X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• foozball
    started a topic oregon vs lsu?

oregon vs lsu?

could it happen? can we put the pac 10 against the SEC and let it be a battle of the powerhouse conferences? this is the game i want to watch in the championship game. the big 10 had its shot last year against the SEC and fell flat on its face. i really hope OSU loses.

• Sniper
    replied
    Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
    Playing Louisiana Tech in week 12 gave LSU such a sweat. I can't believe they pulled that game out.
    It was a toughie.

Leave a comment:

• Turtlepower
    replied
    Playing Louisiana Tech in week 12 gave LSU such a sweat. I can't believe they pulled that game out.

Leave a comment:

• Sniper
    replied
    Originally posted by soily View Post
    Because Kentucky is a good team. Illinois is not! LOLZ OMGZ BIG TEN BLOWZ!!!
    Your lack of intelligence continuously amazes me.

Leave a comment:

• Sniper
    replied
    Originally posted by soily View Post
    LOL at Big 10 fan talking about non-conference schedules.
    Do you ever post anything remotely close to intelligent?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
    Yeah, but the vast majority of the SEC's non-con schedule is a bunch of patsies. Most good teams they've played have beaten them. FSU beat Bama and California beat Tennessee off the top of my head. The Big 10 was 2-1 against the SEC last year in bowl games. People seem to conveniently forget this little tidbit
    LOL at Big 10 fan talking about non-conference schedules.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    By the way, Illinois beats Ohio State and it's " LOLZ OMGZ BIG TEN BLOWZ!!!!11!!". Meanwhile, Kentucky beats LSU and it's "Oh man the SEC is so tough". Double standard much?
    Because Kentucky is a good team. Illinois is not! LOLZ OMGZ BIG TEN BLOWZ!!!

Leave a comment:

• someone447
    replied
    Yeah, but the vast majority of the SEC's non-con schedule is a bunch of patsies. Most good teams they've played have beaten them. FSU beat Bama and California beat Tennessee off the top of my head. The Big 10 was 2-1 against the SEC last year in bowl games. People seem to conveniently forget this little tidbit
    I will admit the SEC is better than the big 10, but not by much. When the Big 10 teams beat up on each other, the media takes it as a sign that the Big 10 is no good. When the SEC teams beat up on each other, the media takes it as a sign the SEC is deep.

How exactly is that not a bias?
    Last edited by someone447; 11-12-2007, 08:40 PM. Reason: didn't see your last post saying the exact same thing

Leave a comment:

• TigerBait45
    replied
    Just for the record, LSU is 2nd in the SEC in rushing (behind Arkansas).

They don't have huge numbers because 6 guys carry the ball every game, but they run the ball really well. Thats pretty much their bread and butter since Flynn is..garbage.

Leave a comment:

• Sniper
    replied
    By the way, Illinois beats Ohio State and it's " LOLZ OMGZ BIG TEN BLOWZ!!!!11!!". Meanwhile, Kentucky beats LSU and it's "Oh man the SEC is so tough". Double standard much?

Leave a comment:

• Sniper
    replied
    Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
    The SEC isn't overrated by the Media. Going into this weekend, the SEC was 32-5 against non-SEC opponents. The best by far of any conference.

As much as you'd like to believe the SEC is overrated, the facts are that the SEC dominates it's non-conference opponents in both the regular season and in the bowl games.

Leave a comment:

• Namy
    replied
    Originally posted by duckseason View Post
    Which would be ridiculous as hell, considering the fact that we just beat an equally if not more impressive undefeated team in ASU. Also, our loss isn't nearly as bad as that of Oklahoma's, imo. It was about as close as you get to a win without actually winning, and it was against one of the best teams in the country at the time. No question in my mind that our schedule is tougher than Oklahoma's. But, I agree that the scenario you describe would definitely become a reality if Kansas manages to beat both Oklahoma St and Missouri. I just think that one of those teams will knock them off before Oklahoma gets their chance at it.

Who knows though, we may end up seeing Oregon play Oklahoma if they both win out and both tOSU and LSU stumble. I actually think there's a pretty good chance of that happening if the Illini can hang on and pull out this victory.
    With OSU inexplicably losing, I think your scenario is probably what will happen. I still see LSU losing to Georgia (my bad LSUALUM99, for some mistakened reason I thought UF had a better record lol) and I see OU giving Kansas it's first loss in the Big 12 Championship.

Leave a comment:

• LSUALUM99
    replied
    Part of 6 teams being in the top 25 (that LSU played) also comes from the massive media overrating of the SEC, so don't put too much stock into that.

The SEC isn't overrated by the Media. Going into this weekend, the SEC was 32-5 against non-SEC opponents. The best by far of any conference.

As much as you'd like to believe the SEC is overrated, the facts are that the SEC dominates it's non-conference opponents in both the regular season and in the bowl games.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    How do you know they're not a better team than last year? Their defense is #1 in the country and their offense merely plays a different style to last year's. Todd Boeckman has very similar numbers to what Troy Smith put up last year during his Heisman campaign and Chris Wells is tearing defenses a new asshole. And this is coming from a UM fan.

Why is LSU looked upon so favorably? They haven't looked very good of late. Flynn isn't a great QB, their running game is meh, and their wideouts are very inconsistent. Their defense is the only thing keeping them afloat.
    LOL at this entire post

Leave a comment:

• foozball
    replied
    well, with OSU gone, let's hope this game can happen. if not, i wouldnt mind seeing an OU vs OSU game because of the botched calls from last year's game between the two. however, i really wanna see a battle between the two powerhouse conferences in the SEC and PAC 10

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information