Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lane Kiffin may not even make it through his first season at UT...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
    Is it his fault that he was (possibly) overrated by the media, and the guy who beat him out was underrated? He can't control how good that other guys is, and just because we assume he's going to be the man doesn't mean he really will be.
    Which, of course, just goes to show how overrated recruiting ratings/sites are.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
      Which, of course, just goes to show how overrated recruiting ratings/sites are.
      Bingo, just because the trailer looks good doesn't mean the actual movie will be too.

Comment

Wow positive Kiffin press.

They still don't get it. Kiffin wants you to hate him. Or love him, it doesn't matter. Just talk about him. Get "Tennessee" or "Vols" in the headline. Show his mug on television.
        http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/11519221

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4011940

"First, I think it's a neat thing that Tennessee's logo is all over Florida's locker room," Kiffin said, smiling, during an interview Wednesday morning with "ESPN First Take."
          "We have great respect for Florida and Urban Meyer and what they've done there," he continued. "It's a big-time place and big-time program. I don't think bulletin-board material makes a difference."

I agree with him about Bulletin Board stuff being nonsense. It's all media hype...

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
            http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4011940

I agree with him about Bulletin Board stuff being nonsense. It's all media hype...
            Bullentin board does make a difference. Florida will win by 50 this year instead of just 40.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
              Bullentin board does make a difference. Florida will win by 50 this year instead of just 40.
              Well maybe it makes a difference in that they will try to run up the score and keep passing in the 4th quarter if up by a large amount instead of just milking the clock, but it doesn't make a difference as far as giving them an extra edge to winning the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                Well maybe it makes a difference in that they will try to run up the score and keep passing in the 4th quarter if up by a large amount instead of just milking the clock, but it doesn't make a difference as far as giving them an extra edge to winning the game.
                oh gosh i remember that being a huge debate on here when it was ou vs. uf

Comment

1st post

Can't think of a better topic for my 1st post. As you can tell from my handle, I'm a hardcore Bama Crimson Tide fan & alumnus.

I live in the Bay Area & felt sorry for the abuse Kiffin took from resident tyrant Al Davis, but I can't believe he got what, 3 freaking sanctions from the NCAA before coaching his 1st game for Tennessee! And he starts a war of words with Urban Meyer & Saban over recruiting violations, 2 teams he will have to face every yr..... what's that old line about tugging on Superman's cape?

His predecessor, Fulmer, tried to eliminate his competition off the field by pointing fingers & inviting subpoenas from the the NCAA, somebody wanted to do a PA msg. for him in Tuscaloosa last October about "Coach Fulmer, your subpoena is ready at Gate 4!!" when the Vols got their jocks handed to them by the Tide. When you follow a guy like Fulmer who got burned for political & NCAA involvement you'd think the new head coach would keep a lower profile, but no, not Kiffin, Mr. Hubris. He's writing checks his players are going to have to cash when they play the Gators, Tide, lots of teams. That's btw how Fulmer got his "Subpoena" nickname, along with some other not-so-nice nicknames.

Tennessee enjoyed top-ranked recruting classes for yrs. so when they dried up they were soon calling for Fulmer's head last Fall in Knoxville. Thier defense lost Jerod Mayo to the NFL & was still among the best in the NCAA Div. 1 but their offense was horrible, ranked in the lowest 3-4% in almost all categories. Pretty obvious where Kiffin has to make his improvements, & Brown will help, but where's their QB? Where's their quality O-line? He will last thru his 1st yr. there but I can't see more than 5-6 total wins, maybe 2 SEC wins max.

Thanks, glad to be here at Draft Countdown
                  Last edited by LizardState; 04-07-2009, 05:49 PM. Reason: grammar & typos

Comment

What does Lizard have to do with Crimson tide? Elephant State would be appropriate

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316
                      What does Lizard have to do with Crimson tide? Elephant State would be appropriate
                      Maybe 'Bama's state animal is a type of lizard?

Butchyeah, "Tide" and "Crimson" are the most relative words to UA. "CrimsonState" sounds pretty cool, actually.

EDIT: Their state amphibian is the Red Hills Salamander.

Awe, I want one!!!
                      Last edited by TitanHope; 04-07-2009, 07:42 PM.
                      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Did OP read the article? I don't give a **** about Tennessee one way or the other, the only thing that would remotely make me dislike them is the Bryce Brown thing, but really, Miami will just have to live without him. It clearly said that while it started off awkward(as I could feel while reading it), it ended up working. It isn't like they're offering money or something stupid like that. If a coach can get recruits this way, it's a damn good idea.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                        Originally posted by njx9
                        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                          Signing Brown is good for UT's program, but they better hope he has a better season than last year's #1 RB recruit Darrell Scott: 383 rushing yards, 1 TD
                          I can say almost without doubt that he will be a lot better. The kid is pure beast. As a Miami fan, I watched a lot of his tapes. He is ridiculous, both against standard competition and at the AA game. He's gonna dominate and be a top-10 pick barring injury and I'm fairly confident in saying that.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                            It's because Nick Saban is an evil cold-blooded reptile :D

Comment

Lizardstate, do you honestly think Tennessee will only get 5-6 wins this year? Have you seen their schedule? They had 5 wins last year with one of the worst offenses in the nation. I'm saying 8, maybe 9 wins this year with the 9th probably coming from a bowl. Take it to the bank. Maybe I'm just an extreme optimist, but I don't see any way they finish the regular season any lower than 7-5. In fact, I'll probably be disappointed with that.
                              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                              RIP themaninblack

Comment

Hey, many media people thought Texas wouldn't win more than nine games, so you never know.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information