Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The WAC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The WAC

    This past year i became a bit of a Hawaii fan and i found this article on Rivals talking about WAC teams Spring Preview
    http://collegefootball.rivals.com/co...asp?CID=782469
    Anyone think the WAC will send another team to a BCS bowl?
    Boise St will have their 3rd QB in 3 years
    Hawaii loses 4 WR's, Colt and June Jones. They are apparently running the same O and Graunke should be a solid replacement, IMO.
    Im not sure if any team in the conference can do it this year



    Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

  • #2
    Graunke got suspended. Funaki is currently the number one. He gives Hawaii's offense more options seeing that he is twice as mobile as Colt Brennan was. How he throws will be question.


    Comment


    • #3
      dang, what was Graunke suspended for? I heard from D-Unit that Funaki was good too



      Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

      Comment


      • #4
        Graunke broke some sort of team rule, I'll get the link to you in a minute. Funaki is really talented. Definitely adds the scrambling dimension to Hawaii's offense. I really want to see him succeed.


        Comment


        • #5
          I think I heard towards the end of last year that Fresno State was going to be the team to beat in the WAC this year. Whether that means running the table and making it to the BCS, I would guess probably not.
          Originally posted by BamaFalcon59
          Open minded is eggs and hot sauce (trading down for Leodis McKelvin, something like that). Stupid is ketchup mixed with milk (that would be drafting Chris Long at three).

          Comment


          • #6
            The WAC is always a toss up. Boise State been really consistent with it. Hawaii and Fresno State come in as a close second and third. Just matters who's returning who in the given year. Hawaii is losing way too much talent in key positions to run the tables outright. Boise State is gonna have their 3rd QB in the 3 years but Ian Johnson returns to lighten the load. Don't know much about Fresno, but if they have consistent QB play like Paul Pinnegar in 05 they should be really tough to beat.

            My darkhorse is Nevada. I don't know if Lippencott is coming back but if he does, they will have a tough ground game to stop. The progression of QB Colin Kaepernick will also have a big role in how Nevada does.


            Comment


            • #7
              No need to worry about our QB situation. We have a redshirt freshman who is LIGHTING up spring ball, Kelllen Moore. One of our highest recruits ever and broke the Washington State record for TD passes in year(around 60 I believe). As long he can get a good feeling of Coach Pete's offense then he should thrive. If we feel that he should wait Mike Coughlin will start.

              Running back we are stacked at. With countless RBs that could share the load. I think Ian is going to have a pretty rough year due to lack of carries. Really only concern is our defense. Lost Scandrick and LB core is still pretty weak and same goes for DL.

              Still BSU should win the WAC but I cant see us going to a BCS bowl.
              Originally posted by STARHEATHER
              the only hot actreeses are adult
              Originally posted by A Perfect Score
              players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
              Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz

              Comment


              • #8
                I see BSU winning the WAC this year but to me it's to hard to tell if they would be able to make a BCS bowl game and if they did I do not they would be as lucky as they were in the their first BCS apperance. I think that BSU is basicly going to dominate the WAC for years and years but i believe that the only way that they are going to improve their program and gain more respect around the NCAA is if they start playing good non-confrence opponents. Like good teams in the pac-10, Big 12, Big 10 and the SEC.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Any new info on that Graunke suspension?

                  Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ChezPower4 View Post
                    I see BSU winning the WAC this year but to me it's to hard to tell if they would be able to make a BCS bowl game and if they did I do not they would be as lucky as they were in the their first BCS apperance. I think that BSU is basicly going to dominate the WAC for years and years but i believe that the only way that they are going to improve their program and gain more respect around the NCAA is if they start playing good non-confrence opponents. Like good teams in the pac-10, Big 12, Big 10 and the SEC.
                    Well in the past we have been a lose-lose to most teams meaning if they beat us doesnt mean anything, but If we beat them it is devastating. BSU finally has a little respect. We have a lot of Pac 10 games in the future even the Huskies coming to our home turf.

                    This season we even open against a weak Oregon team.
                    Originally posted by STARHEATHER
                    the only hot actreeses are adult
                    Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                    players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
                    Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Primetime21 View Post
                      Well in the past we have been a lose-lose to most teams meaning if they beat us doesnt mean anything, but If we beat them it is devastating. BSU finally has a little respect. We have a lot of Pac 10 games in the future even the Huskies coming to our home turf.

                      This season we even open against a weak Oregon team.
                      I wouldn't ever call oregon weak they strugled without Dixion last year but i don't think they will have a problem betting BSU

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        My money would be on BYU getting the "BCS Buster" tag.

                        It's a little early for that kind of prediction though.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by RedVision View Post
                          My money would be on BYU getting the "BCS Buster" tag.

                          It's a little early for that kind of prediction though.
                          They sure are poised to do it. Returning the starting QB who did a great job last year. Newcomer of the year, Freshmen All-American, Freshmen school and conference rushing records holder Harvey Unga. All three starting WRs. Team leading in yards TE. The whole offensive line. The defense will be the question.


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by RedVision View Post
                            My money would be on BYU getting the "BCS Buster" tag.

                            It's a little early for that kind of prediction though.
                            Favorites to win the WAC, yes. BCS team, no.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                              Favorites to win the WAC, yes. BCS team, no.
                              BYU isnt in the WAC.
                              Originally posted by STARHEATHER
                              the only hot actreeses are adult
                              Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                              players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
                              Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information