Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some team doctors are more lenient than others im guessin.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

• David Ausberry please transfer to the University of North Carolina.. O yeah and Havili too, O yeah and Mitch Mustain..

Get on the phone Butch!
      Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
      Coples is that dude.
      Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Pac-10 made a new rule last week:

"Have learned that USC players CANNOT transfer inside the Pac-10, Pac-10 apparently passed that rule last week. More on blog soon"

Classy Pac-10...

Follow Me on Twitter!
        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

• I heard mustain and gable are most likely to transfer. we'll see though.

The crazy thing about this whole ordeal is that other schools are allowed to "recruit" the juniors and seniors from USC.

schools with an interest in a USC junior or senior are allowed to initiate contact with the player, Osburn said.
          isn't that kind of stupid?
          Last edited by soybean; 06-11-2010, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by soybean View Post
            I heard mustain and gable are most likely to transfer. we'll see though.

The crazy thing about this whole ordeal is that other schools are allowed to "recruit" the juniors and seniors from USC.

So you expect one of these players to call up Les Miles or Urban Meyer and ask if they can have a spot on the team? No, its only right that if a school wants these players services, they should make the first contact.

Comment

• Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
              So you expect one of these players to call up Les Miles or Urban Meyer and ask if they can have a spot on the team? No, its only right that if a school wants these players services, they should make the first contact.
              isn't that the basis for transferring in the first place? on the players' own accord?

why wouldn't coaches go after every single junior and senior on the team then?

It wasn't allowed before the infractions why is allowed after the sanctions? You're still tampering with the viability of the team. But that's just my opinion.
              Last edited by soybean; 06-11-2010, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• Gotta agree with soybean here. If someone wants to transfer, they should have to initiate contact. If coaches are allowed to recruit USC players, what is stopping a coach from convincing a USC player to switch schools that had intended on sticking with the Trojans?

Comment

• per Bruce Feldman regarding Seantrel Henderon

Heard his family talked to USC & was fine. Besides, he'd need a release & USC won't sign it.

Comment

• That is crazy Seniors and Juniors can transfer and not lose a year. Does that mean this up coming season they can transfer right now and play in the Fall?

Corp should be gone, so should Mustain. Marc Tyler could go so could Malcolm Smith. Heck any talented player on that team that might not get playing time could leave, and I am sure there are a lot of those type guys.

Hopefully they can stick together, it will show how good of coach Kiffin really is.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                      Gotta agree with soybean here. If someone wants to transfer, they should have to initiate contact. If coaches are allowed to recruit USC players, what is stopping a coach from convincing a USC player to switch schools that had intended on sticking with the Trojans?
                      I would agree with this in a normal situation, but this situation is far from normal. The players weren't necessarily disgruntled until the sanctions were hammered down.

If anything this is a way out for a USC player that wouldn't have left because he didnt want to take a year off of football. USC football program has a new football coach, ridiculously harsh sanctions handed down, and a seem to be playing in a soon to be extremely competitive conference on paper. It is going to be a very long year for USC football.

Comment

• Didn't Corp already transfer to Richmond?

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

• Yeah Corp is a Spider now.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                          2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                          2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• LB Jordan Campbell will be the first USC player to transfer. It's looking like Boise St. is his top choice.

Originally posted by Scout.com
                            "I already put in for my transfer," said Campbell. "I fell in love with Coach (Pete) Carroll's team and his coaching staff."

Campbell also said he has a school he's leaning toward transferring to.

"Boise State is the school I'm leaning to the most," said Campbell.

Link
                            Apparently, there are rumors that he wouldn't have even been on the team this fall for whatever reason. Something about Kiffin and a "zero tolerance" policy. That's for USC fans to confirm though. *shrug*
                            Last edited by TitanHope; 06-15-2010, 06:16 AM.
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Thats a sick get for Boise if he does go.. but Scout has been wrong sometimes too lol.
                              Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                              Coples is that dude.
                              Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                                Gotta agree with soybean here. If someone wants to transfer, they should have to initiate contact. If coaches are allowed to recruit USC players, what is stopping a coach from convincing a USC player to switch schools that had intended on sticking with the Trojans?

Quote:
                                schools with an interest in a USC junior or senior are allowed to initiate contact with the player, Osburn said.
                                I think it's still illegal for any program admin, coach, or anyone employed by a Div. 1 school to initiate contact or solicit a player by phone, letter, tweet or whatever, that's a strict NCAA rule with some stiff penalties for each infraction, that IDK if it's been suspended for the SC upperclassmen players. I think it's a safe bet the business cards & cellphone nos. of many other non-Pac 10 coaches & admins are being circulated among those Trojan players in their dorms right now.

Coach Nutt/Petrino/Whittingham/Richt/(your non-Pac 10 HC's name here) , there's a Mr. Mustain holding for you on line 4, can you take the call?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information