Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

oregon vs lsu?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Namy View Post
    What I said is a better basis for my argument than any counter argument for why Michigan will beat tOSU =/
    You mean besides the fact that Michigan is on an eight game winning streak, this is Hart, Henne, Long, Crable and possibly Manningham's last OSU game, it'd be perfect karma for us to lose to Appalachian State and beat OSU, Hart will go for 150+ and 3 TD and once again James Laurinaitis will be a non factor in The Game? If you say so...

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
      You mean besides the fact that Michigan is on an eight game winning streak, this is Hart, Henne, Long, Crable and possibly Manningham's last OSU game, it'd be perfect karma for us to lose to Appalachian State and beat OSU, Hart will go for 150+ and 3 TD and once again James Laurinaitis will be a non factor in The Game? If you say so...
      dude, you got me pumped. I hope we don't see a let down.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Namy View Post
        Here's how I see the situation turning out:



        So who will OSU face? This is where I think it gets interesting. If LSU wins out and wins the SEC championship, then they fully deserve to go given Florida's dominance last year. HOWEVER, LSU is incredibly overrated. Especially on offense. I see Florida knocking them off.
        Nice to see you know anything about what you are talking about. LSU has already beaten Florida and Florida lost to Georgia last week so they aren't winning the SEC East. LSU won't play Florida again this season.

        LSU may be overrated by some, but they are 5-1 against Top 25 teams this season. They have the most wins against top 25 teams in the country. Conversely, tOSU's schedule strength is in the bottom half of DIV I-A football programs.
        Last edited by LSUALUM99; 11-09-2007, 08:42 PM.

        Designs by Thule



        Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
        I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
          LSU may be overrated by some, but they are 5-1 against Top 25 teams this season. They have the most wins against top 25 teams in the country. Conversely, tOSU's schedule strength is in the bottom half of DIV I-A football programs.
          Part of 6 teams being in the top 25 (that LSU played) also comes from the massive media overrating of the SEC, so don't put too much stock into that.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Namy View Post
            In addition, I do NOT see Oregan playing the NC game for this reason: I see OU WOMPING an undefeated Kansas which will catapult them over Oregan.
            Which would be ridiculous as hell, considering the fact that we just beat an equally if not more impressive undefeated team in ASU. Also, our loss isn't nearly as bad as that of Oklahoma's, imo. It was about as close as you get to a win without actually winning, and it was against one of the best teams in the country at the time. No question in my mind that our schedule is tougher than Oklahoma's. But, I agree that the scenario you describe would definitely become a reality if Kansas manages to beat both Oklahoma St and Missouri. I just think that one of those teams will knock them off before Oklahoma gets their chance at it.

            Who knows though, we may end up seeing Oregon play Oklahoma if they both win out and both tOSU and LSU stumble. I actually think there's a pretty good chance of that happening if the Illini can hang on and pull out this victory.

            Comment


            • #21
              I think Oregon-LSU would pit the best defense in the country against the best QB-RB combo in college football. It would be a very interesting game to watch. If Oregon can compete with LSU at the line of scrimmage I think they would have a good chance at the upset.

              Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
              Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Komp View Post
                I think Oregon-LSU would pit the best defense in the country against the best QB-RB combo in college football. It would be a very interesting game to watch. If Oregon can compete with LSU at the line of scrimmage I think they would have a good chance at the upset.
                i don't think they can lay claim to that title any more.

                Comment


                • #23
                  well, with OSU gone, let's hope this game can happen. if not, i wouldnt mind seeing an OU vs OSU game because of the botched calls from last year's game between the two. however, i really wanna see a battle between the two powerhouse conferences in the SEC and PAC 10

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                    How do you know they're not a better team than last year? Their defense is #1 in the country and their offense merely plays a different style to last year's. Todd Boeckman has very similar numbers to what Troy Smith put up last year during his Heisman campaign and Chris Wells is tearing defenses a new asshole. And this is coming from a UM fan.

                    Why is LSU looked upon so favorably? They haven't looked very good of late. Flynn isn't a great QB, their running game is meh, and their wideouts are very inconsistent. Their defense is the only thing keeping them afloat.
                    LOL at this entire post

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                      Part of 6 teams being in the top 25 (that LSU played) also comes from the massive media overrating of the SEC, so don't put too much stock into that.

                      The SEC isn't overrated by the Media. Going into this weekend, the SEC was 32-5 against non-SEC opponents. The best by far of any conference.

                      As much as you'd like to believe the SEC is overrated, the facts are that the SEC dominates it's non-conference opponents in both the regular season and in the bowl games.

                      Designs by Thule



                      Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                      I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by duckseason View Post
                        Which would be ridiculous as hell, considering the fact that we just beat an equally if not more impressive undefeated team in ASU. Also, our loss isn't nearly as bad as that of Oklahoma's, imo. It was about as close as you get to a win without actually winning, and it was against one of the best teams in the country at the time. No question in my mind that our schedule is tougher than Oklahoma's. But, I agree that the scenario you describe would definitely become a reality if Kansas manages to beat both Oklahoma St and Missouri. I just think that one of those teams will knock them off before Oklahoma gets their chance at it.

                        Who knows though, we may end up seeing Oregon play Oklahoma if they both win out and both tOSU and LSU stumble. I actually think there's a pretty good chance of that happening if the Illini can hang on and pull out this victory.
                        With OSU inexplicably losing, I think your scenario is probably what will happen. I still see LSU losing to Georgia (my bad LSUALUM99, for some mistakened reason I thought UF had a better record lol) and I see OU giving Kansas it's first loss in the Big 12 Championship.

                        Projected win total: 55+

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
                          The SEC isn't overrated by the Media. Going into this weekend, the SEC was 32-5 against non-SEC opponents. The best by far of any conference.

                          As much as you'd like to believe the SEC is overrated, the facts are that the SEC dominates it's non-conference opponents in both the regular season and in the bowl games.
                          Yeah, but the vast majority of the SEC's non-con schedule is a bunch of patsies. Most good teams they've played have beaten them. FSU beat Bama and California beat Tennessee off the top of my head. The Big 10 was 2-1 against the SEC last year in bowl games. People seem to conveniently forget this little tidbit

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            By the way, Illinois beats Ohio State and it's " LOLZ OMGZ BIG TEN BLOWZ!!!!11!!". Meanwhile, Kentucky beats LSU and it's "Oh man the SEC is so tough". Double standard much?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Just for the record, LSU is 2nd in the SEC in rushing (behind Arkansas).

                              They don't have huge numbers because 6 guys carry the ball every game, but they run the ball really well. Thats pretty much their bread and butter since Flynn is..garbage.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                                Yeah, but the vast majority of the SEC's non-con schedule is a bunch of patsies. Most good teams they've played have beaten them. FSU beat Bama and California beat Tennessee off the top of my head. The Big 10 was 2-1 against the SEC last year in bowl games. People seem to conveniently forget this little tidbit
                                I will admit the SEC is better than the big 10, but not by much. When the Big 10 teams beat up on each other, the media takes it as a sign that the Big 10 is no good. When the SEC teams beat up on each other, the media takes it as a sign the SEC is deep.

                                How exactly is that not a bias?
                                Last edited by someone447; 11-12-2007, 08:40 PM. Reason: didn't see your last post saying the exact same thing
                                I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                                Hunter S. Thompson

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information