Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moffit "living a lie"

"MOFFITT'S WIFE SAYS "HE'S LIVING A LIE"

South Florida linebacker Ben Moffitt was supposed to be one of the feel-good stories of the college football season.

During South Florida's 6-0 run to start the season, it was impossible to watch a game without hearing about what a mature, responsible family man Moffitt was. Moffitt, TV announcers said repeatedly, made a 55-mile commute to and from campus so that he could be in class and at practice every day and with his wife and children every night.

But Moffitt's wife now says that story is fiction.

The St. Petersburg Times reports that Shauna Moffitt says Ben left her with their 5-year-old and 3-year-old kids on Nov. 11 and has had limited contact and done nothing to support them.

He is living a lie, Shauna Moffitt told the Times. Hes lying to everyone. Hes not helping (us) with anything.

Shauna also claims that she took online courses for Ben and did his class work so that he could stay eligible.

I have written every single paper he has ever written in five years at USF, she told the Times.

Ben Moffitt declined to talk to the paper about his marriage, but his lawyer said the linebacker was filing for divorce today.

Moffitt, who is expected to be a mid-round selection in April's NFL draft, has been a big part of USF's efforts to market its football program, and the squeaky-clean, family man image has been prominently featured. The school used the phrase "Linebacker. Leader. Husband. Father" in its promotional materials.

Shauna Moffitt's side of the story isn't the whole story. But it's a reminder that the puff pieces that come along every year about the supposedly perfect student-athlete need to be viewed with skepticism."

http://www.collegefootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

wow, thats really dissapointing if true

Wow, that is not good for him.
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

well he just fell a round or 2.

Owner of ScarDraft
      Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

he had to know shed say something. unless he was playin her not to.

Comment

Not good news for him that she is coming out with this, but I'm skeptical about everything a girl says about her ex-significant other.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerbacker View Post
            Not good news for him that she is coming out with this, but I'm skeptical about everything a girl says about her ex-significant other.
            especially one whos ex stands to have a shot at the nfl....even a late round pick makes a few hundred grand, which im sure she wouldn't mind a piece of

but theres some nugget of truth to all rumors it seems, and he shouldn't have been playing up what hes been doing if its not true

Comment

Originally posted by scar988 View Post
              well he just fell a round or 2.
              Why's that? Divorcing your wife now drops your stock...what has this world come to?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                Why's that? Divorcing your wife now drops your stock...what has this world come to?
                no, lying to the world and saying you are this great family man and that she is saying she did his school work is what would drop him.

Owner of ScarDraft

Comment

Well, that sucks. I'd be willing to wager everything she said about doing every paper for him in untrue though.

Comment

no, lying to the world and saying you are this great family man and that she is saying she did his school work is what would drop him.
                    That could hurt him as far as an NCAA violation, but I highly doubt it changes his draft stock very much. It drops his character grade, but that's not really a red flag IMO.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                      That could hurt him as far as an NCAA violation, but I highly doubt it changes his draft stock very much. It drops his character grade, but that's not really a red flag IMO.
                      if he's lying aboutthat wht else could belying abou. it's a big red flag. especially with orgnizations like hte Pats who value character.

Owner of ScarDraft

Comment

if he's lying aboutthat wht else could belying abou. it's a big red flag. especially with orgnizations like hte Pats who value character.
                        The Pats drafted Brandon Meriweather in the 1st round despite two "red character flags". No one knows the context of his lies either. How do we know he didn't say these things before they hit rough times? I just don't see this as a big issue. It's a family issue and it should be left that way, but if the wife did indeed write his papers, that's bad news. I wouldn't be surprised if she did, knowing USF and their academic standards, or lack thereof.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Probably just a lying ***** trying to get his future money.

Comment

moffit deserves to be labeled a genius from now on. getting a divorce before you make money and she gets half. good move :P

Comment

maybe it wasnt him that lied, people assumed that he did all that cause he has 2 children and he occasionaly visits his kids all the time but still, that wife is wow typical woman, hopefully he has a shot at the NFL and then he can really laugh at her especially since the divorce will b in effect but im sure shes gonna ask her lawyer for half after he gets the first NFL contract, she just wants attention and whats he gonna say nooo its not true... too late now

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information