Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry Coker to be head coach for Texas-San Antonio

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3955044

It looks as if Coker will be the man in charge of the start up program for the Roadrunners in a few years.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

What level are they going to be playing at?
    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by TimDris View Post
      They'll play DII at first (Southland Conference) then move up to the Sun Belt, I believe, if attendance, sales, etc..., match NCAA standards.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
      WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by TimDris View Post
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTSA_Roadrunners_football

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

This is good for the city of San Antonio.

Lamar in Beaumont is also starting a football program.

Comment

There you have it. The man who "didn't" ruin the Miami football program took 5 years to get a D1-AA head coaching job with a brand new team.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
              There you have it. The man who "didn't" ruin the Miami football program took 5 years to get a D1-AA head coaching job with a brand new team.
              lol! Although I will say this must be a pretty cool job for any non premier coach to get. I mean how many people actually get to start a program like this, and you get to do it in a recruiting hot bed state like Texas?

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                lol! Although I will say this must be a pretty cool job for any non premier coach to get. I mean how many people actually get to start a program like this, and you get to do it in a recruiting hot bed state like Texas?
                Yeah....now he can continue to recruit studs like Reggie Youngblood and Dajleon Farr.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                  Yeah....now he can continue to recruit studs like Reggie Youngblood and Dajleon Farr.
                  Nah for 11 months out of the year he will just chase after the hottest name, 5 star recruit who plays in New Jersey until he realizes he can't get him he will 'lower' his standards and offer some local 4 star products who have been committed to a state school for 6 months, when he finally realizes he can't get them either in the last couple days he will offer a 2 star QB from Arkansas nobody has ever heard of except for a few baseball scouts. *Insert BANGHEAD emoticon here*.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                    he will offer a 2 star QB from Arkansas nobody has ever heard of except for a few baseball scouts.
                    hahahaha I remember that. Georgia State and South Alabama also starting football teams.
                    Last edited by Brent; 03-06-2009, 10:11 AM.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

UTSA has the 3rd most students out of the colleges in Texas. Im sure it will be very successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                        hahahaha I remember that. Georgia State and South Alabama also starting football teams.
                        Damn. GA St., USA, Lamar, and UTSA. That's quite a bit of teams, and I'm sure there are more, that are starting up.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                        WHO DAT!

Comment

He has a way to go with that program. I have two buddies that play DII football. One for Rhode Island and one for Lehigh.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information