Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Transfer Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
    And Erik Ainge was?

    Tennessee always has a good OLine, due to Fulmer being a former OLineman. Mallett would be fine.

    DeBord and Loeffler are both in the running for positions on UT's staff, and both were in Knoxville Teusday for interviews. I assume Loeffler would be interviewing for QB Coach and DeBord for OC. Loeffler for QB's is great and I believe he's a very good recruiter, but I don't know much about DeBord. He coached TE's before being an OC, so him at that position would be fine too.

    If any Michigan fan has any info on these two guys, that would be great.
    I'm really surprised Lefty isn't getting any consideration for an Offensive Coordinator job. He's one of the best QB Coaches in the country. I really, really wanted Rich Rod to keep him around. I think he's the biggest loss of everyone we fired. Every QB who has played at Michigan since Loeffler has been there has been drafted, with most having shown at least a little success at the pro level. Todd Collins, Brian Griese, Drew Henson, Tom Brady, John Navarre, Matt Gutierrez (finished his career at Idaho), and Chad Henne (not yet drafted, but will be) can credit some, if not most of their success to Lefty.

    Mike DeBORED is awful at Offensive Coordinator. If I was a Tennessee fan, I'd want my team to stay as far away as possible from this guy. His play-calling is so bad and unpredictable, it's beyond frustrating.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
      Yes but his OC and QB coach at Michigan are expected to go to Tennessee. He's supposedly leaning heavily towards Tennessee with Arkansas, Texas A&M, and UCLa also in the mix
      Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
      And Erik Ainge was?

      Tennessee always has a good OLine, due to Fulmer being a former OLineman. Mallett would be fine.

      DeBord and Loeffler are both in the running for positions on UT's staff, and both were in Knoxville Teusday for interviews. I assume Loeffler would be interviewing for QB Coach and DeBord for OC. Loeffler for QB's is great and I believe he's a very good recruiter, but I don't know much about DeBord. He coached TE's before being an OC, so him at that position would be fine too.

      If any Michigan fan has any info on these two guys, that would be great.
      Are you guys serious? It's a freaking joke, I personally think Mallett should go to Tennessee, with Arkansas as a 2nd choice to consider.

      sig by BoneKrusher

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by etk View Post
        No, I don't think so. He's not fast enough for the SEC.
        Jamarcus Russell sure had that blazing speed...

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by TheSchmidt View Post
          From Florida:

          TE Trent Pupello
          RB Chevon Waller
          RB Bo Williams

          Will be transferring after this season.
          Pupello = USF

          Great move, I hear the USF benches are comfier than the UF one's...

          Comment


          • #65
            Charlie Jones, Dajleon Farr & Doug Wiggins are all expected to transfer from Miami.

            Farr is expected at Memphis & Wiggins is looking at Western Michigan.

            sig by BoneKrusher

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
              Could a Tennessee fan tell me what this means for Jonathan Crompton? He's going to be a Junior next year right?
              Yea. He'd start next year. And then when Mallett is eligable in 2009 Crompton would be a senior, and Mallett a RS sophmore. I'd guess Crompton would keep the starting job for that year if he was producing then Mallett would start the 2 years after him.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by etk View Post
                Charlie Jones, Dajleon Farr & Doug Wiggins are all expected to transfer from Miami.

                Farr is expected at Memphis & Wiggins is looking at Western Michigan.
                wait i thought Charlie Jones was a senior? and he never redshirted right?

                Comment


                • #68
                  Joe McKnight and Michael Crabtree are tranfering to NMSU to team up with Chase Holbrook. :) :)

                  A man can dream.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by Pats-Lions
                    I'm really surprised Lefty isn't getting any consideration for an Offensive Coordinator job. He's one of the best QB Coaches in the country. I really, really wanted Rich Rod to keep him around. I think he's the biggest loss of everyone we fired. Every QB who has played at Michigan since Loeffler has been there has been drafted, with most having shown at least a little success at the pro level. Todd Collins, Brian Griese, Drew Henson, Tom Brady, John Navarre, Matt Gutierrez (finished his career at Idaho), and Chad Henne (not yet drafted, but will be) can credit some, if not most of their success to Lefty.

                    Mike DeBORED is awful at Offensive Coordinator. If I was a Tennessee fan, I'd want my team to stay as far away as possible from this guy. His play-calling is so bad and unpredictable, it's beyond frustrating.
                    Many news sources have stated that Dave Clawson, former HC for the Richmond Spiders, has accepted the OC position. So no Mike BeBord unless he agrees to be the TE/WR coach. Though, I would still love to land Loeffler as the QB coach. Though, there are now reports that UCLA is going after the UM guys heavily. I think Loeffler is being offered the OC position, which would draw Mallett to likely transfer to UCLA. Not sure of DeBord's coaching fate, though, or if DeBord would be OC and Loeffler would be QB coach. But it would be interesting to see how the UM guys would mesh with Neuheisel.

                    If Loeffler decides to come to UT, I would be extremely happy.

                    Originally posted by SuperKevin
                    Could a Tennessee fan tell me what this means for Jonathan Crompton? He's going to be a Junior next year right?
                    Yup, Crompton will be a junior. He saw some playing time this year, and wasn't too impressive. He did play a bit his freshman year, and did well for a freshy. But, to say that I have much confidence in him being our starting QB would be a lie. It'll be a battle between him and B.J. Coleman for the starting spot next year, but since Cro is the junior, he'll probably start.

                    If Mallett comes to UT, he'll be avaiable during Crompton's senior year. I think Cro would start as a senior, but Mallett would see playing time. After Cro graduates, Mallett would start as a junior and senior, if he doesn't forgo it and enter the Draft early. But you never know. Mallett could beat out Cro for the starting spot.
                    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                    [@TDWinstead]
                    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by WildDude View Post
                      wait i thought Charlie Jones was a senior? and he never redshirted right?
                      He was injured in fall practice and I think we redshirted him. All I know is he's transferring, so he must be taking advantage of the graduating Senior rule like Kirby Freeman did.

                      sig by BoneKrusher

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Ohio State QB Robbie Schoenhoft to Delaware, WR Albert Dukes to Appalachian State.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Rumor has it Ryan Mallett is in College Station for a visit this weekend...

                          Everything I've seen has his dad wanting him enrolled and taking classes starting Monday, so he's really taking this one down to the wire.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by D-Fence View Post
                            Rumor has it Ryan Mallett is in College Station for a visit this weekend...

                            Everything I've seen has his dad wanting him enrolled and taking classes starting Monday, so he's really taking this one down to the wire.
                            ah that'd suck cause i had high hopes for Jerrod Johnson the next Vince Young I seriously think his best bet is UCLA

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Some of yall can't tell when someone is using sarcasm.
                              Virginia Tech.
                              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

                              Next Up: 2012

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Xavier Lee didn't enroll in spring classes so he will no longer be playing at FSU. He may transfer or declare for the draft.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information