Top 5 Teams Next Year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 5 Teams Next Year

So now that we know the BCS games are a joke and everything let's look to next season. I want to see what people think will be the Top 5 teams next year. Here is mine.

1. Florida-Has a shot to go undefeated. Tough games-Georgia, LSU

2. USC-Also has a good shot at undefeated season. Tough games-OSU, ASU

3. Oklahoma-A great shot at going undefeated, tough games-Mizzou, maybe Miami

4. Georgia-If it can beat Florida has a great shot at undefeated season. Tough games-Arizona St., Florida, LSU

5. Ohio St.-Will have a tough time with Illinois and USC on the schedule. But if they can win both they have a real good shot. Michigan also looms and that is always a big one. Although not reall lately.

wvu---will only lose 2, maybe 3 on offense (schmitt, slaton, possibly reynaud; but have some real good fr stepping in); white returns; defense loses 6 starters, but the back-ups are more talented and got a lot of playing time (we rotate a lot); early test vs auburn and @ colorado

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by yeyoistheman View Post
      So now that we know the BCS games are a joke and everything let's look to next season. I want to see what people think will be the Top 5 teams next year. Here is mine.

4. Georgia-If it can beat Florida has a great shot at undefeated season. Tough games-Arizona St., Florida, LSU

5. Ohio St.-Will have a tough time with Illinois and USC on the schedule. But if they can win both they have a real good shot. Michigan also looms and that is always a big one. Although not reall lately.
      i'll take your same 5.
      I'm a state.

Comment

Theres no reason LSU shouldnt be on that list especially with most of their offense returning next year including stud QB Ryan Perrilloux who will finally get his chance to start a full season. Defensively they always recruit well so I wouldnt be too worried with the losses of some key guys there.

Comment

Originally posted by yeyoistheman View Post

It is going to be determined by who declares. A team can look real good today only to lose a heck of a lot of strong players if they declare.
          On paper, Ohio St. with 21 starters returning looks to be the favourite but I can see them losing 3 studs on defense and 1 or 2 on offense which will bring them right down to reality.
          USC has to replace Booty and that raises a huge question mark for them. They also could lose a junior or 2.
          Oklahoma also looks very tough at this point if they don't lose too much as does Florida. Georgia is a bit of a longshot but they certainly have a chance.
          The Big East returns a heck of a lot of starters plus almost all their starting QB's so I wouldn't count them out.
          Alabama could surprise as well in their 2nd season under Saban and if Perrilloux develops, LSU could still be a threat.
          Kansas and Missouri return their QB's plus a lot of starters so they will contend and Texas cannot be ignored either as their QB retuns as well.
          Next year won't look like this season with so many starting QB's returning among the top teams but the top 10 could still be tough to make with so many good teams.
          And proud of it!!!

Comment

Right now I'd rank the top 10:

1. Florida
            2. USC
            3. Oklahoma
            4. Ohio State
            5. Georgia
            6. LSU
            7. West Virginia
            8. Texas
            9. Missouri
            10. Clemson

I think FSU, ASU, and Wisconsin could make some noise next year too.
            I'm a state.

Comment

Virginia Tech is losing a ton of players, but hopefully stays top 15.
              Virginia Tech.
              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

not saying they are top 5 but Wisconsin should get some heavy looks.. yes I did think the same think coming into this year but now we will have a lot more experience Donovan will be out at QB but the lineup should look something like this

