Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotton Bowl Hoping To Join List of BCS Bowl Games

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls0...ory?id=3172508

I think this would be an excellent addition. The Cotton Bowl has a lot of rich history associated with it and would be held at a brand new facility in the Dallas Cowboys stadium.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

My favorite non-BCS bowl is the Chick Fil A bowl. ACC vs. SEC is fun, but that's just me.
    Virginia Tech.
    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
      My favorite non-BCS bowl is the Chick Fil A bowl. ACC vs. SEC is fun, but that's just me.
      Agreed, I always enjoy the Capitol One Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
        Originally posted by Rich Jr View Post
        Agreed, I always enjoy the Capitol One Bowl.
        I like both those games as well. I always enjoy SEC vs. ACC or SEC vs. Big XII.

What the hell am I saying? I love all SEC bowl games no matter who their playing.

WHO DAT!

Comment

I always like the Cotton Bowl. OFf the top of my head, I think it is SEC vs BIG XII.

It does have a rich history, and I have always enjoyed the Cotton Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post

What the hell am I saying? I love all SEC bowl games no matter who their playing.
            isn't the Capitol One Bowl: Big 10 Vs. SEC not the Big XII

Comment

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
              I always like the Cotton Bowl. OFf the top of my head, I think it is SEC vs BIG XII.

It does have a rich history, and I have always enjoyed the Cotton Bowl.
              Yeah. It's SEC vs. Big XII.

Do you think if the Cotton Bowl is able to become a BCS bowl would it cause then a 5 +1 system? You'd have the Fiesta, Orange, Sugar, Rose, and Cotton plus the BCS National Championship game.

If they went to a 5 +1 system I would that would cause some realignments so conferences could field more competitive teams to try and make one of those top paying bowls.

WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
                isn't the Capitol One Bowl: Big 10 Vs. SEC not the Big XII
                Yeah. The Capitol One Bowl is Big Televen vs. SEC. It's usually a very good game.

WHO DAT!

Comment

I do too but with a new stadium coupled with the rich history of the Cotton Bowl you almost have to add them if they do in fact decide to add another.

Another I like probably more is the Peach "Chick-Fil-A" bowl

Comment

Yeah. It's SEC vs. Big XII.

Do you think if the Cotton Bowl is able to become a BCS bowl would it cause then a 5 +1 system? You'd have the Fiesta, Orange, Sugar, Rose, and Cotton plus the BCS National Championship game.

If they went to a 5 +1 system I would that would cause some realignments so conferences could field more competitive teams to try and make one of those top paying bowls.
                    Yea, I could see it. And if they are going to add another bowl game, then yea, either they need to do some realigning or just scrap it and go to a playoff.

But the more I think of it, they may not need a realignment, but Im just all over the place, because I think the way it is now is OK, like the way they choose teams is the right way, just the people/computer system is a joke. There are so many things that they dont take into consideration.

Comment

Yeah. The Capitol One Bowl is Big Televen vs. SEC. It's usually a very good game.
                      not this year.
                      florida by 40+
                      CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                      JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Is it still going to be played at 10:30 in the morning?

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                        Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by adschofield View Post
                          Is it still going to be played at 10:30 in the morning?
                          Capital One

Michigan vs. Florida Orlando, Fla. Jan. 1, 2008, 1 p.m. ABC HD

Comment

So are they going to add a 6th game? Kind of takes the whole exclusiveness out of the BCS if they allow a bunch of teams to play in BCS bowls

Comment

word around here is that the Cotton Bowl will take the place of 5th BCS game so no more of 2 BCS games in one city. It makes sense here and the new stadium is going to be more than insanse so i see it happening.

former #1 in post count on this site
                              first to 500 posts

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information