Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be the breakout Defensive Lineman of 09?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
    Seriously Allen Bailey the kid who killed a Crock with a shovel, recruited as LB is being moved to DT. Damn that is some journey, what was it MLB, then OLB, then DE, and now DT. Bailey is a beast, if there wasn't so much depth he probably would stay at DE like Campbell did.
    If he killed a croc with his bare hands, THATD be impressive
    LOUD & PROUD

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Solomon View Post
      The Hurricanes are stacked at end? Other than Robinson who are the other guys. I'm kinda surprised that they are talented enough to push Bailey inside, he was really starting to play very well at the end of last season.

I'm gonna go with Buckeye Thad Gibson at DE and LSU Tiger Drake Nevis at DT.
      Stacked might be a bit much, but there is a lot of potential there. Moncur is coming back, Adewale Ojomo looked great at times, Steven Wesley is kinda good, Andrew Smith was ok last year but looks a lot better this spring, Oliver Vernon is a freshman that is already on campus and looks great, Gavin Hardin is another guy that should contribute this year. DE is probably the deepest position on the team (along with WR). DT has some guys but the depth chart there isn't nearly as impressive, even with Bailey inside.

That is correct comahan
      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
      <3 dg

Comment

Carlos Dunlap from Florida. I have high hopes for what Ben Martin can do at starting DE in a Tampa 2, and am hoping Dan Williams can continue off of his impressive junior season.
        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

I'm expecting great things from Gerald McCoy, and DeMarcus Granger isn't bad himself.

Thaddeus Gibson and Cameron Heyward are ready to take it to the next level. Gibson especially.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
            unfortunately, I think Sheldon isnt getting in and Kennard is gonna take awhile to get into form.

If I had to pick a freshman DE, it would easily be Donte Moss. He's gonna see the field right away at UNC.
            I'm not a big fan of Moss. I don't wanna sound like a homer, but Dyron Dye is up there with Kennard in terms of being ready to contribute immediately. Dye probably won't see much time though because of our depth.

We are stacked with talent at DE. The talent just has to translate itself on the field.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
              Carlos Dunlap from Florida. I have high hopes for what Ben Martin can do at starting DE in a Tampa 2, and am hoping Dan Williams can continue off of his impressive junior season.
              I <3 Dan Williams.

Carlos Dunlap and Ben Martin aren't bad choices. I like the Marvin Austin pick as well.
              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
              RIP themaninblack

Comment

I just wanted to add that I like love the potential of both Griffin and Dunlap. Both look like future studs.

I have my eye on Texas Freshman DE Alex Okafor as well.

Comment

I'll be a homer and say Justin Mincey at FSU, DT. We have a tradition of great DT's but have been lacking a little bit the past couple years, but this guy is very athletic and could have a big year.

Comment

I'll also be a homer at say Karl Klug.

He's been an absolute monster so far in spring drills and he's not exactly your conventional DT.

6'4 barely 260 mid 4.6, but somehow the guy has great leverage and uses his hands quite well.

He was the Big Ten player of the week as a back-up last year. Our DL is going to be stout up the middle apparently, it's pretty exciting, even with the defections of King and Kroul.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                      I <3 Dan Williams.

Carlos Dunlap and Ben Martin aren't bad choices. I like the Marvin Austin pick as well.

Comment

[Homer Alert] I'll agree with some others an say Da'Quan Bowers

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                          13.5 TFL and 9.5 sacks isn't a breakout year?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
                            Name a starter for a BCS team and I'm probably pretty familiar with most of the things he brings to the table.

I just push my Hawkeyes.

Potential Breakout DL??

Jared Crick, Nebraska
                            JJ Watt, Wisconsin
                            Omar Hunter, Florida
                            William Campbell, Michigan
                            Mike Daniels, Iowa
                            Armond Armstead, USC
                            Ian Williams, Notre Dame
                            NT

Eddie Jones, Texas
                            Malik Jackson, USC
                            Thad Gibson, Ohio State
                            Ben Martin, Tennessee
                            Marcus Robinson, Miami
                            End
                            Good pick, he is looking great in spring practices imo. Our DLine is gonna be sweet although a bit thin. Ethan Johnson and Ian have looked as good as any DLinemen in the recent past at ND and they are still young. Kapron Lewis Moore has pretty much cemented a starting spot and the last spot will be a nice fight between kerry neal and hafis williams (both of whom I'd feel more than comfotable starting with) with EJ filling up he other spot.

With regards to your other picks (non ND) I really like the other bolded picks.

PS I think this is the first time I post something publicly agreeing with you, might be that Im drunk but wth.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                            - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                            - Corner or Wideout in the first
                            - No reaching
                            - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information