Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Predicting a Nightmare

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Predicting a Nightmare

    Everybody makes a lot of predictions before the season roles around. Many of those predictions are quite homeristic, myself included (Missouri 1 loss to Texas, and win Big 12 Championship). But how about this, predict the nightmare season for your team (worst you could see season going....barring insane amounts of injuries or something very strange).

    Missouri:

    L- Illinois
    W- Southeast Missouri State University
    W- Nevada
    W- Buffalo
    L- @ Nebraska
    L- Oklahoma State
    L- @ Texas
    W- Colorado
    W- @ Baylor
    W- Kansas State
    W- @ Iowa State
    L- Kansas

    7-5, that would be incredibly disappointing. Now time to channel my homer, I think Illinois, @ Nebraska, @ Texas, and Kansas are the only 4 games I see even a reasonable shot at losing. *knocks on wood*
    Last edited by nfrillman; 04-19-2008, 12:12 AM.

    I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

  • #2
    Originally posted by nfrillman View Post
    Everybody makes a lot of predictions before the season roles around. Many of those predictions are quite homeristic, myself included (Missouri 1 loss to Texas Big 12 Champions). But how about this, predict the nightmare season for your team (worst you could see season going....barring insane amounts of injuries or something very strange).

    Missouri:

    L- Illinois
    W- Southeast Missouri State University
    W- Nevada
    W- Buffalo
    L- @ Nebraska
    L- Oklahoma State
    L- @ Texas
    W- Colorado
    W- @ Baylor
    W- Kansas State
    W- @ Iowa State
    L- Kansas

    7-5, that would be incredibly disappointing. Now time to channel my homer, I think Illinois, @ Nebraska, @ Texas, and Kansas are the only 4 games I see even a reasonable shot at losing. *knocks on wood*
    That would deffinitly be a nightmare.

    Comment


    • #3
      if you really wanted to make it a nightmare season add colorado and nevada to the list.

      Comment


      • #4
        I could legitimately see missouri losing to colorado this year



        Dallas Cowboys/Denver Broncos/Tennessee Volunteer Fan

        Comment


        • #5
          Most nightmare predictions for fans are realistic to unbiased fans.

          Comment


          • #6
            Stanford: W
            PSU: L
            Hawaii: W
            USC: L
            Utah: W
            WSU: W
            UW: L
            ASU: L
            UCLA: L
            Cal: L
            UA: W
            UO: W

            Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
            The Destroyer Is Manifest!
            I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by volman88 View Post
              I could legitimately see missouri losing to colorado this year
              Alot of teams will lose to Colorado if Scott lives up to the hype. Though they did lose Dizon and Wheatley.

              Sig by yours truly.

              Comment


              • #8
                Well I'm a Gophers fan, so barring a terrorist attack on the campus I can't imagine it will get much worse than last year.


                Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                  Well I'm a Gophers fan, so barring a terrorist attack on the campus I can't imagine it will get much worse than last year.
                  Haha, just be strong, brighter days are ahead, maybe.

                  I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Florida

                    Hawaii- W
                    Miami (FL.)- W
                    @ Tennessee- W
                    Ole Miss- W
                    @ Arkansas- W
                    LSU- W
                    Kentucky- W
                    @ Georgia- L
                    @ Vanderbilt- W
                    South Carolina- W
                    The Citadel- W
                    @ FSU- W

                    I can really see this team going undefeated or one loss....I imagine the SEC will be weaker this season than last...i.e. LSU and Tennessee and Kentucky...

                    if they lose a game it will probably be against Georgia....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                      Florida

                      Hawaii- W
                      Miami (FL.)- W
                      @ Tennessee- W
                      Ole Miss- W
                      @ Arkansas- W
                      LSU- W
                      Kentucky- W
                      @ Georgia- L
                      @ Vanderbilt- W
                      South Carolina- W
                      The Citadel- W
                      @ FSU- W

                      I can really see this team going undefeated or one loss....I imagine the SEC will be weaker this season than last...i.e. LSU and Tennessee and Kentucky...

                      if they lose a game it will probably be against Georgia....
                      Haha, wow, way to really go with the idea of the thread. So you are telling me that a nightmare season for Florida would be one loss? Come on man. A nightmare season would include losses to Miami, Tennessee, LSU, Georgia, FSU, and possibly some other teams. Basically what you said is that every team but Georgia has virtually no shot at all of beating Florida, since your "nightmare" scenario, which means bad if you weren't aware, only has one loss. There is no team in the country that has a worst case scenario of one loss.

                      I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by nfrillman View Post
                        Haha, wow, way to really go with the idea of the thread. So you are telling me that a nightmare season for Florida would be one loss? Come on man. A nightmare season would include losses to Miami, Tennessee, LSU, Georgia, FSU, and possibly some other teams. Basically what you said is that every team but Georgia has virtually no shot at all of beating Florida, since your "nightmare" scenario, which means bad if you weren't aware, only has one loss. There is no team in the country that has a worst case scenario of one loss.
                        Shhhhhhhhhh...

                        He might kill himself if Florida losses two or more. It's obvious his grasp on reality is slipping.

                        Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
                        The Destroyer Is Manifest!
                        I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          SCs Nightmare Season:

                          NC State- L
                          Vanderbilt- L
                          Georgia- L
                          Wofford- W
                          UAB- W
                          Ole Miss- W
                          Kentucky- L
                          LSU- L
                          Tennessee- L
                          Arkansas- L
                          Florida- L
                          Clemson- L


                          Sig by Matthew Jones

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            For Wisconsin:

                            Akron-W
                            Marshall-W
                            Fresno State-L
                            Michigan-L
                            Ohio State-L
                            Penn State-L
                            Iowa-L
                            Illinois-L
                            Michigan State-W
                            Indiana-W
                            Minnesota-W
                            Cal Poly-W

                            6-6 Overall

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Ohio State

                              Youngstown State - W
                              Ohio - W
                              Southern Cal - L
                              Troy - W
                              Minnesota - W
                              Wisconsin - L
                              Purdue - W
                              Michigan State - W
                              Penn State - L
                              Northwestern - W
                              Illinois - L
                              Michigan - L

                              7-5 would be pretty bad.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information