QB- Allen Everidge
                RB- PJ Hill/Zach Brown/Lance Smith/John Clay
                FB- Chris Pressley
                WR- Kyle Jefferson
                WR- David Gilreath?
                TE- Travis Beckum
                T- Gabe Carimi
                T- Jake Bscherer or Josh Oglesby could win this spot
                G- Andy Kemp
                G- Van Huevel?
                C- Lose Leadership of Coleman.. open slot
                DE- Matt Shaunnessey
                DE- ?
                DT- ?
                DT- Champman?
                LB- Jon Casillas
                LB- Abdul Hodge
                LB- DeAndre Levy
                CB- Jack Ikegwuonu
                CB- Allen Langford :( maybe Aaron Henry could take it over
                S- Shane Carter
                S- Aubrey Pleasant
                K- lose very good kicker Taylor Melhaff
                P- Ken DeBauche is gone but we have his little brother
                KR/PR- Gilreath

solid experience this year

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
                  wvu---will only lose 2, maybe 3 on offense (schmitt, slaton, possibly reynaud; but have some real good fr stepping in); white returns; defense loses 6 starters, but the back-ups are more talented and got a lot of playing time (we rotate a lot); early test vs auburn and @ colorado
                  White still needs to toughen up and prove himself. Even Corso called him and Slaton out

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                    USC has to replace Booty and that raises a huge question mark for them. They also could lose a junior or 2.
                    LOL. pun intended? =D

Comment

SEC: LSU vs Georgia
                      Big 10: They all suck, but OSU is the best I guess.
                      Big 12: Oklahoma vs Missouri
                      ACC: Virginia vs Florida State. North Carolina is a serious dark horse, though.
                      PAC 10: USC is by far the best IMO.
                      Big East: WVU with USF a close second.

Top 5:

1. Oklahoma
                      2. Georgia
                      3. Florida
                      4. LSU
                      5. USC

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Georgia, Florida, Oklahoma, Ohio St., and maybe Missouri would be my Top 5. USC deserves to be up there too but Missouri's QB play should be much better.

Comment

Originally posted by wiscbadgerfootball View Post
                          not saying they are top 5 but Wisconsin should get some heavy looks.. yes I did think the same think coming into this year but now we will have a lot more experience Donovan will be out at QB but the lineup should look something like this

QB- Allen Everidge
                          RB- PJ Hill/Zach Brown/Lance Smith/John Clay
                          FB- Chris Pressley
                          WR- Kyle Jefferson
                          WR- David Gilreath?
                          TE- Travis Beckum
                          T- Gabe Carimi
                          T- Jake Bscherer or Josh Oglesby could win this spot
                          G- Andy Kemp
                          G- Van Huevel?
                          C- Lose Leadership of Coleman.. open slot
                          DE- Matt Shaunnessey
                          DE- ?
                          DT- ?
                          DT- Champman?
                          LB- Jon Casillas
                          LB- Abdul Hodge
                          LB- DeAndre Levy
                          CB- Jack Ikegwuonu
                          CB- Allen Langford :( maybe Aaron Henry could take it over
                          S- Shane Carter
                          S- Aubrey Pleasant
                          K- lose very good kicker Taylor Melhaff
                          P- Ken DeBauche is gone but we have his little brother
                          KR/PR- Gilreath

solid experience this year
                          It is going to depend HEAVILY on the play of Everidge. The running game looks to be as solid as ever.

There in conference schedule looks to be a tough one with games against Michigan, Ohio State, Illinois, Penn State, Michigan State, Iowa, Minnesota, and Indiana.

The non-conference schedule should be as easy as ever with games against Fresno State, Marshall and Akron.

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                            SEC: LSU vs Georgia
                            Big 10: They all suck, but OSU is the best I guess.
                            Big 12: Oklahoma vs Missouri
                            ACC: Virginia vs Florida State. North Carolina is a serious dark horse, though.
                            PAC 10: USC is by far the best IMO.
                            Big East: WVU with USF a close second.
                            I love how you say the Big 10 sucks but don't say anything about the ACC or Big East....Humorous. And OSU likely returns 90% of their team...

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                              I love how you say the Big 10 sucks but don't say anything about the ACC or Big East....Humorous. And OSU likely returns 90% of their team...
                              The ACC is horrible, but at least FSU is pretty much a clear front-runner. All the significant Big 10 teams will suffer a decrease in talent, but the same can't be said about the ACC and Big East. You have to understand the context.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information