're seeing that I'm not? Just a gut feeling?

Comment

Originally posted by Chaucer View Post
                      Uconn averages 30PPG, RU gives up 20 PPG, and all of a sudden Uconn wont be able to score?

Enlighten me.

RU has held 3 teams to under 23... Syracuse(amazing O got 14), Norfolk State, and Buffalo.
                      To be fair to him, UConn aint no Norfolk State ;)

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason View Post
                        But SC doesn't have anything to do with this game. Who has the more dangerous offense in this game? Whose QB has a swollen throwing thumb right now? Who's playing at home? How much of a factor does that home field play? Which team has looked better this season? Which team looked better last week? Which of these two teams went to the other's house last year and stomped their way to a 35 point victory? Sure, ASU is much improved under Erickson, but so are we. And both teams will be fielding a lot of the same kids that played in that game last year. I mean, come on RL. What exactly does ASU have going for themselves that the Ducks don't? Where do they have an advantage in this game? Revenge? Don't you think the Ducks are just as anxious to avenge the loss to Cal?

Everybody makes their own picks, but I just can't imagine ASU beating us at all, let alone by 10. I think they'll need to win the turnover battle by a good margin and catch a few breaks. Or just play the game of their lives. If they show up looking like they did against Cal last week, they will lose by a similar margin to what we saw last year in Tempe. I guarantee my Ducks will show up with fire in their bellies. We're a lock to cover the 7, imo. I haven't felt this strong about any of our games this season. Is there something you're seeing that I'm not? Just a gut feeling?
                        I know that Oregon is home, and who has a bad thumb. You tell me how big homefield means.... Oregon is the team that lost to Cal at home right?... Which team looked better this season?... They are both averaging beating their opposition by 21. So I would say they both look around the same. Who looked better last week. Again I would have to say pretty much the same Oregon won by 7 ASU won by 11. Last years ASU team is a totally different team. I dont think you can compare the two. The Ducks avenged the Cal loss against 3 teams already. Duck you should know by now that nothing in this business is a lock. If you havent learned that then im not so sure you should be gambling. NOTHING and I mean NOTHING is ever a lock. Im seeing a line that is 4 points to many. I understand the 3 for homefield purposes. But if Oregon thinks they are going to walk all over a Dennis Erickson team. They are highly mistaking. Yes I predicted a 10 point win for ASU and im standing by it.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                        Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                        Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

here is to hoping VT doesnt drop the ball UVA so nicely put back in our court.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....

Comment

Everyone seems to think ASU is still all offense, they have the #1 Defense in the Pac-10 & the #7 scoring defense in the nation. Only .2 more points allowed per game then LSU & the #11 ranked defense against the run which is what I assume Oregon is going to try to do because ASU also is #15 in the Nation in INT's and tied for 3rd with the most INT's returned for TD's

This is a completely different style of team than I have ever seen at ASU, and I personally believe that Rudy Carpenter's thumb is perfectly fine, he helped score 3 TD's I believe after he injured it and the conversation between him and Erickson sounded a little staged to me

"You're not supposed to wear that," Erickson said with a smile. "Now, I mean, how are we going to fake people out?"

Of course I live in Arizona so I will be pulling for ASU so thats just my partially biased opinion
                            Last edited by fenikz; 10-30-2007, 06:05 PM.

Comment

as a wvu fan, im rootin for asu; reason being, i can see them losing a game before oregon; i could see asu losing to usc before oregon loses one of their remaining games

is it a 3:30 game on abc?

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information