Dennis Dixon- Torn ACL, done for the year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dennis Dixon- Torn ACL, done for the year

Heard it on ESPN Radio Sportscenter. Sad news. Real fun player to watch. I wish him a speedy recovery.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3115013

He's gonna have surgery. Next stop, MLB.

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Wow. Just talk a horrible end to a season for such an emerging player as Dixon.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
      WHO DAT!

Comment

i sat next to a dude who was about to buy the tickets to the rose bowl for oregon, but as soon as dixon got hurt he opted out.
        he said even if oregon makes it, if dixon doesnt play he wont watch because leaf is that bad.
        That is what a die hard oregon fan said
        CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
        JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
          i sat next to a dude who was about to buy the tickets to the rose bowl for oregon, but as soon as dixon got hurt he opted out.
          he said even if oregon makes it, if dixon doesnt play he wont watch because leaf is that bad.
          That is what a die hard oregon fan said
          You gotta love those Nike sponsored fans. =D

Comment

I can't believe that he actually tore it against ASU and was still cleared to play against Arizona.

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason View Post
              I can't believe that he actually tore it against ASU and was still cleared to play against Arizona.
              Bellotti could have possibly ended his career if this is true. He also must have been in excruciating pain by just standing.

Comment

This story reminds me of Friday Night Lights the movie.
                Originally posted by nvot9
                I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
                  This story reminds me of Friday Night Lights the movie.
                  That movie sucked.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                  WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                    Bellotti could have possibly ended his career if this is true. He also must have been in excruciating pain by just standing.
                    It is true, and it was Dixon's choice. I've got to think that an NFL team will give him a shot when he recovers.

Comment

that really sucks that dixon is out. if he would of stayed healthy he could of been on contention for the heisman. too bad for him. hope he has a speedy recovery.
                      Musician

Comment

im sure he partially tore it in the ASU game, it was feelin better but as soon as his leg went like that, u knew it was torn. Well looks like the Braves are gettin back that 5th(?) rounder

Comment

Yeah i cried during the Arizona game. I was so upset. Gotta love the guy tho, Hes here for his teamates not the heisman, although it would have been a great treat next to the championship trophy. Sad deal.
                          http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/s.../368jordan.jpg

Comment

He would have undoubtely won the heisman but i loved his attitude towards it he was just saying how much it dosent matter all he wants to be with the team... i guess it goes to Tebow now

Comment

No it wouldn't. If he hadn't torn the MCL as well the level of pain is very bearable, there are athletes in many sports who have played whole games with ruptured(complete tear) of the ACL. The ones who have to go off in agony have almost always torn at least the MCL as well and often other ligaments as well. ACL itself is actually the one you are most likely to be able to play through, which is ironic given it is also the one that guarantees the most time on the sidelines.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information