No announcement yet.

Impact Freshman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayo will stay at WLB, Karl is the SLB. Rico McCoy filled in at the weakside for Mayo when he got hurt at the end of last year...he came in vs. Vandy at the end and got 3 TFL immediately. He seems more suited for the WLB, but no one is taking that job from Mayo, so he is expected to be the starter at MLB, but anything can happen.

Comment

theres also Anthony Davis who will make a huge difference for Rutgers... i know its not a skill position but he will do wonders for Ray Rice, theres also Manny Abreu for rutgers who should start right away

Comment

Originally posted by snuff View Post
        Rainey is no faster than most of college kids, especially seniors that have been training and once he puts on some weight he will slow down. I don't be surprised if he breaks after 1 hit.

How about some of these people...
        Marvin Austin
        Josh Oglesby
        Dwight Jones
        Ryan Miller
        Tyrod Taylor
        Well Dwight Jones has no chance of being eligible, but he might have a decent impact at Hargrave or a JUCO school.

Oglesby will redshirt as he moves to the S position. Taylor will get some reps early but I don't think he will win the starting job. Marvin Austin will probably start because UNC's DL is terrible. However, he is going to struggle early until he can add some strength and adapt to the college game. Asking a freshman DT to start, is pretty high expectations, espically in the ACC.

Comment

Marvin Austin, Jimmy Clausen, Everson Griffen, and Eric Berry...Terrence Tolliver could play a lot at LSU too

Comment

Biggest Impacts:
            Marvin Austin DT UNC
            Arrelious Benn WR Illinois
            Terrance Toliver WR Texas
            Eugene Clifford S Ohio State
            I'm a state.

Comment

Benn is going to be sick. He's big, fluid, and has sick body control for a freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by snuff View Post
                How about some of these people...
                Josh Oglesby
                I wouldn't be surprised to see Oglesby redshirt. Badgers have Eric VandenHuevel on one side, and one of the Nation's top OL recruits from last year, Army AA Jake Bscherer, stepping in on the other to replace Joe Thomas. Oglesby is still rehabbing an injury, too. They may just sit him out to save him a year of eligibility.

"...According to Josh, his rehabilitation is going well and he expects to participate in football-related activities in late April or early May. He is prepared, however, to sit out next season as an injury redshirt if the Badgers think that is the best course of action. When Oglesby is cleared to resume football action, he will train with former Wisconsin and NFL lineman Joe Panos. The two met when Panos toured southeastern Wisconsin high schools about 18 months ago while promoting his Waukesha training company and have since formed a friendship."

Comment

everson griffen will probably have the biggest impact. josh oglesby (uw, not vt) will probably start in place of joe thomas; he should have a big impact.

Comment

How about Chris Galippo? Carroll played something like 17 true freshman last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Microphon200 View Post
                      How about Chris Galippo? Carroll played something like 17 true freshman last year.
                      It's going to be hard for him to make in impact when the starting LB's are Rivers, Cushing and Maualuga. His biggest impact will probably come in ST's, kind of like Maualuga did in his freshman year.

Comment

Does Gallipo have solid coverage or can hit hard like maualuga?

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
                          Does Gallipo have solid coverage or can hit hard like maualuga?

Both, he's the total package. He's not as raw as Rey Rey though and has great fundamentals.

Comment

Originally posted by elway777 View Post
                            Both, he's the total package. He's not as raw as Rey Rey though and has great fundamentals.
                            plus he isnt in anger management, so his head is screwed on tight, unlike rey, who is mostlikly crazy, and im all for it.

Comment

Donovan Warren, Michigan has some real questions at corner this season so he shouldnt have much trouble breaking into the starting picture.

Comment

I would also say Donovan Warren for the reasons already stated. But I also saw a quote by Carr saying that he fealt Michigan was set in the secondary, which is a scary thought with maybe Trent and Richards starting. If that's the case, and they start over Warren, Carr truly has lost his mind, and I've always been a supporter of his.

Originally posted by Jakey
                                WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information