Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most recent underachieving and overachieving teams ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
    sorry, losing a game or two shouldn't put them in this catagory. Winning their confrence, repeateded BCS bowls, repeated BCS wins, always in the hunt every year....
    you know as well as I do that with usc's scedule they should be in the NCG at least every other year with their amount of talent. But USC is more of a team that screws themselves than a team that systematically doesnt play up to their talent level.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
    - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
    - Corner or Wideout in the first
    - No reaching
    - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

USF seemed to have underacheived the last two years. Yes, I know they play in the Big East and did end up with 9-4, 8-5 records respectively, but I feel that last year they shouldn't have lost more than 3 games.

As soon as Jim Leavitt teaches his team how to play football later than September, USF will always underacheive
      Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
      Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
      Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
      A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

Overachievers

West Virginia
        Texas Tech
        Oregon State
        Kansas
        Wake Forest

Underachievers

Michigan
        Notre Dame
        Tennessee
        Georgia
        Penn State
        Florida State
        Miami

Comment

Originally posted by Bama9507 View Post
          Does the least with the most:
          Ohio State
          How do you figure?

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
            you know as well as I do that with usc's scedule they should be in the NCG at least every other year with their amount of talent. But USC is more of a team that screws themselves than a team that systematically doesnt play up to their talent level.
            sorry, don't down play the Pac like that. Reminds me when everybody said Ore St was a joke, but at the end of the year they weren't a bad team at all. USC might lose a game a year, but what team doesn't? You're expectations of USC are a lil high, and you're not looking at the big picture. Also the pac-10 is not as bad as you and many others think it is.

Comment

Especially since he's a ND fan. Glass houses...

Comment

Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
                Why no mention of Georgia? That team pulls in a top 5 recruiting class every single year, yet I don't think they have even gotten to the SEC championship this decade. Year in and year our they have elite college players all over the field and can't win the big games.
                Because for the most part, Mark Richt can't win big games.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                  How do you figure?
                  Yeah...umm...Ohio State is really not that talented of a team. That's just what the media wants you to think when they hype up all of OSU's mediocre players.

Todd Boeckman, Alex Boone, all their RBs, all their WRs, Laurinaitis, Bobby Carpenter, Anthony Schlegel, Ross Homan, their DBs. Craig Krenzel.

All have been overrated.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                    Yeah...umm...Ohio State is really not that talented of a team. That's just what the media wants you to think when they hype up all of OSU's mediocre players.

Todd Boeckman, Alex Boone, all their RBs, all their WRs, Laurinaitis, Bobby Carpenter, Anthony Schlegel, Ross Homan, their DBs. Craig Krenzel.

All have been overrated.
                    They pull in great recruits and put out studs in the nfl. I'm probably missing the sarcasm in all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                      Especially since he's a ND fan. Glass houses...
                      Dude i put ND with the underachievers didnt I.

- No reaching
                      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Dude i put ND with the underachievers didnt I.
                        But it's funny that you put them in the same catagory, when you know if ND had SC's success as of late they would'nt be in your underachiever list...would they?

Comment

But it's funny that you put them in the same catagory, when you know if ND had SC's success as of late they would'nt be in your underachiever list...would they?
                          We do get good talent but not he insane amount of talent SC gets.

- No reaching
                          - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

We do get good talent but not he insane amount of talent SC gets.
                            We fight over the same recruits, the talent level is not that different at ND. ND unlike USC will always get top recruits/national exposure/high profile coaches whether they deserve it or not. As a USC fan before the carroll the era, I know what it looks like when you're the second team in LA and not the first.

But anyway, the thing that seperates USC from ND is the big games. Sure you can bring up "USC upset by (insert random pac-10 team)______", but how many times have you heard "USC gets outclassed by superior team" or "USC just can't win the big games"? ND's biggest win under Charlie was a loss to USC.

That's what separates them right now.

Comment

We fight over the same recruits, the talent level is not that different at ND. ND unlike USC will always get top recruits/national exposure/high profile coaches whether they deserve it or not. As a USC fan before the carroll the era, I know what it looks like when you're the second team in LA and not the first.

But anyway, the thing that seperates USC from ND is the big games. Sure you can bring up "USC upset by (insert random pac-10 team)______", but how many times have you heard "USC gets outclassed by superior team" or "USC just can't win the big games"? ND's biggest win under Charlie was a loss to USC.

That's what separates them right now.
                              I'm not debating that usc is the far superior team over the last well decade (give me a sec im gonna throw up now). But I really feel that over the last couple of years USC robbed themselves. Sure they usually win the big ones and I do agree with you on that part 100% but that is also their weakness. They have everything to win it all every year and they manage to find a way to screw it up more often than not. Of course you can say that that stuff happens but i think not showing up for one or two games annually=shooting yourself in the foot= underachieving.
                              We on the other hand just flat our sucked the last couple of years which constitutes to a whole different form of underachieving(i have a good feeling about 10/14 though).

- No reaching
                              - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

I'm not debating that usc is the far superior team over the last well decade (give me a sec im gonna throw up now). But I really feel that over the last couple of years USC robbed themselves. Sure they usually win the big ones and I do agree with you on that part 100% but that is also their weakness. They have everything to win it all every year and they manage to find a way to screw it up more often than not. Of course you can say that that stuff happens but i think not showing up for one or two games annually=shooting yourself in the foot= underachieving.
                                We on the other hand just flat our sucked the last couple of years which constitutes to a whole different form of underachieving(i have a good feeling about 10/14 though).
                                Nobody has or ever will win it all every year. USC is doing what is expected of them, finish in the top-5 every year and possibly win a NC....IMO that's far from underachieving. You also have to remember that while USC has been upset so have the teams that have won, or have appeared in the NC for the last 4 years...it's just that USC is in the Pac-10 and they aren't allowed to lose one game.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information