2009 Pre Season All-American Team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Pre Season All-American Team

Probably a little bit early, but I have the flu and I'm sick and borred at home.

OFFENSE

QB - Colt McCoy, Texas: The battle between McCoy, Bradford and Tebow was tough but McCoy is also counted on to run the ball for the Longhorns which puts him over Bradford for me. And he doens't have quite the supporting cast of Tebow so he gets the edge over him as well.

RB - Jahvid Best, Cal: 1580 yards and 15 TDs on just 194 carries for this speedster in 2008.

RB - Jonathan Dwyer, Georgia Tech: 200 carries for 1395 yards and 12 TDs in 2008. Dwyer has the power to run between the tackles and speed to break long runs as well. The Yellow Jackets offense will go only as far as Dwyer and his backfield mate Roddy Jones carry them.

WR - Arrelious Benn, Illinois: 67 catches for 1055 yards in 2008 despite being the focus of opposing defenses. A physical dynamo that is a match-up nightmare for opposing DBs, Benn needs to improve on his three TDs but that should come with time.

WR - Dez Bryant, Oklahoma State: 87 catches for 1480 yards and 19 TDs last season, Bryant was arguably the most dominant WR in the country. Also an electrifying returner, Bryant should be the receiver that gets Heisman attenton in 2009.

TE - Jermaine Gresham, Oklahoma: 66 catches for 950 yards and 14 TDs in 2008, Gresham was Bradford's favourite target. One of the most gifted tight ends athletically in recent memory, Gresham is also improving as a blocker.

OT - Trent Williams, Oklahoma: There are many that believe Williams was the best offensive linemen for the Sooners this past season. The spotlight will be on him to protect Bradford in 2009.

OG - Mike Johnson, Alabama: With all the hype for Andre Smith and Antoine Caldwell, Johnson got lost in the mix. A very good player in his own right, the versatile Johnson should anchor the Tide line in 2009. Might be making the move over to LT this year, but with Alabama's reputation for giving incoming freshman a shot at significant playing time DJ Fluker might settle in at the blind side while Johnson tutors him.

C - Kris O'Dowd, Southern Cal: The anchor of the Trojan line. O'Dowd has been an impact player since he stepped on the field as a true freshman.

OG - Sergio Render, Virgina Tech: When focused Render can be an absolute force especially in the run game. Expect Darren Evans to be running behind this big man often in 2009.

OT - Ciron Black, LSU: Has started the past 39 games at LT for the Tigers. The coaches voted Black an All-SEC second team selection for the second year in a row in 2008, with Mike Oher and Andre Smith out of the way it's time to assert himself as the top tackle in the conference.

DEFENSE

DE - Brandon Graham, Michigan: 10 sacks and 20 TFLs in 2008. Jerry Hughes might put up similiar numbers but he doesn't face the same kind of competition.

DT - Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska: 76 tackles, 7.5 sacks, 19 TFL and 2 ints returned for TDs in 2008.

DT - Gerald McCoy, Oklahoma: 30 tackles, 11 TFL and 6.5 sacks in 2008, McCoy is capable of being the most disruptive interior lineman in the country.

DE - Greg Hardy, Ole Miss: When healthy Hardy is the best pass rusher in the nation.

OLB - Mark Herzlich, Boston College: 110 tackles, 13 for loss, and 6 ints for this defender in 2008. It says alot that he was chosen defensive player of the year in the ACC, instead of Arron Curry.

MLB - Brandon Spikes, Florida: Spikes posted 93 tackles, 8 TFL and 4 ints while being the heart and soul of the Gators defense in 2008.

OLB - Sean Weatherspoon, Missouri: The tackling machine had 155 tackles, 18.5 for loss in 2008 to go along with 5 sacks and 3 interceptions.

CB - Trevard Lindley, Kentucky: One of the most underrated players in college football, it won't be long before he is a household name. Entering his fourth year as a starter in the SEC, 4 ints and 15 passes defended last season.

S - Eric Berry, Tennessee: Received consensus ALL-American honors in 2008 as a sophomore. If he can get any better it's a scary thought for opposing offenses.

