ESPN's 2008 top 25

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN's 2008 top 25

here it is I aggre with it for the most part. How bout you?

SPLOOSH

Switch USC and Oklahoma, & WVU should be a lot higher imo

Comment

These rankings are laughable. Missouri over USC??? Any ranking that doesnt have USC, Florida and Georgia in the top 3 is humerous. I dont care what order you place them in but I do feel those have to be the top 3 teams next year for the preseason polls.

Comment

The author of this article is acctually mistaken.

With Daryll Clark, who'll be a senior next season, slated to replace Morelli, offensive coordinator Galen Hall might opt for a spread attack in 2008.
        Acctually, Clark will be redshirt Junior next season.

Comment

i accept Illinois at 23, but they will climb higher than that during the season... Wisconsin is way too high in my opinion though.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
            i accept Illinois at 23, but they will climb higher than that during the season... Wisconsin is way too high in my opinion though.
            Honestly I was shocked to see us that high. I think we can climb up there, but we don't really deserve it to start the season. The defense is a huge question mark. We'll have a very inexperienced secondary that will give up big plays. Offensively we're pretty much set though. The RB group that we have is outstanding. PJ Hill, Lance Smith, Zach Brown, and now John Clay should join in the mix.

Comment

seeing USC at 5 is enough for me to dismiss these rankings, I didn't even look past that

Comment

Thats about right for VT when you look at their schedule.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....

Comment

Eh, #8 is fair enough for LSU because of concerns about the defense. I actually think the offense will be even better with Perrilloux and Keiland instead of Flynn & Hester. But yeah, the defense is cause for a little concern...
                  The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

I will guarantee that Clemson does not lose less than 3 games next year.

Comment

Virginia Tech. is much too high. Our offense should be better, but we are losing at least 7 starters on one of the top defenses the top 3 years. If Macho Harris leaves we will only be returning 3 defensive starters, those being the worst on our defense except Kam Chancellor. I mean the Martin brothers are fine but not at the top of our defense. And our special team return men Eddie Royal and Josh Morgan are leaving. Losing our top 4 wide receivers. Florida State, Clemson, and Virginia should all be stiff competitors in the ACC.

On the bright side four out of five players on the offensive line will return, Tyrod Taylor's role should definitely increase and he will improve, Sean Glennon improved last year, and Brandon Ore should return. And explosive runningback true freshman Ryan Williams should get a lot of time next year.
                      Virginia Tech.
                      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

wvu way to low

reynaud can come back

defense loses several starters, but we rotate a lot, so they new guys have tons of playing time; plus they are a lot more athletic

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

no california golden bears, dang.

no nate longshore should at least shoot you up rankings about 5-10 spots.

Comment

I can't understand for the life of me why USC is 5? i mean, its not as though Sanchez is a total question mark as he started in 3 games last season and looked great. I actually think with our defense pretty much all returning except for Sedrick Ellis and Lawarence Jackson we will lose nobody. I mean, even Lawarence Jackson is being replaced by Everson Griffin who i think has the potential to be one of the top defensive ends next year. We only really lose Sam Baker on the O-line and he has been so injured this year it wont make any difference.

Offensively I think USC will be much better than this year. I like Sanchez as a QB more than Booty and I definately like McKnight and Stafon better than Chauncey so the offense should be way better than last year. With Damien Williams coming on and Turner, Hazelton and Ausberry improving and WR we should be good. I really believe next year's SC team will be significantly better than this years team.

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
                              no california golden bears, dang.

no nate longshore should at least shoot you up rankings about 5-10 spots.
                              Ha, Riley deserves to start over Longshore if he does good in summer camp.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information