2008 Suprise Teams?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Suprise Teams?

Who is a possible suprise team for the 2008 season and why?

Miami, and not because I'm a homer, but because our division should be very easy. We should be able to walk into the ACC championship game, but what happens after that is up in the air.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Here are my surprise teams for each conference:

ACC: Virginia. They have been teetering on the edge of making a major impact, but the Cavaliers have some players.

Big East: Pitt - USF, Louisville, and WVU should all be on top, but Pitt is getting their big time recruits into the game, and they may make a jump to the top of the Big East.

Big Ten: Penn State. Can you call them a surprise? Maybe not, but they've had some down years. I like Clark at QB, and even with their losses, they may have a major impact.

Big 12: Colorado. They are always in the running, but the Big 12 is at an up year. Colorado could pull through.

Pac-10: Washington. Locker is legit, and that offense could be downright nasty.

SEC: Mississippi State. They took a small leap, could they take a bigger one?

Follow Me on Twitter!
      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

You forgot the MAC

MAC-Temple 8-4 wins it all

Comment

Colorado & Arizona State

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
            Here are my surprise teams for each conference:

ACC: Virginia. They have been teetering on the edge of making a major impact, but the Cavaliers have some players.

Big East: Pitt - USF, Louisville, and WVU should all be on top, but Pitt is getting their big time recruits into the game, and they may make a jump to the top of the Big East.

Big Ten: Penn State. Can you call them a surprise? Maybe not, but they've had some down years. I like Clark at QB, and even with their losses, they may have a major impact.

Big 12: Colorado. They are always in the running, but the Big 12 is at an up year. Colorado could pull through.

Pac-10: Washington. Locker is legit, and that offense could be downright nasty.

SEC: Mississippi State. They took a small leap, could they take a bigger one?
            I don't know about Virginia, they've had a turbulent off season.

Pitt I definitly agree with, I think Cincy will surprise as well, on paper their defence looks real solid.

In the Big Ten I think Wisconsin will have a nice year. Their running game should be very strong, Beckum will once again provide that terrific option in the passing game and if their D can establish some good play in the interior of their line they could win 9 games.
            10 Favourite prospects for 2010: Colt McCoy, Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, Noel Devine, Ndamukong Suh, Greg Hardy, Eric Norwood, Travis Lewis, Eric Berry, Trevard Lindley

Comment

Colorado: Cody Hawkins, a better offensive line, Darrell Scott, the development of the young players who started last year. Stingy Defense

Comment

Not a surprise to me but Miami will rise to the top again this year

Comment

Locker is not legit. He ranked near the bottom in all passing categories in the PAC-10 last season.

Originally posted by Halsey
                  I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                    Locker is not legit. He ranked near the bottom in all passing categories in the PAC-10 last season.
                    ya he is definitely overrated not sure what people see in him

Comment

My picks are Miami and Pitt, both will have good running games

Comment

how about Central Michigan?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                          how about Central Michigan?
                          Stop that Temple will take care of them in the MAC champ game.

Comment

Notre Dame, very favorable schedule this year.
                            Chinese Democracy starts on November 23rd 2008!!!

Comment

I'll go with Stanford. I think they'll make a bowl game this year under a good coach and a well-balanced team.

I will also say that LSU will struggle to win 8 games.

Originally posted by Halsey
                              I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information