Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite College Football players from the past..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite College Football players from the past..

Who were some players that you just had to watch, you didn't really care much about the team but you knew when this guy was playing, it was a must watch event? For me, Donovan McNabb at Syracuse defined that role. He was so amazing in college, it was kind of a new thing to me that a QB could be like that. To me he is still the most exciting college football player of all time. Funny though that I don't find him that fun at all in the NFL.

Drew Brees at Purdue was another one. He was amazing on the college level and I was very upset the Dolphins passed on him because I knew he would be this good at the NFL level. He had "it".

As for the U, the first is of course Sean Taylor. Taylor was the best athlete I have ever seen in college, I truly believe if he wanted to he could have been an All Pro WR. What a freak he was and the most memorable game I have ever seen from a single college football player was against Pittsburgh when he completely single handily shut down Larry Fitzgerald.

Warren Sapp was my next most electrifying player from the U. Didn't know a DT could take over a game from that spot like he did, but wow could he ever. I've never seen a DT collapse the pocket like every single time consistently like he did in college, didn't matter that he was always double teamed, at the least.

Mike Williams USC- I never saw anybody who made football (at the college level) seem so easy like BMW.

Kellen Winslow II "U" - He was a ****** soldier!!!

Vince Young UT - as a USC fan I don't want to talk about him, but I'll give him his props.

Comment

Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
      Mike Williams USC- I never saw anybody who made football (at the college level) seem so easy like BMW.

Kellen Winslow II "U" - He was a ****** soldier!!!

Vince Young UT - as a USC fan I don't want to talk about him, but I'll give him his props.
      Good ones. I still remember the Mike Williams recruitment very clearly; every teams fan base wanted their teams (especially the UF fans) to recruit him, but every team was offering him as a TE.

I'm also going to add one more that I forgot: Mike Vick. I still love Mike Vick and IMO he may have the most elite set of tools to ever play QB, college or NFL.

Comment

Ken Dorsey and Kellen Winslow.
        Outside of Miami I would have to pick Carson Palmer. The guy was unbeilevable.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I'll do some non FSU guys..

Sean Taylor - Was at the game in the rain where he picked off Rix twice, he absolutely dominated that game. But not to be nit picky, he didn't single handedly shut down Fitzgerald, top 10 pick Antrell Rolle was the corner on him.

Vince Young - Made college football look easy, I remember seeing his long run against OU as a freshman and being wowed.

Reggie Bush - Obviously electric, I would have to fight to stay up and watch USC's late games on TV here in the east coast.

Phillip Rivers - I still feel like he's the best college QB I ever saw in person. I saw him single handedly dismantle some good FSU defenses. The way he moved around in the pocket was maddening. I always knew he would be great in the pro's.

Comment

Comment

Just name a few in no order.

Larry Fitzgerald

Jeremy Maclin

Darren Sproles

Willis McGahee

Comment

Just some of my personal fav non-USC guys:

Comment

I cant believe that I fogot;

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Larry Fitzgerald
                    Calvin Johnson
                    Adrian Peterson
                    Braylon Edwards
                    Reggie Bush
                    Vince Young

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                    2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                    2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

It's blasphemous, but I sorta enjoyed watching Chris Wells. Was a threat to take it to the house on every play and had maybe the best stiff arm in history. =\
                      I'm a state.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                        It's blasphemous, but I sorta enjoyed watching Chris Wells. Was a threat to take it to the house on every play and had maybe the best stiff arm in history. =\
                        reggie bush and matt leinart are both in my top list. Add vince young and brady quinn (the most natural leader I've seen on a college level) and you have my top.
                        Way less spectacular but Jacob Hester also deserves a mention for me, i love guys just playing flat out as hard as they can.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                        - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                        - Corner or Wideout in the first
                        - No reaching
                        - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

SOMEBODY STICKY THIS THREAD

1. Donovan McNabb. i STILL have his Syracuse jersey
                          2. Andrew Zow and Freddie Milons.
                          3. David Terrell
                          4. Rex Grossman
                          5. Derrick Strait

One of the best threads on here...ever

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                            Me too. :(

Some non-Michigan players...

Comment

Im not a big fan of his, but im suprised nobody has mentioned Tebow
                              LOUD & PROUD

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information