Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most recent underachieving and overachieving teams ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
    They pull in great recruits and put out studs in the nfl. I'm probably missing the sarcasm in all of this.
    Studs in the NFL? Most of their recent alumni have disappointed/underachieved/busted in the NFL.

Bobby Carpenter, Mike Doss, Dustin Fox, Vernon Gholston, Ted Ginn, AJ Hawk, Micheal Jenkins, Mike Nugent, Quinn Pitcock, Antonio Pittman, Ashton Youboty.

While their older alumni are all reaching a crossroads in their career.

Great recruits? You're thinking too recent. In 2003 their class wasn't even ranked. Prior to 2008 their classes were in the 15-range.

If they're still "underachieving" in 2-3 years, then we'll have a talk. I really like their past 2 recruiting classes so I doubt that'll happen though.

Sorry, I wasn't being sarcastic. Up until recently Ohio State has done pretty well at recruiting and putting out NFL talent. Winning a NC and losing 2 others while continually dominating your conference isn't exactly underachieving unless you consistently rake in top 5 classes and **** out high-achieving NFL players.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
      Studs in the NFL? Most of their recent alumni have disappointed/underachieved/busted in the NFL.

Bobby Carpenter, Mike Doss, Dustin Fox, Vernon Gholston, Ted Ginn, AJ Hawk, Micheal Jenkins, Mike Nugent, Quinn Pitcock, Antonio Pittman, Ashton Youboty.

While their older alumni are all reaching a crossroads in their career.

Great recruits? You're thinking too recent. In 2003 their class wasn't even ranked. Prior to 2008 their classes were in the 15-range.

If they're still "underachieving" in 2-3 years, then we'll have a talk. I really like their past 2 recruiting classes so I doubt that'll happen though.

Sorry, I wasn't being sarcastic. Up until recently Ohio State has done pretty well at recruiting and putting out NFL talent. Winning a NC and losing 2 others while continually dominating your conference isn't exactly underachieving unless you consistently rake in top 5 classes and **** out high-achieving NFL players.
      good players, not bad at all.

Comment

Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
        good players, not bad at all.
        Good players? Sure.

Disappointing? I'd say so. Hawk was a top-5 pick, Ginn was a top-10 pick. Neither team's fan base will say they have lived up to their draft status.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Good players? Sure.

Disappointing? I'd say so. Hawk was a top-5 pick, Ginn was a top-10 pick. Neither team's fan base will say they have lived up to their draft status.
          Hawk might not be Urlacher, but he was worthy of his 1st round selection...that high in the first, probably not.

Back to the topic at hand, tOSU are not underacheivers. Tell me what other teams in the B10 have as much talent as them if not more?

Comment

Virginia Tech has been underachieving recently. say what you want, but they have.

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
              Dude i put ND with the underachievers didnt I.
              I was talking about the "weak schedule" comment.

Comment

Originally posted by murdamal86 View Post
                Virginia Tech has been underachieving recently. say what you want, but they have.
                Not at all. Their talent level puts them right in the middle of the pack in the ACC. They win games because of great coaching on defense and special teams.

Did you watch the VT-Miami game? We were absolutely dominating them physically yet they managed to stay in the game and keep it to 1-possession. If talent determines the score we would've won by 20. They just make the right plays at the right moments.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Not at all. Their talent level puts them right in the middle of the pack in the ACC. They win games because of great coaching on defense and special teams.

Did you watch the VT-Miami game? We were absolutely dominating them physically yet they managed to stay in the game and keep it to 1-possession. If talent determines the score we would've won by 20. They just make the right plays at the right moments.
                  VT has been in the same spot for the last 8-10 years. always overhyped and always underachieved. call me harsh, but they always seem to finish with 3 losses or more.

Comment

No way. They consistently go to BCS games and get tens of millions of dollars brought into their school. Not like they have the greatest recruiting base either, underrated yes, but they also have to share it with a bigger state school.

If anything Virginia underachieves. They never win **** and they have just as much if not more to offer than V-Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                      Because for the most part, Mark Richt can't win big games.
                      That was my point. Seems like underachieving to me.

Comment

Clemson - I'd have to believe they are #1 on this list.
                        Illinois - Tons of talented athletes. Not even a bowl game last year.
                        ND - Obviously.

Comment

VT has been in the same spot for the last 8-10 years. always overhyped and always underachieved. call me harsh, but they always seem to finish with 3 losses or more.
                          What are your expectations of VT then?
                          Drink apple juice, cause OJ will kill you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokie_Pokie08 View Post
                            What are your expectations of VT then?
                            atleast ONE national title appearance since 2000. don't act as though VT hasn't been in position late in the season to get back there. it's always the SAME thing with VT: solid to great defense and a weak offense. if going 10-3 and 9-4 season in and season out is ok with you guys....ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                              No way. They consistently go to BCS games and get tens of millions of dollars brought into their school. Not like they have the greatest recruiting base either, underrated yes, but they also have to share it with a bigger state school.

If anything Virginia underachieves. They never win **** and they have just as much if not more to offer than V-Tech.
                              see that's the thing. i place them in that category because they get to the BCS and have all that momentum going into the off season and into the beginning into next season and then seem to lose two games they shouldn't.

Comment

atleast ONE national title appearance since 2000. don't act as though VT hasn't been in position late in the season to get back there. it's always the SAME thing with VT: solid to great defense and a weak offense. if going 10-3 and 9-4 season in and season out is ok with you guys....ok.
                                So the fact that they have recruiting classes that usually rank between 25-30 in the nation doesn't factor into your decision? I could understand having that expectation if we were pulling top 10 classes, but that isn't the case. Hence why some would consider it a case where the coaching staff is doing more with less.
                                Drink apple juice, cause OJ will kill you.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information