Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

oregon vs lsu?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • oregon vs lsu?

    could it happen? can we put the pac 10 against the SEC and let it be a battle of the powerhouse conferences? this is the game i want to watch in the championship game. the big 10 had its shot last year against the SEC and fell flat on its face. i really hope OSU loses.

  • #2
    Originally posted by foozball View Post
    could it happen? can we put the pac 10 against the SEC and let it be a battle of the powerhouse conferences? this is the game i want to watch in the championship game. the big 10 had its shot last year against the SEC and fell flat on its face. i really hope OSU loses.
    not gonna happen. We all hope/expect/want OSU to lose but that just means they're most likely going to win out... sigh.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by foozball View Post
      could it happen? can we put the pac 10 against the SEC and let it be a battle of the powerhouse conferences? this is the game i want to watch in the championship game. the big 10 had its shot last year against the SEC and fell flat on its face. i really hope OSU loses.
      Completely agree with you on that one. This really would be a great match-up with LSU's terrific front-7 against Oregon's sick rushing attack. I wish PAC-10 commissioner Tom Hansen will finally agree on a +1 game after this season.


      Originally posted by Halsey
      I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

      Comment


      • #4
        Would definitely be a hell of a game. I think it'd come down to whether or not LSU's offense played like they've done at times this year (Virginia Tech and Alabama, for example), because I don't think they could hold Oregon under 30.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by foozball View Post
          could it happen? can we put the pac 10 against the SEC and let it be a battle of the powerhouse conferences? this is the game i want to watch in the championship game. the big 10 had its shot last year against the SEC and fell flat on its face. i really hope OSU loses.
          Your logic doesn't make sense. The Big 10 had its shot? So what, teams from the Big 10 never get another chance ever? ******* stupid logic.

          But OSU won't make it to the NC after their loss on 11/17

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
            Your logic doesn't make sense. The Big 10 had its shot? So what, teams from the Big 10 never get another chance ever? ******* stupid logic.

            But OSU won't make it to the NC after their loss on 11/17
            my logic is that theyre not a better team than last year, who played an SEC team and got crushed. if theyre #1, why isnt kansas #2? where's the logic in that? both have identical records. i want to see the 2 best teams play each other, and i think oregon and lsu are the top 2 teams.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by foozball View Post
              my logic is that theyre not a better team than last year, who played an SEC team and got crushed. if theyre #1, why isnt kansas #2? where's the logic in that? both have identical records. i want to see the 2 best teams play each other, and i think oregon and lsu are the top 2 teams.
              How do you know they're not a better team than last year? Their defense is #1 in the country and their offense merely plays a different style to last year's. Todd Boeckman has very similar numbers to what Troy Smith put up last year during his Heisman campaign and Chris Wells is tearing defenses a new asshole. And this is coming from a UM fan.

              Why is LSU looked upon so favorably? They haven't looked very good of late. Flynn isn't a great QB, their running game is meh, and their wideouts are very inconsistent. Their defense is the only thing keeping them afloat.

              Comment


              • #8
                This is all gonna be hilarious after Ohio State goes into the Superdome next January and wins the title again while all the critics go "boo-hoo, they still haven't played anybody" after we're champs. LSU doesn't scare me, in fact I'm more scared of Oregon (who look a LOT like the 2006 Buckeyes btw...dynamic dual threat QB heisman leader, great runnning game and receivers, suspect defense and vulnerable OTs)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                  This is all gonna be hilarious after Ohio State goes into the Superdome next January and wins the title again while all the critics go "boo-hoo, they still haven't played anybody" after we're champs. LSU doesn't scare me, in fact I'm more scared of Oregon (who look a LOT like the 2006 Buckeyes btw...dynamic dual threat QB heisman leader, great runnning game and receivers, suspect defense and vulnerable OTs)
                  You're not going to the Superdome since Oregon and LSU are...It's kind of hard to make the NC when you lose to Michigan in your last game ;)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                    This is all gonna be hilarious after Ohio State goes into the Superdome next January and wins the title again while all the critics go "boo-hoo, they still haven't played anybody" after we're champs. LSU doesn't scare me, in fact I'm more scared of Oregon (who look a LOT like the 2006 Buckeyes btw...dynamic dual threat QB heisman leader, great runnning game and receivers, suspect defense and vulnerable OTs)
                    The original poster asked if it could happen. He didn't suggest it would happen. Way to overreact.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If OSu loses considering their SOS we might see this game in the National Championship.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Here's how I see the situation turning out:

                        OSU WILL go undefeated. What's Tressel's record against Carr? Enough said. Tressel is GREAT at preparing teams week by week for the big games. They wilL NOT lose to Michigan with the NC on the line.

                        So who will OSU face? This is where I think it gets interesting. If LSU wins out and wins the SEC championship, then they fully deserve to go given Florida's dominance last year. HOWEVER, LSU is incredibly overrated. Especially on offense. I see Florida knocking them off.

                        In addition, I do NOT see Oregan playing the NC game for this reason: I see OU WOMPING an undefeated Kansas which will catapult them over Oregan.

                        Projected win total: 55+

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Namy View Post
                          Here's how I see the situation turning out:

                          OSU WILL go undefeated. What's Tressel's record against Carr? Enough said.
                          Yes, because all games are played on paper like that.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                            The original poster asked if it could happen. He didn't suggest it would happen. Way to overreact.
                            I wasn't replying to the original poster was I, I was replying to about a half dozen posts about OSU losing.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                              Yes, because all games are played on paper like that.
                              What I said is a better basis for my argument than any counter argument for why Michigan will beat tOSU =/

                              Projected win total: 55+

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information