The Next 'Elite' Program

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Next 'Elite' Program

What team do you see becoming the next 'elite' college football program? I meen a program that consistantly challenges for a BSC birth and generally grabs 10+ wins a season. There are programs on the verge such as West Virginia, Virginia Tech., and Wisconsin. Then there are teams who appear to be on the verge but haven't done it consistently, like Missouri, Clemson, Kansas, South Florida, Rutgers, and Illinois.

All of them have questions. West Virginia lost its coach and has had success with the duo of Pat White and Steve Slaton, can it do it without them? Virginia Tech. puts up wins but loses the big games. Wisconsin can not get past Michigan and Ohio State. The rest have short lived success but look to have potential.

I am a Virginia Tech. fan so I am biased and will go in a different direction. I like South Florida. Although they choked big in the bowl game it is all there. Tons of Florida talent, Miami and Florida State have been underperforming and recruits might start looking at South Florida, and the Big East is weak.
    Virginia Tech.
    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

South Florida is getting a elite program. They will have 10 or 11 wins this year. Watch out the Maryland Terrapins. They improve a bit every year.

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
    1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
    2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
    3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
    3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
    4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
    5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
    6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
    7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union

Comment

wvu

we're fine for the next couple years; brown and devine after next year; then bradley starks (4* qb), devine, and terrance kerns (4* rb)

plus, some of the coaches we have hired are very good recruiters---doc holliday (one of the best), david lockwood (one of uk's best), chris beatty (very good in the va tidewater area; percy harvin's hs coach)

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Alabama under Saban has to be a good candidate. WVU is on the verge of elite right now, but they hired Bill Stewart...
        I'm a state.

Comment

stewarts gonna be more of a ceo type; let his assisstants do the play calling/coaching

something the egomanic up north didnt know how to do

and he outcoached bob stoops

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

I think its gonna be Missouri within just a few years, the pieces are in lace and they have started to recruit a lot better recently.

Another possibility is South Carolina, they dissappointed this year but they have loaded up on talent and Spurrier is a great coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
              I think its gonna be Missouri within just a few years, the pieces are in lace and they have started to recruit a lot better recently.

Another possibility is South Carolina, they dissappointed this year but they have loaded up on talent and Spurrier is a great coach.
              Hey, I was thinking on both!

Also, Georgia and North Carolina (maybe that's the UNC homer on me...)

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
              1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
              2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
              3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
              3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
              4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
              5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
              6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
              7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots16-0 View Post
                Hey, I was thinking on both!

Also, Georgia and North Carolina (maybe that's the UNC homer on me...)
                Georgia? (10)
                I'm a state.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots16-0 View Post
                  South Florida is getting a elite program. They will have 10 or 11 wins this year. Watch out the Maryland Terrapins. They improve a bit every year.
                  ehhhh, I won't go that far. We need Big DT or else every RB with a big line will run for 200+(Rice, Stewart) on us. I'll say 9 solid.

Comment

Maybe not Challenge for the NC every year...

But Florida Atlantic is taking off.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

UCLA

With the Nieuheisal (sp) hiring they will be back too. I am not a fan but the should give USC a run for their money for awhile.

Comment

UCONN is starting to get some good recruiting classes, I don't think they will be elite but will have some top 10 teams in the future
                        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                          Maybe not Challenge for the NC every year...

But Florida Atlantic is taking off.
                          Yeah, I only question how much longer will Schnellenberger be there and if his successor can keep them moving forward. However, they're definitely in the right direction.

Comment

Illinois is well on its way to becoming a top tier program... not elite, but top tier.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

What about ASU people??? =D

Originally posted by Halsey
                              I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information