Next Seasons Heisman?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Seasons Heisman?

Who do you think should have the Heisman hype going into next season?

My list goes:
    Pat White
    Chase Daniel
    some USC player = Sanchez, McKnight, Stafon Johnson
    Beanie Wells

DJKHfhuifhaif, stupid red X. It's a picture of Perrilloux doing his best Ed Smith.
    Last edited by TPFKA#1SaintsFan; 01-11-2008, 08:15 PM.
    The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Obviously the Sophomore QB who just won the thing Tim Tebow

a few others that you didn't mention

Knowshown Mareno RB Georgia
      Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech
      Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma

Comment

Matt Grothe!

(I can't even tell if I'm being sarcastic.)

Comment

I don't think Tebow will get as many rushing touchdowns next year with Moody coming on the team, I think all Tebow's 1-5 yard touchdown runs are gonna go to Moody a lot more, and in 2009 I forsee Tebow entering the draft, so I don't see Tim winning it again.

This year Chris Wells was hurt and didn't get that many carries early in the year, plus his ability to set up his blocks wasn't so hot early on, and then became amazing later in the year. I think if Tressel runs Beanie 20+ times per game all next year and then about 25-35 times a game at the end of the year then Beanie can realisticaly get to the 1800 yard/20 TD mark, but that's an amazing feat and Beanie needs to have an Eddie George like year to get that. If he does that and we win all our games then Beanie will win the heisman probably. I say the top 3 frontrunners are Tebow, Beanie, and Chase Daniel.

Comment

I too don't see Tebow winning it again, although he deserves to be one of the front-runners, if not the favorite.

Comment

Meyer has said he wants to use a 2 QB system next year. Newton will probably take a lot of carries away from Tebow. I still think he is the preseason favorite though.

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                Meyer has said he wants to use a 2 QB system next year. Newton will probably take a lot of carries away from Tebow. I still think he is the preseason favorite though.
                what? why would he do that??

Comment

Even if he doesn't use 2 QBs, Florida's defense will be better so they won't be playing aggressive offense in the 4th qtr as much, they will have someone else running the ball other than Tebow and Harvin (Moody) to take the TDs on the ground away as well as a LOT of the yards, and the chances of Tebow doing a 2007-like season again aren't too high considering it's never been done before.

Comment

So he can keep his star QB healthy?

That is correct comahan
                    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                    <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by TouchdownUSC View Post
                      Who do you think should have the Heisman hype going into next season?

My list goes:
                      Pat White
                      Chase Daniel
                      some USC player = Sanchez, McKnight, Stafon Johnson
                      Beanie Wells
                      What has Sanchez done to warrent Heisman consideration? Same with Stafon Johnson?

Comment

Originally posted by TouchdownUSC View Post
                        what? why would he do that??
                        Meyer knows Tebow won't stay too long so it's in his best long term interests as coach to develop the QB of the future

Comment

Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
                          What has Sanchez done to warrent Heisman consideration? Same with Stafon Johnson?
                          Really you dont think Stafon Johnson is worthy? i mean, i can see the arguement about Mark Sanchez but in some cases you can argue Stafon might have a bigger year than Joe McKnight.

Comment

Pat White - Should get more pass yards since Stewart is willing to throw more, and of course he will get his rush yards
                            Percy Harvin - I fully expect him to blow up after this off year
                            Sam Bradord - He is surrounded by talent, great rb, wr, te, and oline
                            Beanie Wells - Lost the NC game but i think everyone gets the idea
                            Chase Daniel - I dont expect much improvement, but a similar season
                            Knowshon Moreno - Georgia should be a great team and he will be leading them in the ground game
                            Lesean McCoy - He does everything and will be the Pitt offense
                            DeMarcco Murray - He's a threat to score everytime he touches the ball
                            Cullen Harper - Had a very underrated year, should improve with Spiller helping carry the load
                            and a small schooler - Dan LeFevour - His stats where better than Tebow's this year except in tds, but he still had over 40

I left Maclin, Crabtree off this list because i think they will hit the soph slump, teams will focus on them more. I dont see Tebow back to back.

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information