Wtf?! Usc!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
    It's all well and good allof your excuses about injured players and the final bama score, but you all are still ignoring the main point: Ole Miss in Gainesville. Utah won every single game they played. UF did not.

What is the excuse for that?
    Far be it for me to toot the SEC's horn, but Florida, well, played in the SEC. Utah played in the MWC. Furthermore, Utah played nobody out of conference. No, it's not their fault that they played the worst Michigan team ever. However, they beat that same 3-9 Michigan team by 2 points and almost had it tied if it weren't for Steve Threet thinking that Toney Clemons is 981 feet tall. Florida played Miami. Not great, but better than Utah's schedule. Florida played good teams, Utah played scrubs. If your conference sucks and you want to be taken seriously, man up and schedule some good OOC games.

If you weren't such a Miami blowhard, we're not having this discussion. Move on. Florida won the national title. Get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
      Far be it for me to toot the SEC's horn, but Florida, well, played in the SEC. Utah played in the MWC. Furthermore, Utah played nobody out of conference. No, it's not their fault that they played the worst Michigan team ever. However, they beat that same 3-9 Michigan team by 2 points and almost had it tied if it weren't for Steve Threet thinking that Toney Clemons is 981 feet tall. Florida played Miami. Not great, but better than Utah's schedule. Florida played good teams, Utah played scrubs. If your conference sucks and you want to be taken seriously, man up and schedule some good OOC games.

If you weren't such a Miami blowhard, we're not having this discussion. Move on. Florida won the national title. Get over it.
      So is Rick Reilly a blowhard too? And there are many other sportwriters (and 16 voters in the AP poll) having this discussion too with no bias either way. Utah did not only beat scrubs, they beat one less top 25 team than Florida did.

Comment

Florida can have the BCS title, but as far as I'm concerned Utah is at least co-champions with them. Don't hurt them because the system is flawed beyond repair. Utah won every single regular season and postseason game they played this year, which is more than Florida can say. I won't fault Florida. They didn't screw Utah, the system did. Florida definitely deserved their National Championship but to take away from what Utah accomplished this year is just as unfair as taking away from what Florida did.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
          Florida can have the BCS title, but as far as I'm concerned Utah is at least co-champions with them. Don't hurt them because the system is flawed beyond repair. Utah won every single regular season and postseason game they played this year, which is more than Florida can say. I won't fault Florida. They didn't screw Utah, the system did. Florida definitely deserved their National Championship but to take away from what Utah accomplished this year is just as unfair as taking away from what Florida did.
          I like the point that Reilly made where he says Florida can have the BCS title which includes only 66 teams but Utah can have the National Championship which includes all 119 D1 teams. That seems fair to me and makes too much sense.

Comment

This thread got hijacked lol

Comment

It's all well and good allof your excuses about injured players and the final bama score, but you all are still ignoring the main point: Ole Miss in Gainesville. Utah won every single game they played. UF did not.

What is the excuse for that?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3815656
              I'm not making up ANY excuses. we lost to Ole Miss and won the rest of our games and got crowned the National Champions, there's no need for me to be salty. that's you. let it go cause regardless of who you crown the national champion in your head, at the end of the day we ARE the champions.

u ?

Comment

USC would've crushed any of them, nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
                  USC would've crushed any of them, nuff said.
                  based off what?

Comment

Originally posted by murdamal86 View Post
                    based off what?
                    That they're SC, duh. :D

On a serious note, I think USC was the only team that could match florida. I favor SC in that match-up, but then again I favor them in almost everything.

Comment

based off what?
                      Probably the same thing you and Sniper based UF beating Utah by two TDs or more off of aka an opinion based on the talent levels.

Comment

Probably the same thing you and Sniper based UF beating Utah by two TDs or more off of aka an opinion based on the talent levels.
                        Florida and USC are probably the two most purely talented teams in the country. For fun, I'd like to break it down.

QB- Florida
                        RB- USC
                        WR- USC
                        TE- Florida
                        OL- Florida
                        DL- USC
                        LB- USC
                        Secondary- Florida
                        ST- Florida

Thoughts?

Comment

you still ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                            Florida and USC are probably the two most purely talented teams in the country. For fun, I'd like to break it down.

QB- Florida
                            RB- USC
                            WR- USC
                            TE- Florida
                            OL- Florida
                            DL- USC
                            LB- USC
                            Secondary- Florida
                            ST- Florida

Thoughts?
                            sounds dead on to me but i'd say that UF WR's performed better this past season although i think that it's even when it comes to pure talent

Comment

you still ?
                              Silly Gators.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information