Florida Gator starting football player arrested

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Gator starting football player arrested

University of Florida police arrested Gators offensive lineman Carl Johnson on Monday for violating a sexual violence restraining order, according to police records obtained by the Sentinel.

Johnson, 21, received the tempoary order to stay away from a woman last Monday but broke it today when he followed her off a campus bus, according to the police report. Johnson had numerous chances to get off the bus but waited until the woman exited at the campus hub, the police report states.

The police report didn't detail the original incident involving the woman and Johnson, who faces a first degree misdemeanor. A clerk at Alachua County jail said Johnson had no previous jail records until he was booked at 1:21 p.m. No bond has been set.

Johnson, a rising redshirt junior, came into his own last season as an integral piece of Florida's offensive line. Johnson started nine games at left guard when senior Jim Tartt went down with a shoulder injury.

This is the football team's third arrest since November. Cornerback Jacques Rickerson was kicked off the team for domestic battery. Quarterback Cam Newton, who has transferred, allegedly stole a student's laptop and threw it out of his dorm window upon police suspicion.
    Italics mine.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/spo...-arrested.html

Great job taking the top 1 percent of 1 percent, Urban.

Tim Tebow forgives him, so all is well

Comment

Originally posted by AkiliSmith View Post
      Tim Tebow forgives him, so all is well
      All they need to do is put him in the same room as Tebow for 15 minutes and he will never do wrong again for the rest of his life. The power of Tebow will compel him. :D

Comment

He will be suspended for a cupcake team and be allowed to return when they enter SEC play. That's how Urby always does it.

Comment

You stay classy Florida!

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

You guys keep winning championships! Keep acting like your players are all sunshine and dandelions and then using it as the only thing you have over a team like Florida. I find it funny that when teams aren't winning their fans act like they're honestly happy with trading class for championships

Comment

Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
              You guys keep winning championships! Keep acting like your players are all sunshine and dandelions and then using it as the only thing you have over a team like Florida. I find it funny that when teams aren't winning their fans act like they're honestly happy with trading class for championships
              Who said anything about how great their players are? This is not an isolated incident, this is a recurring theme with UF and Urban Meyer's players and when he makes comments about how he will only recruit the best character '1% of 1%' type players it is easy to throw it back in his face when he throws his crap out there all the time.

Has Utah had this many arrests, btw?

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                Who said anything about how great their players are? This is not an isolated incident, this is a recurring theme with UF and Urban Meyer's players and when he makes comments about how he will only recruit the best character '1% of 1%' type players it is easy to throw it back in his face when he throws his crap out there all the time.

Has Utah had this many arrests, btw?
                And you post this trying to slander Urban Meyer, but are you honestly going to tell me that you wouldn't trade the Miami teams you've had since about 2004 for the ones from the 80's at the cost of some character concerns? Give me a break. Fans of teams who aren't winning cling to the character of their teams to have an excuse for why they aren't winning. Jacques Rickerson is scum, I'll admit that. What Newton did was wrong, I'd agree, but it doesn't make him a bad kid - just made a bad decision. What Carl did was more creepy than it was a violation of the law - nobody has any real evidence that he didn't just want to get off the bus at that stop.

Comment

And you post this trying to slander Urban Meyer, but are you honestly going to tell me that you wouldn't trade the Miami teams you've had since about 2004 for the ones from the 80's at the cost of some character concerns? Give me a break. Fans of teams who aren't winning cling to the character of their teams to have an excuse for why they aren't winning. Jacques Rickerson is scum, I'll admit that. What Newton did was wrong, I'd agree, but it doesn't make him a bad kid - just made a bad decision. What Carl did was more creepy than it was a violation of the law.

I never said anything about the character of the Miami teams, but I can tell you one thing about those Miami teams in the 80s - Our coaches and players were not spewing garbage about their own great characters, hell they embraced the fact that they were thuggish and played it up.

Urban Meyer is open to ridicule though when he talks about how he will only recruit the highest moral value/character kids and they are perceived as so saintly yet more than any other college football program in the country his players are out breaking the law. It is one of the many reasons Urban 'Liar' fits him perfectly.

