Breakout Sophmores of 08?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakout Sophmores of 08?

So who will be the breakout sophs this season? If they already had a great freshman year, they do not qualify. IE Joe McKnight, Michael Crabtree, ect.

After LSU's spring game I'll have to go with Richard Murphy. 145 yards rushing 2 TDs and a 50+ yard receiving TD.

Chad Jones should breakout too. Played real well in the small amount of time he had last year. Gonna be a monster starting at safety this season.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Central Michigan WR Antonio Brown

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Carlos Dunlap is poised for a breakthrough year.
      10 Favourite prospects for 2010: Colt McCoy, Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, Noel Devine, Ndamukong Suh, Greg Hardy, Eric Norwood, Travis Lewis, Eric Berry, Trevard Lindley

Comment

The Cal duo of Kevin Riley & Jahvid Best.

Comment

The same two players I talked about in the other thread for UGA LB Rennie Curran and S Rashard Jones.

Comment

Vondrell McGee out of Texas. He's probably the only guy on the roster who can handle a full load. He's a great inside and short yardage runner, and will most likely rack up the TD numbers being the number 1 guy. He's not nearly as explosive as Charles, but he'll get his carries and churn up the yardage.

Comment

Martez Wilson, Josh Brent, Arrelious Benn (You haven't seen anything yet wait until his shoulder is healed) with other Illinois notables such as Miami Thomas and Brian Gamble. Travon Bellamy as well but he is a '06 recruit who redshirted this past year after hurting himself in the preseason.

Comment

Thaddeus Gibson to be sure.

Comment

For Michigan, I'd say CB Donovan Warren. He was on pretty much every freshman All-American team last year. He's an outstanding man to man corner and has been lights out in spring practice.

Other candidates for Michigan include SLB/MLB Obi Ezeh who is only in his second year as a LB but did pretty well when thrust into duty at MLB last year. Also, receivers Toney Clemons and Junior Hemingway have a lot of potential and could be gamebreakers on O with a decent QB/OL.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                    The Cal duo of Kevin Riley & Jahvid Best.
                    I'll second that.. Jahvid Best is a beast!

Comment

keep an eye out for Chris Rainey, RB at UF. He's a little bitty guy (5'9" maybe), but I saw him play in HS and he's the fastest thing I've ever seen. Might be better than Harvin. Was hurt last year, but could wind up the starter this time.

Comment

I think Ole Miss LB Chris Strong will have a great year. Was a big time LB recruit but Orgeron had him gain 30 pounds to play UT for reasons unknown, now he is down to 240 and is slated to start at SLB.

Comment

Isn't Oklahoma's DeMarco Murray technically a sophomore?
                          Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

Stephon Green-Actually a RS Frosh, but he's technically a sophomore

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
                            Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)

Comment

Originally posted by sprawwl View Post
                              keep an eye out for Chris Rainey, RB at UF. He's a little bitty guy (5'9" maybe), but I saw him play in HS and he's the fastest thing I've ever seen. Might be better than Harvin. Was hurt last year, but could wind up the starter this time.
                              Faster? Maybe. Better? Not a chance.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information