S - Taylor Mays, USC: Stats don't tell the whole story for this elite player. Mays essentialy eliminates the deep ball for opposing offenses and was the most valuable player on the Trojans dominant defense this past year.

CB - Joe Haden, Florida: 77 tackles, 3 interceptions and 10 passes broken up in 2008 by the second year cover man. Should be able to make an even bigger impact this season with an extra year under his belt and the Gators entire defense returning.
    10 Favourite prospects for 2010: Colt McCoy, Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, Noel Devine, Ndamukong Suh, Greg Hardy, Eric Norwood, Travis Lewis, Eric Berry, Trevard Lindley

I like the list. Nice job.

Comment

I'd of put Tebow instead of McCoy, but either one is good, really. List looks good top to bottom.

Comment

Yeah, I'd also put Tebow in front of McCoy. I started to make my own list but noticed that through left tackle only quarterback was different from yours.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

yeah no metter how much i want a ND guy on there only golden is close and he shouldnt be up there

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
          - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
          - Corner or Wideout in the first
          - No reaching
          - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Nice list. I might swap Okung for Black and Warren for Lindley. Some people may argue Cody & Selvie too. Spiller may get the nod based on namesake too.
            Last edited by JRTPlaya21; 02-19-2009, 12:53 PM.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
            2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
            2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

Guarantee Bradford's first team since he won the freakin Heisman.

although McCoy should've won, but :/

Comment

I don't think there are any guarantee's with 3 elite QB's like that.

Comment

love the qb pick

Comment

Originally posted by cdub11 View Post
                    love the qb pick
                    As do I.

Colt McCoy deserves a lot more credit than he gets, and he gets a lot of credit as it is!

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

QB- Sam Bradford
                      RB- DeMarco Murray
                      RB- Jonathan Dwyer
                      WR- Dez Bryant
                      WR- Arrelious Benn
                      TE- Jermaine Gresham
                      OL- Russell Okung
                      OL- Jason Fox ( :) )
                      OL- Trent Williams
                      OL- Sergio Render
                      OC- Josh McNeil

DE- Jeremy Beal
                      DT- Gerald McCoy
                      DT- Geno Atkins
                      DE- Jerry Hughes
                      OLB- Mark Herzlich
                      MLB- Brandon Spikes
                      OLB- Sergio Kindle
                      CB- Syd'quan Thompson
                      CB- Brian Jackson
                      S- Eric Berry
                      S- Taylor Mays

Too many OU guys but oh well.

That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

Comment

Maybe too many but they are all beastly.

Comment

QB- Tim Tebow, Florida
                          RB- Jonathan Dwyer, Georgia Tech
                          RB- Brandon Minor, Michigan (:D)
                          WR- Arrelious Benn, Illinois
                          WR- Dez Bryant, Oklahoma State
                          TE- Jermaine Gresham, Oklahoma
                          OL- Trent Williams, Oklahoma
                          OL- Bryan Bulaga, Iowa
                          OL- Russell Okung, Oklahoma State
                          OL- Stefen Wisniewski, Penn State
                          OL- Kris O'Dowd, USC

DE- Brandon Graham, Michigan
                          DT- Gerald McCoy, Oklahoma
                          DT- Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska
                          DE- Jerry Hughes, TCU
                          LB- Navorro Bowman, Penn State
                          LB- Brandon Spikes, Florida
                          LB- Rolando McClain, Alabama
                          CB- Donovan Warren, Michigan (bounce-back season!) :D
                          S- Eric Berry, Tennessee
                          S- Taylor Mays, USC
                          CB- Joe Haden, Florida

A little Michigan-heavy, but A) I'm a homer B) All three have AA potential.

Comment

I see the love to the hometown boy Minor. He sure was fun to watch at Varina.

Comment

Originally posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
                              I see the love to the hometown boy Minor. He sure was fun to watch at Varina.
                              He was really good in the second half of the year. He fumbled a lot early and got sat behind Sam McGuffie, but then he kept making big plays. The fact that he averaged over 5 yards per carry with that OL is ******* amazing. He had 9 rushes of 20+ yards on only 103 carries, and one catch of 25+ yards on just five catches. He's going to get pretty much all of the carries this year so I expect big things from him.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information