Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Mallet to play in 2008?

http://www.statesman.com/sports/cont...sptdigest.html

Arkansas will ask the NCAA to allow transfer quarterback Ryan Mallett to play immediately for the Razorbacks without sitting out a year. Mallett transferred from Michigan after Rich Rodriguez replaced retiring coach Lloyd Carr. Mallett went to high school on the Texas side of Texarkana, but lived on the Arkansas side.

Be pretty interesting if he didnt have to sit out a season

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

I am sure the NCAA will deny the waiver. There really isn’t an extenuating circumstance here and a new coach’s offense isn’t a real excuse for him to gain eligibility in ’08. If they let this slide it will send the wrong message to the rest of the collegiate athletes.

Comment

This is going to get denied. Coaches leave for other jobs and retire every single year. Ryan Mallett isn't special. I don't see why he should get an exemption when no one else does.

Comment

i think this will cause a law suit... they could use the same argument Mike Williams and Maurice Clarett used when they wanted to enter the draft, something along the lines of "it is affecting their ability to make a living etc..."

they'd likely argue that the year on the bench for Mallett would be affecting his pro potential or some garbage like that...

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

whatever he can just redshirt...but I understand he wants to play right away

Comment

no chance of happening.

Comment

It'd be pretty sick for Arkansas, but again, I don't see it happening.

Here's a good question, how often has this happened in the past? I can't think of any cases where this has occurred recently. Doesn't mean it hasn't, but I can't recall of any off hand.
              (shameless self-promotion)
              Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
              https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

How is the NCAA even allowing this complaint. What makes Petrino so special that his transfers dont have to sit out.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Petrino is excited about Mallett getting under center already
                  Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 02-08-2008, 12:23 AM.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

0% chance i would love to see it happen though...

Comment

http://everythreeweekly.com/category/show_story/1147
                      Cheers to Michigan winters...

Comment

that'd be interesting, i'll say 3 % chance of happening

Comment

good luck to Mallett, sucks he has to deal with transfering

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by BrentN View Post
                            good luck to Mallett, sucks he has to deal with transfering
                            Yet it really doesn't suck, because he didn't "have" to deal with transferring. He could have stayed at Michigan. Just because RR ran a spread option at WVU doesn't mean he would have at Michigan. In fact, in his press conference he said he would not be running a spread option(this was of course when Mallett was at Michigan. I have little doubt he'll run the spread option now)

Originally posted by Jakey
                            WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                              Yet it really doesn't suck, because he didn't "have" to deal with transferring. He could have stayed at Michigan. Just because RR ran a spread option at WVU doesn't mean he would have at Michigan. In fact, in his press conference he said he would not be running a spread option(this was of course when Mallett was at Michigan. I have little doubt he'll run the spread option now)
                              He went to UM thinking that he was going to play for Carr, not RR.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information