More Perrilloux News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Perrilloux News

There's quite a bit of smoke coming from several LSU message boards indicating that QB Ryan Perrilloux has left the Tigers football team.

While I have to urge a HUGE grain of salt, the reports go something like this....

Due to an ongoing dispute between Perrilloux's mother and LSU -- potentially stemming from Ryan's mother trying to shake down the school -- the projected starting quarterback has cleaned out his locker and left the team. Perrilloux reportedly missed a team meeting this week, but his absence is clouded by reports that Perrilloux was attending his father's funeral.

The only aspect that does not seem to be in dispute is that Ryan Perrilloux has cleaned out his locker.

WDSU-TV in New Orleans is reporting the rumors that Perrilloux quit the team, but -- so far -- there's no comment from Perrilloux or the Tigers.

This could be exactly what the rumors say it is, or it could be a confused kid who just lost his father acting out.

Either way, I think we're nearing some kind of school record on off-the-field headlines.

UPDATE

I'm hearing a little more backstory now (which is starting to make this rumor seem more credible, but -- again -- I cannot confirm just yet because no one will comment officially)...

Apparently Perrilloux and the coaching staff have an understanding about certain things that QB must do to stay in LSU's good graces. This all stems from his previous track record. Allegedly broke this agreement 2-3 times in the last two weeks and was threatened with suspension or outright suspended from the team. It is believed that one of the issues was class attendance, missing a team appointment and the other was related to him going somewhere he wasn't supposed to be. So... the coaches met with Perrilloux and the suspension talk came up. This conversation apparently led to Perrilloux's mother threatening to pull the QB off the team. Very shortly thereafter, Perrilloux's father left passed away and the QB has not been with the team on campus since then.

That's the update. Still looking for some confirmations, although I understand that everyone at LSU is hesitant to say anything about the situation given the emotions of all involved as well as Perrilloux history of brush-ups with the coaching staff. There may not be an officially comment until Les Miles decides what that comment will be.
    http://www.fanblogs.com/lsu/007501.php
    Last edited by Rich Jr; 02-17-2008, 07:56 PM.

Man...Horrible news for LSU. They'll be scrambling for a QB next year if they can't get a transfer.

Comment

wow Perriloux leaves, who takes over?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Well we have 2 options. Andrew Hatch who's Crowton's golden boy. Knows the system and invited him to transfer and earned a scholarship.

The other is 4* RS Freshman Jarrett Lee. He's going to be special but may not be ready.

Comment

14 Andrew Hatch QB 6-3 214
          12 Jarrett Lee QB 6-2 211
          17 T.C. McCartney QB 6-3 202
          13 Jimmy Welker QB 6-3 229

These are the other QB's I see on the ESPN roster but I have no idea about who they are.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Oh boy. Come up to PSU where you can run with it for us.

SEriously though, thats rough news. losing such a talent like that. In a way I hope its not true, but darn, tough stuff.

Comment

Dude never had any sort of restrictions in his life. He's never had to follow rules. He's been allowed to do what he's wanted. That's why he was going to UT when Saban was here. Saban was a hard ass. Now Miles is cracking down and he ain't down with the rules. He's a tremendous talent but i'm tired of the BS. It's not hard, follow the rules or get out.

Comment

Also kind of breaks up a line of good QB's
                Josh Booty
                Rohan Davey
                Matt Mauck
                Jamarcus Russell
                Matt Flynn
                ?

Comment

So much talent, but what a headcase. LSU will get used to this kind of thing with PJ on board though.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                    So much talent, but what a headcase. LSU will get used to this kind of thing with PJ on board though.
                    Please PJ played the recruiting game. RP is just a head case. You can't even compare the 2.

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                      Also kind of breaks up a line of good QB's
                      Josh Booty
                      Rohan Davey
                      Matt Mauck
                      Jamarcus Russell
                      Matt Flynn
                      ?
                      Good QB's and Josh Booty should never be in the same sentence/post ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Jr View Post
                        Please PJ played the recruiting game. RP is just a head case. You can't even compare the 2.
                        No, PJ is a headcase, but I was joking/trolling with that last comment. They`re probably not comparable though, you`re right.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                          No, PJ is a headcase, but I was joking/trolling with that last comment. They`re probably not comparable though, you`re right.
                          If they are then 2 different head cases. RP was more behavioral issues.

Comment

Good QB's and Josh Booty should never be in the same sentence/post ever.
                            haha, well drafted QB's, Matt Flynn hasnt been drafted but i think he could be a 6th or 7th

Josh Booty 6th Round
                            Rohan Davey 4th Round
                            Matt Mauck 7th Round
                            Jamarcus Russell 1st Round
                            Matt Flynn

Comment

If they are then 2 different head cases. RP was more behavioral issues.
                              I was thinking more along the lines of lacking a brain (RP). The things he said about Vince Young and JaMarcus Russell coming out of HS were laughable.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information