No announcement yet.

Florida State in 2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He played for a while, he earned his millions, i'd say he's satisfied.

Comment

I would not say that he had a trashy career. It was an okay career with the NBA, but he could have done better in the NFL. Oh well, he did get his money.

I remembered that the main reason he entered the NBA because he wanted to be a QB in the NFL, but didn't get that feedback from the teams during that time ;-)

Okay, enough with him :-) On with the future... I have not seen LSU much, so what kind of offense that was played under Jimbo ? With Chuck back as LB coach, how would the D play ?

Comment

I don't really like Chuck Amato. His defense's never seemed to play with taht elite passion you get from coaches like Mikey Andrews. He's a defensive guru with the front 7 though. Turned Mario Williams into a no-name player into #1 overall pick. Also produced Tank Tyler, Manny Lawson, and many more. Chuck is like the defensive/college version of Norv Turner. Excellent teacher, motivation is terrible, and that results to terrible head coach. Terrific coordinator, but terrible HC. Expect a lot of FSU first rounders from the DL, and LB in the years he's here.

Comment

isn't geno hayes a beast? I thought he was better than timmons.

Comment

Originally posted by edge_V View Post
            isn't geno hayes a beast? I thought he was better than timmons.
            Yes sir, yes he is. He's faster, more instinctive, and a better tackler. Geno Hayes will be teh first LB selected in the year he comes out.

Comment

4th best team in florida

Jags:8-8
              Duke B-Ball:22-10
              Florida Gators: 13-1 BCS Champs
              4/16/07 R.I.P VT
              sig by jackalope

Comment

i got em 6th in the acc

Miami
                Virgina Tech
                Boston College
                Wake Forest
                Maryland
                Flordia St

Comment

Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
                  I don't really like Chuck Amato. His defense's never seemed to play with taht elite passion you get from coaches like Mikey Andrews. He's a defensive guru with the front 7 though. Turned Mario Williams into a no-name player into #1 overall pick. Also produced Tank Tyler, Manny Lawson, and many more. Chuck is like the defensive/college version of Norv Turner. Excellent teacher, motivation is terrible, and that results to terrible head coach. Terrific coordinator, but terrible HC. Expect a lot of FSU first rounders from the DL, and LB in the years he's here.

ehhhhh, Mario Williams was a pretty good recruit, if anything turned him into the number 1 pick it was NC State's weight room and conditioning coaches. But then again, you knock his players for not playing with the same passion as Mickey Andrews players, but under FSU's defense is always commiting stupid penalties that hurt them, or give up big plays because they play too passionately and over pursue. Amato needs to be there to balance it out. Anyways, Chuck wasn't a terrible head coach at all. NC State was damn good with Rivers and whooped our ass a couple times. They couldn't find anyone to play consistent at QB after Rivers and that was his downfall.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information