• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
    Colorado WR Josh Smith and TE Ryan Wallace are transferring

http://www.buffzone.com/news/2009/ma...r/?partner=RSS

Rumor has it Smith could be heading to USC because of their music program
    So what reason is Darrell Scott at Colorado now? I thought he was set on Texas but his cousin talked him into going to be with him and that he would be a starter from day one, now in one year he's got his starting spot taken and his cousin left, it's pretty safe to assume I bet he's pissed off that he went there now.

I hope he sucks again this year and Chris Whaley beast :)
    Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 05-31-2009, 09:02 PM.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
      So what reason is Darrell Scott at Colorado now? I thought he was set on Texas but his cousin talked him into going to be with him and that he would be a starter from day one, now in one year he's got his starting spot taken and his cousin left, it's pretty safe to assume I bet he's pissed off that he went there now.

I hope he sucks again this year and Chris Whaley beast :)
      Josh Smith is his uncle. Not his cousin

Comment

• What's Mustain gonna do?

Stay at USC and try and pull a Cassel? Or transfer some place?

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• I'd certainly welcome Roper and Webber to Temple with open arms :P
          Temple University Owls

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
            What's Mustain gonna do?

Stay at USC and try and pull a Cassel? Or transfer some place?
            I'm not really sure what would be best for him. He could stay at USC and hope for an injury to Aaron Corp but even then it seems like Matt Barkley would be handed the reins. If he transfers again it'd certainly have to be down to the FCS or D2 level which would mean essentially losing another year while he picks up a new offensive scheme. To me it seems like Mustain is going to fade into obscurity and be one of the biggest busts on the college level in recent memory

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
              I'm not really sure what would be best for him. He could stay at USC and hope for an injury to Aaron Corp but even then it seems like Matt Barkley would be handed the reins. If he transfers again it'd certainly have to be down to the FCS or D2 level which would mean essentially losing another year while he picks up a new offensive scheme. To me it seems like Mustain is going to fade into obscurity and be one of the biggest busts on the college level in recent memory
              Which is why I dont get why some of these guys dont go to schools like Temple and other MAC schools and whatnot to begin with, since they can start instantly and dont have to worry about the schools signing a top player at their position. After that happens, they end up at Delaware, James Madison, UMass, D-II, etc., and Joe Flacco doesn't exactly happen every time. I know Mustain was the #1 QB, so I'm not talking about him, but I really mean guys who are essentially the bottom of the top recruits.
              Temple University Owls

Comment

• Dominique Davis is leaving BC

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4224308

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• Originally posted by JHG722 View Post
                  Which is why I dont get why some of these guys dont go to schools like Temple and other MAC schools and whatnot to begin with, since they can start instantly and dont have to worry about the schools signing a top player at their position. After that happens, they end up at Delaware, James Madison, UMass, D-II, etc., and Joe Flacco doesn't exactly happen every time. I know Mustain was the #1 QB, so I'm not talking about him, but I really mean guys who are essentially the bottom of the top recruits.
                  It's an ego/pride thing. These recruits think they are the best...only until they are beat out by the best.

Comment

• WR Josh Smith (Colorado) is transferring. Wants to go to Oregon, but Colorado has only let him talk to USC. Also internet/message board talk about Darrell Scott
                    "Autzen's 59,000 strong make the 'Big House collectively sound like a pathetic wimper. It's louder than 'The Swamp', 'The Shoe' and 'Death Valley' Autzen Stadium is where great teams go to die." MDN

Comment

• its ironic the 2 guys transferring probably to K-State, agent is Mr Butler. Hmm...

Good luck to Harper but if he wants to be a QB... he wont last long
                      "Autzen's 59,000 strong make the 'Big House collectively sound like a pathetic wimper. It's louder than 'The Swamp', 'The Shoe' and 'Death Valley' Autzen Stadium is where great teams go to die." MDN

Comment

• I feel so bad for BC, this offseason raped them. Dominick Davis did have a rough first stint as a starter, but when you lose your starting QB to transfer before the season that just sucks. The kid definitely has talent, he just needs a lot of work.

Combine that with the losses of Raji, Brace, Toal, Akins, Francois, as well as Herzlich and McLaughlin for illness/injury BC is in a real tough spot. The team's top 5 LBs from last year are no longer there as well as two of the nation's best DTs and the starting QB. Justin Tuggle and a TON of players are going to need to step up if BC wants to avoid a losing season.

Comment

• Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
                          It's an ego/pride thing. These recruits think they are the best...only until they are beat out by the best.
                          Exactly. Who wouldn't jump at the chance to be a big fish in a small pond rather than a big fish amongst a ton of big fish in a big pond?

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                          I feel so bad for BC, this offseason raped them. Dominick Davis did have a rough first stint as a starter, but when you lose your starting QB to transfer before the season that just sucks. The kid definitely has talent, he just needs a lot of work.

Combine that with the losses of Raji, Brace, Toal, Akins, Francois, as well as Herzlich and McLaughlin for illness/injury BC is in a real tough spot. The team's top 5 LBs from last year are no longer there as well as two of the nation's best DTs and the starting QB. Justin Tuggle and a TON of players are going to need to step up if BC wants to avoid a losing season.
                          I dont (other than Herzlich), because I hate BC more than anything.
                          Temple University Owls

Comment

• Well even despite the positives of being a big fish in a small pond, I'm guessing these players actually want to win football games, possibly even bowl games and national championships.

That's why they don't go to mid-level teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                              Well even despite the positives of being a big fish in a small pond, I'm guessing these players actually want to win football games, possibly even bowl games and national championships.

That's why they don't go to mid-level teams.
                              The thing about college football that bothers me the most is that it's essentially predetermined before the season starts as to who can feasibly win a national championship based on scheduling. So, unless they go to one of those couple schools, they wont win national championships. No one is saying they cant win games and Bowl Games, albeit not versus SEC level talent, but still. Very few of these guys are going pro anyway.
                              Temple University Owls

Comment

• Dann O'Neill is leaving Michigan, no word yet on whether he is transferring or quitting football altogether.

He was the #1 prospect in Michigan the year before last and a top 50 guy overall. He has a great frame and potential but apparently he was going to be a little bit of a project.

Someone could get a really good future OT if they sign him.

www.mgoblog.com

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information