Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Graig Coopers Potential

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Graig Coopers Potential

    Saw some highlights of the Miami spring game today and i was very impressed with Graig Coopers performance. What is his potential like...Heisman? Future in NFL? Is he good enough to be Elite? Dont no much about him...


  • #2
    He's got 1st round pick written all over him. Kid is an absolute monster. He's thin in the picture above, He has since bulked up and is now about 5'11 and 200-205. He is a burner and is easily our biggest game breaker and offensive threat.

    Watch out for him to blow up this season.

    Comment


    • #3
      The Heisman belongs to Best.
      "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

      Comment


      • #4
        I doubt he gets the Heisman because it's all politics, but 1000+ yards should be fairly easy for him to get even if he is splitting carries with James and he definitely looks like another 1st round RB for Miami

        Comment


        • #5
          i searched him on google and i checked him out on scout.com and he only got 3 stars coming out of high school i was surprised.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
            i searched him on google and i checked him out on scout.com and he only got 3 stars coming out of high school i was surprised.
            The Miami coaches have done him wonders, he always had the potential but he only weighed about 180 coming in and was timed as slow as a 4.6, completely different person it seems now

            Comment


            • #7
              what you think his 40 is now low 4.4's?

              Comment


              • #8
                Why do people dislike Javaris James so much? Seems like a real solid runningback.
                Virginia Tech.
                ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

                Next Up: 2012

                Comment


                • #9
                  He only got 3* coming out of HS but he did a year of Prep and was a 5* when he signed with Miami.

                  He is now 5'11, about 200 and runs in the 4.4's. He can make people miss like no one else too.

                  Bama, no one dislikes JJ. He is going to be our starter next season and is a hell of a back. He just doesn't possess the potential or playmaking abilities of Coop.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I have to say i really wasnt surprised that Cooper is as good as he is now, he really excites me, and is very quick.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
                      what you think his 40 is now low 4.4's?
                      ya something like a 4.42-4.45, but of course the 40 time is iffy, it all comes down to technique and sometimes guys play faster than they run because they can carry the pads well

                      Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                      Why do people dislike Javaris James so much? Seems like a real solid runningback.
                      I think dislike is the wrong word, we are just so intrigued with Cooper's potential as a game breaker that James sometimes gets pushed aside.

                      James' game compares to what his cousin is doing right now with the Cardinals, nothing spectacular but he gets the job done, while Cooper I think reminds us all of the 01'-03' RB's like Portis, McGahee & Gore

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Ehh...I don't love his NFL potential. He has a nice frame, good vision (most of the time), and he's very quick and elusive. I like his running style as well as he has a low center of gravity and cuts very easily. The main problem with Cooper is that he's a speed back that doesn't have top-end speed or breakaway speed really. He's no Spiller or Chris Johnson when it comes to long runs, and Lee Chambers (rFr) is better at going the distance. I think a good comparison for him at the NFL level would be Tiki Barber, but I don't think his vision is anywhere near his level.

                        I think JJ will be our offensive MVP this year. He's bulked up and improved his speed and we will pound the ball with him to set up the pass. He's our most reliable player on offense on a team of largely freshmen and sophomores. At this point our wide receivers are dropping to many passes and none have emerged from the pack of mediocrity, so expect us to run the **** out of teams early in the season. We might use Michigan's gameplan against UF....pound the rock and throw the short pass to our playmakers.

                        On a side note, our coaches really want us to involve the backs and tight ends in the passing game. If JJ keeps dropping passes his carries might diminish as he gets taken off the field.

                        sig by BoneKrusher

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Cooper doesn't have top end speed but he has plenty enough to break one of the distance. What makes him elite is his quickness. He bounces it outside and makes his cuts effortlessly. He has by far some of the quickest junks I've seen recently. I think he's got more pro potential then JJ. JJ is solid at lots of things but really doesn't excell at any one area. He's gonna be a good back for us but our gamebreaker is definately Coop. Coaches are working on making sure Coop gets 20 touches a game this season. He might not be an every down back in the NFL but he definately has potential to be a one of the leagues better pass catching options, as well as a committe guy and 3rd down back. he reminds me alot of DeAngelo Williams when he was coming out.

                          Also don't sleep on our WRs. They did struggle during the Spring game but there was supposedly lights out during the rest of the spring. Aldarius dropped 2 passes in the game but was know as glue hands in HS. I don't think a guy called glue hands suddenly can't catch anything. He had a down day. It happens. Shields never had the ball throw his way either so you can't really judge his performance. I think you'll see those 2 step up during the season. WR is definately a work in progress but don't think this is the same pathetic core we had last year, Aubrey Hill is supposedly turning the young guys like Hankerson, AJ and Sheilds into real threats. If you see Khalil Jones or Ryan Hill on the field during a big game, then worry. Until then, just give it time, these kids have alot of talent.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by etk View Post
                            Ehh...I don't love his NFL potential. He has a nice frame, good vision (most of the time), and he's very quick and elusive. I like his running style as well as he has a low center of gravity and cuts very easily. The main problem with Cooper is that he's a speed back that doesn't have top-end speed or breakaway speed really. He's no Spiller or Chris Johnson when it comes to long runs, and Lee Chambers (rFr) is better at going the distance. I think a good comparison for him at the NFL level would be Tiki Barber, but I don't think his vision is anywhere near his level.

                            I think JJ will be our offensive MVP this year. He's bulked up and improved his speed and we will pound the ball with him to set up the pass. He's our most reliable player on offense on a team of largely freshmen and sophomores. At this point our wide receivers are dropping to many passes and none have emerged from the pack of mediocrity, so expect us to run the **** out of teams early in the season. We might use Michigan's gameplan against UF....pound the rock and throw the short pass to our playmakers.

                            On a side note, our coaches really want us to involve the backs and tight ends in the passing game. If JJ keeps dropping passes his carries might diminish as he gets taken off the field.
                            How can you say Chambers is a better breakaway threat? He hasn't played at all. Are you talking Shawnbrey McNeal?

                            As far as Coop's NFL potential, it's certainly there. He has excellent agility and acceleration. His top end speed isn't incredible, but better than most IMO. He reminds me more of a guy like Julius Jones then anyone else.
                            "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by djp4516 View Post
                              How can you say Chambers is a better breakaway threat? He hasn't played at all. Are you talking Shawnbrey McNeal?
                              Chambers is gonna make you eat those words in a few years. He's got more upside then just about any RB on the roster. Just because he hasn't played doesn't mean he doesn't have talent.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information