Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Transfer Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
    Damn. That offense is going to be ridiculous with the young RB talent they have already, Mallet, and a ton of talented guys to throw the ball to.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
      Damn. That offense is going to be ridiculous with the young RB talent they have already, Mallet, and a ton of talented guys to throw the ball to.
      Assuming Mallett learns to hit the broad side of a barn...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
        Assuming Mallett learns to hit the broad side of a barn...
        someone's bitter (just kidding)

        Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Brent View Post
          someone's bitter (just kidding)
          I know you're kidding, but 43% completion just doesn't cut it.

          Comment


          • Anyone think Mitch Mustain might transfer down to a FCS team? I don't think he could transfer to another FBS team, could he?

            ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
              Anyone think Mitch Mustain might transfer down to a FCS team? I don't think he could transfer to another FBS team, could he?
              He could, but he'd lose a year.

              Comment


              • So it doesn't matter how many times you transfer within in the FBS, you still lose just 1 year?

                ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                  He could, but he'd lose a year.
                  He wouldn't lose a year if he went down to FCS

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                    Anyone think Mitch Mustain might transfer down to a FCS team? I don't think he could transfer to another FBS team, could he?
                    why would he transfer?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
                      why would he transfer?
                      He may never start at USC. Sanchez will start if he comes back next year and then there is a real possibility Matt Barkley takes the starting job as a RS Freshman in 2010

                      Comment


                      • don't forget about Corp. I guess he is a good enough athlete to possibly play some receiver, but it wouldn't make much sense since he's a good QB. After Sanchez leaves, whether it be this year or next, it's gonna be either Mustain and Corp for the starting job. And with Barkley there, you know he isn't gonna sit for long. I guess I could see either Mustain or Corp transferring, unless they are like Matt Cassel and have no problem staying in a winning program in beautiful southern cal, even though they could start at a lot of different D-I schools.

                        ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                          don't forget about Corp. I guess he is a good enough athlete to possibly play some receiver, but it wouldn't make much sense since he's a good QB. After Sanchez leaves, whether it be this year or next, it's gonna be either Mustain and Corp for the starting job. And with Barkley there, you know he isn't gonna sit for long. I guess I could see either Mustain or Corp transferring, unless they are like Matt Cassel and have no problem staying in a winning program in beautiful southern cal, even though they could start at a lot of different D-I schools.
                          Problem is that both have already burned redshirts and dont have that many years of eligibilty left to waste

                          Comment


                          • Well, it would only make sense for Mustain to transfer to a FCS school so he could get two years of starting under his belt before the draft. Best case scenario for Mustain would be to take over after Sanchez leaves, whether it be next year or the year after. This would give USC a really good QB to fill in for them before they go with Barkley, and I think ideally Carrol would wait until Barkley is a redshirt SO to start him.

                            Corp is kind of the middle man here. Even if he does beat out Mustain after Sanchez leaves, Corp then has Barkley breathing down his back. I actually think it might make the most sense for Corp to transfer after this season. There's a good chance he wouldn't play next year anyway, and if he goes to a team that needs a QB, he could start for his redshirt JR and SR years.

                            ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

                            Comment


                            • Hearing USC WR Vidal Hazelton may be transferring.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                                Hearing USC WR Vidal Hazelton may be transferring.
                                Didn't Kiffin originally recruit him to SC? I wonder if Tennessee is the school he's looking at if what you're hearing is true.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information