Carl Johnson would be starting by game 2 if you were playing us early in the season again, BTW. He'll probably be back by game 5 at LSU, maybe even game 3 for Lane Kiffin. And what he did was more than creepy and yes a serious violation of the law. This is a very large 6'6" 300 pound man who scared the hell out of this girl, enough for her to get a sexual violence restraining order yet he the crime came NOW when we just now find out he is still following her onto a bus, sitting 3 feet across from her, and getting off the bus and following her. Maybe that's only creepy if he didn't already have the restraining order.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                    I never said anything about the character of the Miami teams, but I can tell you one thing about those Miami teams in the 80s - Our coaches and players were not spewing garbage about their own great characters, hell they embraced the fact that they were thuggish and played it up.

Urban Meyer is open to ridicule though when he talks about how he will only recruit the highest moral value/character kids and they are perceived as so saintly yet more than any other college football program in the country his players are out breaking the law. It is one of the many reasons Urban 'Liar' fits him perfectly.

Carl Johnson would be starting by game 2 if you were playing us early in the season again, BTW. He'll probably be back by game 5 at LSU, maybe even game 3 for Lane Kiffin. And what he did was more than creepy and yes a serious violation of the law. This is a very large 6'6" 300 pound man who scared the hell out of this girl, enough for her to get a sexual violence restraining order yet he the crime came NOW when we just now find out he is still following her onto a bus, sitting 3 feet across from her, and getting off the bus and following her. Maybe that's only creepy if he didn't already have the restraining order.
                    Okay, well you keep worrying about the character of Florida's players, and they'll keep winning championships. Winning is really all that matters - if Rickerson kicks the crap out of his girlfriend, he's scum and he will get kicked off the team. Don't worry about a kid getting a misdemeanor, though. You could bust half the kids in college football for possession by finding their weed stash.

Comment

Okay, well you keep worrying about the character of Florida's players, and they'll keep winning championships. Winning is really all that matters - if Rickerson kicks the crap out of his girlfriend, he's scum and he will get kicked off the team. Don't worry about a kid getting a misdemeanor, though. You could bust half the kids in college football for possession by finding their weed stash.
                      Coach Urban Meyer agrees.

Comment

UF shouldn't worry, ESPN with their SEC media deal won't make a big deal out of this at all. This will just turn into a praise of Tebow in the long run I'm sure. God damnit I hate that school more than I can explain. Urban is such a slimy snake who will do whatever it takes to win, class and ethics are low on the totem pole for him.

Comment

This. This is what is really troubling, that people think this way and it is accepted by most of society and often embraced in numerous places. When has college become about winning at sports, rather than educating and preparing the next generation to be good, successful, and law abiding citizens? It's disgusting that people can just shrug off the fact that sure, they have student athletes breaking the law and acting like jackasses, but hey, if it wins them games, who cares.

Iowa has had too many athletes get in trouble with the law in the past 2 years, but the ones that do more than underage drinking or public intox, like sexual assault, get kicked off the team, not suspended for 3-4 ****** out of conference games.

Comment

Wow, so many haters here. Just crying for a championship. Even better that is is FSU and Miami fans who are kings of thugs in their athletic program.

FSU, half your damn offense was involved in a shoplifting incident and not to mention this year 5 players on offense getting involved in a crime.

Miami, I believe there is a reason yall are known as THUG U. your players curb stop other players on the field. Quit your bitchin about Florida and Urban and go find yourself some real players that can actually compete w/ us please, it becoming a little sad.

Comment

Originally posted by dunagan15 View Post
                              Wow, so many haters here. Just crying for a championship. Even better that is is FSU and Miami fans who are kings of thugs in their athletic program.

FSU, half your damn offense was involved in a shoplifting incident and not to mention this year 5 players on offense getting involved in a crime.

Miami, I believe there is a reason yall are known as THUG U. your players curb stop other players on the field. Quit your bitchin about Florida and Urban and go find yourself some real players that can actually compete w/ us please, it becoming a little sad.
                              bwhaha, what a typical Gator. Completely ignores everything said in this thread and just calls Miami Thug U. Then we get this beauty:
                              Quit your bitchin about Florida and Urban and go find yourself some real players that can actually compete w/ us please, it becoming a little sad.

Made me laugh. Gators beat us one time in almost 25 years and all of a sudden we have to find better players to compete with them. Yet that one time they beat us in 25 years we still went into their house with one of their best teams ever against our team filled with freshman and made it a game until a BS call from a ref, but whatever...that's not the point.

Last time I checked we still have five national titles to your two (imperfect) titles. You are still second in the state to us and always remember that. If it wasn't for Larry Coker you would still be second to us too.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information