Perfect Year For Playoff?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect Year For Playoff?

anyone else think this would have been the perfect year for a playoff? there is no clear #1 or #2 team

usc showed they could make a case against illinois
    same with uga and wvu

before the bowls started ou had a case too

think if it was 8 teams---6 bcs conference champs, and 2 wildcards

wvu, osu, usc, lsu, vt, ou are the champs
    uga, and either mizzou/hawaii as the wildcards

you could have some great games

cred 2 BoneKrusher

we can only hope for a play off in the future. its really frustrating to see how much of a joke college football is becoming. this is one of the few years where i am actually in favor of having a split championship title.

Comment

EVERY year is a perfect year for the playoffs.

I ALWAYS hated the BCS.

Any system that has the title game decided by voting is IDIOTIC.

Comment

Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
        think if it was 8 teams---6 bcs conference champs, and 2 wildcards

wvu, osu, usc, lsu, vt, ou are the champs
        uga, and either mizzou/hawaii as the wildcards
        I think it should be the top 16 teams so you could have all conference winners and then some wild cards.

So...

#1 Ohio State vs. #16 Tennessee
        #2 LSU vs. #15 Clemson
        #3 Virginia Tech vs. #14 Boston College
        #4 Oklahoma vs. #13 Illinois
        #5 Georgia vs. #12 Florida
        #6 Missouri vs. #11 Arizona State
        #7 USC vs. #10 Hawaii
        #8 Kansas vs. #9 West Virginia

That'd be pretty nice..

Looking at those matchups....

OSU over UT, LSU over Clemson, VA Tech over BC, Oklahoma over Illinois, Georgia over Florida, Missouri over ASU, USC over Hawaii, WVU over Kansas

(Highest remaining vs. lowest remaining)

OSU over WVU, USC over LSU, Missouri over VA Tech, Georgia over Oklahoma

USC over OSU, Georgia over Missouri

USC over Georgia

Just a guess....

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
          I think it should be the top 16 teams so you could have all conference winners and then some wild cards.

So...

#2 LSU vs. #15 Clemson
          #7 USC vs. #10 Hawaii

That'd be pretty nice..

OSU over UT, LSU over Clemson, VA Tech over BC, Oklahoma over Illinois, Georgia over Florida, Missouri over ASU, USC over Hawaii, WVU over Kansas

USC over Georgia

Just a guess....
          Yeah, I like that format, but one of the biggest reasons NCAAF doesn't want the playoffs is because they don't want to add games.

I think a more realistic format is having top 8 teams make it and start at the quarterfinals.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxV View Post
            Yeah, I like that format, but one of the biggest reasons NCAAF doesn't want the playoffs is because they don't want to add games.

I think a more realistic format is having top 8 teams make it and start at the quarterfinals.

Doesn't make sense that "they don't want to add games" because they were able to do that for 1-AA, II, and III. Not saying you're wrong, but it's dumb logic by the NCAA.

I guess we do the top 8 ranked teams then, or six conference winners and 2 WC? Because if you're not the best team in your conference, how can you make a case for the best team in the country?

Comment

Just to say one thing, if there was a playoff, then WVU wouldn't be punished that much for losing to Pitt.

Originally posted by Halsey
              I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                EVERY year is a perfect year for the playoffs.

I ALWAYS hated the BCS.

Any system that has the title game decided by voting is IDIOTIC.
                Same here. I think every year this is an argument as to who should be in the national championship game and who shouldn't be.

Originally posted by Sniper26

So...

#2 LSU vs. #15 Clemson
                #7 USC vs. #10 Hawaii

That'd be pretty nice..

USC over Georgia

Just a guess....
                I would love a 16 team playoff but I think that is a tad bit unrealistic as it would make the season far longer than it already is. You have to make room for finals, Christmas break, travel time, game planning, and everything that goes into a playoff.

I think an 8, 10, 0r 12 team playoff would be ideal. In a 10 or 12 team playoff the #1 and #2 ranked teams get bye weeks just like in the NFL.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                WHO DAT!

Comment

the only years the bcs hasnt been an issue are miami-osu; tex-usc

those are the only 2 i remember

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                    Just to say one thing, if there was a playoff, then WVU wouldn't be punished that much for losing to Pitt.
                    you could say that about usc-stanford

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

well lets think about this. the NCAA's 3 biggest reasons for saying no to playoffs is because it would add games, would make the regular season less important, and weaken the reasoning behind division championships.

so in my opinion, to lessen the addition of the games, cut out the cream-puff weeks early in the season where teams like OSU go about whomping the youngstown states of the world. theres a week. then, cut out division championships for all the divisions. its not fair that team can run their division during the regular season only to lose to a team whos like 6-6 in the division championship game. also, use up all these extra weeks in between the end of the regular season and the important games.

and to keep the regular season and division standing important, make it an 8 team playoff with the 6 "big" division winners getting automatic bids plus 2 more at large teams.

and there we'd have it settled IMO

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                        well lets think about this. the NCAA's 3 biggest reasons for saying no to playoffs is because it would add games, would make the regular season less important, and weaken the reasoning behind division championships.
                        You forgot they are students and they have finals. They use that lame excuse as well.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

Wanna know why USC doesn't have a case? They lost to a 41 point underdog. At home. Just because they beat an Illinois team that probably shouldn't have been in the BCS to begin with doesn't mean they deserve a share of the title.

I'm sick of hearing about how much they deserve a split title. Next time they need to beat Stanford.

That being said..I seriously want a playoff.

Comment

I know everyone disagrees with me, but I don't want a playoff system. I like the BCS.

Comment

Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
                              you could say that about usc-stanford
                              I agree with that as well, but there would be a lot of coaches that just decide to rest their starters at the last game of the season in preparation for the playoffs.

Originally posted by Halsey
                              I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information