Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Louisville's Anthony Allen to transfer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Louisville's Anthony Allen to transfer

    Sophomore Rb Anthony Allen is transferring from Louisville due to not being happy with his role in Steve Kragthorpe's offense. He wants to play in a more physical running attack. Louisville will block him from transferring to any school in the Big East, on their schedule for the next 3 years, and Arkansas.

    http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/...D=200771213027

    Allen is in my opinion, one of the best sophomore running backs in the country. He has great size at 6'1" 232 lbs and enough speed to be a big play threat. I'm interested to see where he goes. He's a Tampa, FL native but Louisville won't allow him to go to South Florida. Could he wind up at Florida State? Or does he go to UCF to replace Kevin Smith?

  • #2
    it's incredibly lame that teams can block players transferring.


    Sig by me... Hold the applause.

    Comment


    • #3
      There should be a rule that players can't transfer to another team in their conference, and that's it. No more blocking. Just let him go back to Arkansas to play for the man who recruited him instead of being a huge ****.

      sig by BoneKrusher

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by etk View Post
        There should be a rule that players can't transfer to another team in their conference, and that's it. No more blocking. Just let him go back to Arkansas to play for the man who recruited him instead of being a huge ****.
        Well, Allen's dad said Anthony Allen doesn't want to go to Arkansas anyway at this time

        Comment


        • #5
          That's odd. Arkansas really doesn't have any outstanding options on their roster right now at RB for the future. I don't think he will go to FSU and with Arkansas and USF out of the picture there's no leads on where he'll go.

          Edit: UCF was his next-best option coming out of HS. Boston College, Clemson & Georgia Tech are also possibilities. I think he'll go to UCF, which is a complete 180 from UL's offense.
          Last edited by etk; 12-13-2007, 11:34 PM.

          sig by BoneKrusher

          Comment


          • #6
            What does this mean for Louisville's running game? The only other guy coming back with good rushing numbers is Bolen...does he start or do they use someone else and keep him as fullback/change of pace?

            Comment


            • #7
              it may be stupid, but what if he goes to FAU or FIU or something? JUst throwing that out there...
              Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

              Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
              Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
              Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
              A fan of the USF Bulls

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
                it may be stupid, but what if he goes to FAU or FIU or something? JUst throwing that out there...
                Seems like the guy wants a chance to improve his draft stock so taking that far of a step back wouldn't be smart. Besides, FAU is running an offense around talented QB Rusty Smith.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
                  it may be stupid, but what if he goes to FAU or FIU or something? JUst throwing that out there...
                  FIU? Imagine, lol. I think it's a done deal for UCF but that's all speculation on my part. Even if Smith returns for his Senior season he will leave just in time for Allen to dominate for 2 years.

                  sig by BoneKrusher

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yea Louisville's offense is in A LOT of trouble.

                    I'd love for him to go to UCF.

                    That is correct comahan
                    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                    <3 dg

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                      Yea Louisville's offense is in A LOT of trouble.

                      I'd love for him to go to UCF.
                      They have Hunter Cantwell dg. HUNTER CANTWELL!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Our offense isn't in trouble, we have Cantwell, who is a more than capable QB.. We Bolen, and Bilal Powell, who really showed a lot in the last couple of games.. At receiver, we have Urrutia, Spillman, Carter, and others.. our line is going to be young, is the only problem.. Our defense on the other hand is a different story...!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Notredameleo View Post
                          Our offense isn't in trouble, we have Cantwell, who is a more than capable QB.. We Bolen, and Bilal Powell, who really showed a lot in the last couple of games.. At receiver, we have Urrutia, Spillman, Carter, and others.. our line is going to be young, is the only problem.. Our defense on the other hand is a different story...!
                          You don't have Urrutia...

                          http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/...le-Urrutia.php

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Bilal Powell looked great when I watched him play Rutgers. This is better for the team IMO.
                            Virginia Tech.
                            ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

                            Next Up: 2012

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The best thing, besides Cantwell, Bolen and Powell, is Louisville has Jeff Brohm as the offensive coordinator!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information